Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Too big for moses basket

Hi
Has anyone elses baby outgrown their moses basket yet? Jack is 9wk on Monday and his arms are touching the sides. Will have to put hom in his cotbed in his own room soon but he looks lost in it. I read that they should stay in our room for 6 month but the cotbed wont fit in our room!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Cole still fits in his (borrowed) basket but it is quite long. He'll be in his own room by May because my friend is due in June and will want her basket back!! Cole has a cotbed too and it won't fit in our room..its huge and he's gonna look so lost in it
  • Options
    Gracie's in her cot in our room and looks so cute in it! She's quiet until she's had her feed about 5am ish then she makes the horrible grunts which keep me awake! Last night my mum n dad babysat and she was still awake at 10pm, falling asleep then as we got back and then got woken up by my dad's cough at 10.30. Hubby gave her 4oz bottle and she slept thru till we got up at 7.30! Result!!! May give her bottle again at that time! Jabs today tho so who knows?!
  • Options
    katielou how on earth do you get your lo sleeping 7-7???
  • Options
    OMG 7-7?? How?? Im lucky if I get Holly asleep by midnight then she wakes at 5 or 6 or a feed and when she goes back down she grunts so loud no one else can sleep lol Holly is in her moses basket through the day but she really wont be in it long and is in her cot bed in our room at night.
  • Options
    We put phoebe in her own room about two weeks ago and i agree with Katielou- it was the best thing we did. She sleeps so much better and me and oh get our bedroom back. Her last feed is bout 10-10:30 and she sleeps right through till 8. I know it sounds weird but we never bothered with a moses basket but opted for a travel cot instead. We thought that she would be used to bigger spaces to sleep in so when the time came for her to go in her own room it wouldn't be scary for her and it worked! We had no probs at all. Also the travel cot doubles up as a playpen so will last her till she is about 2 X
  • Options
    I feel really lucky that Bryn occasionally goes 4-5 hours during the night... 7-7 that would be bliss! Bryn has been in a cot since he came home from hospital - My daughter hated the moses basket so we decided to put Bryn in the cot straight away.... He has slept in a travel cot and he slept ok in that too.
  • Options
    im too scared to put ryan anywhere but next to me yet but cant get his cot in our room. is it ok for them to slepe in travel cots?
    im so paranoid about cotdeath, had just got over it til i read about emmerdale next week. is there really any need for that?
    ryan is just over 60cm and really filling the length of his basket so need to do something soon!
    wow katielou ur doing well!!xx
  • Options
    I'd say travel cots were fine? After all, he'll go into his cot when you feel ready anyway. Only thing is, if they're asleep it's a bit of a way to lower them down!!! My boys used to rotate in it too,, but prob at a later age.
  • Options
    ryan got measured yesterday.....63cm!!!! no wonder he has been sleepy.
    BUT daddy spent 30quid on 0-3 sleepsuits 2 weeks ago in the bogof offer in mothercare and his feet are too big for them his lil toes r bent! scissors coming out lol hes going to have to wear socks in bed lol
    ali- i cant do bending over boobs dont agree and milk attacks hehe!
    xxx
  • Options
    Philip came out of his moses upstairs at 16days as it was a long narrow one and he seemed to wide for it, plus his cotbed arrived and we had nowhere to store it so had to put it up (and totally rearrange our bedroom!) quickly, he spent one night in moses in the cotbed, since then he's gone straight in it, the one downstairs lasted about another 10 days by which time he refused to sleep in it, so now downstairs he goes in his vibrating bouncer/chair thing which goes flat (ish) not that he sleeps much during the day!!

Holly - Ryan looks lovely in your avatar, good job i re-read your post properly, i thought you were going to cut his toes off!! have same problem with philip, 0-3shoes are too small and his feet fill his sleepsuits, just need his legs to catch up with them!