Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eeek!

Had my 32/33 week scan today and all is good with the baby which is fab news, he is head down and in a good position and they said he is unlikely to move from that now. According to my 20 week scan I am 32+3, by my dates I should be 33 weeks today but the average taken from the measurements today put me at 34+5! Apparantly he is already about 6lbs image Brendan was only 7lbs 4oz when he was born so I may be looking at a bigger baby! Really hoping he isn't late or he could be a real whopper!

Typical as I bought a few bits of size 50cm stuff when I was in the UK as Brendan needed that when he was first born and with all the talk of the Group B Strep possibly causing this one to arrive early I thought it was better to be prepared. Now you can guarantee I will go two weeks over and have a 10lb baby lol!

So I'm not surprised I am feeling huge and like my pelvis is about to break!

Ah, the joys of pregnancy huh?!! xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Liz,
    Not long to go for you now!bet you cant wait to just have baby here! I wouldnt worry too much about the size of baby,im sure he will be just the perfect size!i went 5days overdue with robbie,but its all worth it once there here!!
    take care,
    amy, mia (16months) and robbie (12days) xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Amy, hope everything is still good with you xx
  • Options
    Wow can't believe how fast ur pregnancy is going only seems a few months ago u were planning when to start ttc. Good to hear everythings going well with the not so little bean lol.
    I remember when I was I in labour the midwife turned round and said it's a big baby and he'd be about 9lb!!!! That scared me a bit ha ha but then he was 7lb2 lol
  • Options
    Oh Becci that is what I like to hear! Really hope this one isn't too huge, I don' fancy giving birth to a 9lber!! x
  • Options
    Oh how exciting , just enjoy it image good luck
  • Options
    Liz,

It sounds really positive. Can't believe you did a water birth last time. I had awful births with both mine. 7lb15 and 8lb12 but luckily the magic of a new born in your arms makes it all melt away!
  • Options
    Crikey - I'm with Becci it has gone so quickly!

They can't always get it right - a friend's first baby was an 11lber (ouch) and her next baby was 7lb 14 even though they told her she was going to have another huge one!!

I'm so excited for you - I bet even though you feel huge you're not at all!

Take care and rest as much as you can. xx
  • Options
    My nephew was 9lb something when born and his mum's pregnant again and said this time she wants a newborn as he seemed so big. Plus he had to spend a few days in the scbu full of teeny prem babies so he just seemed huge to her lol
  • Options
    Be prepared Liz!
    At Gracie's 4D scan at 34 week she was 5lb15oz and she was 8lb10oz born on her due date, so if you take the half a pound a week gain theory, she was almost bang on! Sorry, that's probably scared you silly. Jacob will be whatever he wants to be and will be gorgeous whatever!
  • Options
    Oh dear Ali, think I better be prepared for a bigger baby this time lol!

Weird thing is my bump isn't measuring big, and I have put on less weight so far than I had with Bren at this stage. She estimated his weight from his abdomen measurements so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
    As you say he will be whatever he will be and as long as he is healthy that's all I am really bothered about. Just so relieved I have the option of gas and air this time lol!!

Was Gracie bigger than your boys were when they were born Ali? xx
  • Options
    I'm sure the measurement can't be that accurate then, just from bump. Mine was from abdomen and head measurements or something like that!
    Yes, Gracie was the biggest! Charlie 7lb2oz, Alfie 7lb6.5oz and madam 8lb10oz. I did actually think the mw got it wrong, and that she'd be 7lb10, seemed a more natural progression! They got Charlie's first weight wrong by a whole pound, telling me he was 6lb2oz then rapidly changing to the correct weight! He was 17days early tho so a good weight!
    My friend's sis had a little girl yesterday, 2 weeks over at 8lb6oz, no pain relief and straightforward labour. My mate's hoping it runs in the family as she's due in October with no 1!
  • Options
    Well, I saw my midwife today and she said not to worry too much about the size of the baby. She said my bump wasn't on the large size it was all baby so she couldn't see that he could be so big. But she said if my bump measurements were to go up over the average she would send me for another scan to check the babies size.
    So I am pretty happy with that, she thinks he has started to move towards engaging already as he has dropped a little from last time but not yet 'fixed'. Apparantly if he engages before 36 weeks it is a good indication he will probably arrive earlier than my due date.

My blood pressure is low again at 90/60 but apart from that everything else was good.

So we will see! Keep your fingers crossed I don't have a 10lber ladies! image