Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MEET UP???!!!!

this meet up as you may gather is bugging me cause i really want to come!!!!!!!!!!!

what shall I do????? 3 hours is a very long way - not sure could spend all that dosh on fuel and fin in car would have to stop few times... has anyone driven that long on own with lo???

arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xxx

Replies

• Options
    Star - have you seen the other meet topic? I was asking if I missed the midland meet and everyone seems to think it never happened!

If you can't manage to get to the North one perhaps we could arrange another one for down here a bit - so no way I can make it all the way up north that time of year - the traffic will be manic and I would be very stressed!! Especially as Henry would probably sleep all the way there and all the way back and we would have to stop to have lunch on the way - massive nightmare!!

xx
  • Options
    oh soz didnt see that thread! no it didnt happen, we got so far but then i went back to work and nothing happened!!!!!!!!! but your right we must arrange something in the new year!

mmmm what to do?!!!!think i may have to decide nearer the time!

• Options
    Hi there Star11

I have travelled 6 hours in the car to visit my parents by myself and it was fine - I love driving but it is different with Max in the car - he was fine we stopped once for a feed and nappy change (after 3 hours) but other than that I just drove! I know what you mean about price of fuel but surely it is worth it to see all of us imageimage:lol:image !
  • Options
    wow 6 hours!!! i fine driving as drive over hour to get to work and then drive around in my job but obviously fin isnt with me!!!

i just said to hubby im sooooooooooooooooo confused as to what to do as ill be soooo jealous if i dont come!!!

one of you lot live near me im sure but cant remember who - could always go together if i find out who it is......... xx
  • Options
    i think its me charlotte! i so want to go but amnot sure.. its so far! what do u think?xx
  • Options
    Maybe you 2 can have a mini-meet-up and then if you still want to go up to the other one you can travel up together and then it makes a bit more of a day of it and theres someone to look after lo's if they start fussing a bit in the car?
  • Options
    what to do??!!! decisons!

xxx
  • Options
    yeah I think I do too - you live in Deeping don't you and I live in Gunthorpe!?

I really want to go too but we are just about to move house and will be a very tight xmas so not sure about fuel cost! Think if you time it right could set off at nap time though so at least the los aren't sitting there for too long!!

I do really want to go though.

xxx
  • Options
    i have decided that im not going to go (cry), but if you wanna meet up round near us that would be great. i think they r meeting on the 29th, which is my bday so may be doing something anyway (she says with little hope!)
    we went to chester the other weekend and ryan was quite good, was 3 hour drive but it was ok as drove up one night, then back the next day. dont think i could do it to him twice in one day.i hope theres lots of photosof this meet xxxxx
  • Options
    holly - i can so understand why you couldnt go... its your BDAY!!! your oh will have to do sumit special now for you!!!hehehe

emily -well we can decide nearer time if you want, like you said if we set off early so they can go back for sleep in car then it may work... like holly said its the fact it's 6 hours driving in total in one day...

if we cant meet then we'll get are arses in gear and arrange to meet more locally - when i tried to organise it before there was still a few wanting to meet!!!

xx