Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The ass kicking thread week 6

Ok..first of all I need my arse kicking for taking so long to post this! I am rubbish!! If I'm late again don't wait for me to post first!!

Secondly I need my arse kicking for eating a big bar of chocolate when I got home today..bad me! BUt I'm sure I burned off lots of calories shopping!!

I've been doing ok on the excercising and walking is ok.. I've been out and about a lot as i have a bunch of friends who are teachers and they are all off on holiday at the moment so mostly been walking into town and around town rather than walking by the canal but its all excercise!

This week..
Excercising each morning still
Walking (although Cole has his injections on Thurs so I'll have to see how he is after that)
No snacking in the morning (still doing good on that)
1 snack in the afternoon (not been doing so good on that)
No snacking in the evening (doing good on this and yoghurt after tea most days)

I did have chocolate cake the other day but it was healthy chocolate cake... it was mashed potato chocolate cake my friend made.. it was weird but kinda nice.. and hte potato makes it healthy..right?

Replies

• Options
    Kia - thank you for starting this thread each week - wasn't having a dig at you mentioning it.... never heard of mashed potato choc cake - completely new one on me! If adding potato makes it healthy does that mean carrot cake is healthy too??

Have to lose weight now - the doc has told me I've got to lose the excess stones - she thinks my weight has a lot to do with my state of mind (never been this heavy before and I don't like it). So I've been told off and shes going to weigh me at each of my fortnightly visits to the surgery - eek!

From thursday onwards last week (after my visit to docs) I ate pretty healthily (quite a few blips at the beginning of the week). Most days I've managed to stop snacking between meals which I'm fairly impressed with as this is my biggest downfall. Even resisted in the eve when oh goes and gets something to eat. I lost 2 lbs last week - up until I stopped bfing - not gona weigh myself while my boobs are so huge and heavy!

This week I'm going to start doing some exercise - this will hopefully help me to feel better - if I can get my sorry arse up off the sofa! Other than that I'm going to carry on with what I've been doing over the past week.

Hope everyone is feeling fit and happy x
  • Options
    Emma.. I know you weren't having a dig.. don't worry. Well done on the 2lb loss

The cake was a delia smith recipe apparently - my friend is great at cakes and I think she was just trying the recipe out.
  • Options
    Thanks Kia it was me who first mentioned it not being up and tbh honest I was pleased because I'd be so unbelievably good but lost no weight - argggghhhhhh!

Last week I had brunch each day - either smoked salmon and reduced fat cream cheese bagel or smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast. And then an evening meal. No cheating - no snacking at all, no naughty food. Couldn't do any exercise as my back was still not better from falling down the stairs, but was so pleased with how self disiplined I'd been. Weighed and measured myself on Sunday and no change. So I did the only sensible thing - I joined a gym, no only joking! I ate a big bar of dairy milk!!!

Just don't know how to shift this weight. I guess it's just going to be a slow process, it took 9 & 1/2 months for me to get that big maybe it's going to take that long to shift it!?!

My best friend is coming to visit this weekend with her 8 month old. She was still in her jeans right up til the end and I visited when her lo was 5 days old and she was back to a size 8! Boo! I love her but I'm just so jealous of how 'yummy mummy' she looks.

Going to try to get back into exercising this week my back now feels fine, I just don't seem to be able to get motivated.

El x
  • Options
    I've had a pap last week and this week with the boys being on hols and my bday (not had cake yet as hubby forgot to buy but have told him i NEED a cake for the kids! lol)
    So, I'm bunking off this week......
    Good luck those who aren't and well done on the weight loss Em. Bet once the boulders subside you'll be lighter still!
  • Options
    Well done to everyone who has lost and been very good!

I'm afraid I have been really bad for the last week and off to my Mum & dads this weekend, so its not going to get any better.

I haven't dared get on the scales but clothes don't feel any tighter so I'm hoping I haven't piled anymore on!

I'm going with the 9 month thing too - I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself.

So I'll see you all for next weeks thread!!!
  • Options
    This is a new thread to me, how much weight did everyone put on? I put on nearly 4 stones throughout, probably why Henry was such a giant!

I'm really struggling with the last 10lbs though, it just seems to hover now and I can't seem to shift it! Glad summer is coming so I can start walking with Henry but will that really shift that last bit of weight!!!? xxx
  • Options
    Its not the weight that I put on in pregnancy thats the problem - its all the weight I put on in the past 5 years thats killing me!! Emily - I'm sure the walking will really help shift the last bit!
  • Options
    well not been on for a while as quite frankly i think i should be starting an ass gaining thread!
    had loads of family problems pulling me in every direction so haven't managed to shift much just gained as i've been following everyone elses diets BUT (ahem) suns out and i'm back home so had a house work blitz yesterday (that's meant to do you good) i went for a walk with buggy today and intend to keep it up all week, sit ups will be done when lo goes down for the night and am back to my own foods with fruit for snacking (once i've finished the choccie in the cupboard lol) i love the pre-prepared fruit you can get it guarantees i eat it as don't wait so long for it to ripen it's off by the time i get to eating it!

emily66 yep i put on 4 stone too, i luckily lost a lot almost as soon as lo born but still have 1 stone to go and then i was prob too big to begin with so could do with at LEAST another stone on top of that or 2 dress in total! hmmm!
  • Options
    No idea how much weight I put on while I was pregnant - weighing myself isn't something I do that often. I think I have about a stone of pregnancy weight and another stone of being greedy/comfort eating weight!

The weight isn't gonna shift when I'm sat on the sofa eating crisps... I'm not allowed to move unless I have to cause my kneecap has gone all funny and it hurts to walk! Oh and we bought donuts in town... I really shouldn't go into town on Saturdays cause there is the donut guy and the cupcake lady! Mmm the cupcakes are good!