Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

oh my god child passports!!!!!!!

Anyone have any tips on how to get a good photo of Henry! We booked our hols for Weds and we both completely forgot that Henry needs a passport! So we managed to cancel it and change it for the week after as the quickest you can get one is 7 days. We went to a booth this morning and what a disaster - the photo came out with Henry screaming his head off and wriggling - How on earth are you supposed to get a decent photo - does anyone have any tips?!

Replies

• Options
    I got my lo's photo done when he was quite young .... but i took him to a shop that sells cameras etc and a man took the photo of him...do you have any photography/camera shops where you live as maybe someone taking the pic will be better!!!
    xx
  • Options
    you can either take it yourself on a digital and then crop it to the correct size or do as feebie suggested and get it done by a chap who will probably keep doing it til he gets a proper one. it is a nightmare because the passport office is so strict on what they will accept! at least if you pay for a proffessional to do it they will ensure that it is passport acceptable!
  • Options
    Just done jacks at wkend in a photo shop. Hes looking very miserable on it but at least i know they done a correct pic xx
  • Options
    We got ours done at our local chemist they take the pic themselves and did a few till they got one right that would be accepted, good luck and have a great holiday x
  • Options
    I posted this a few months ago. Got ours done for ??5.50 in a photo shop (cue photo of ugliest baby in the world)! And then finally got around to filling out the form a few weeks ago. Got it back last week. Another expense! Along with the travel insurance, car parking etc this holiday is getting more and more expensive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!!!

We took him to snappy snaps and they took a photo of him! So much easier!! But he wouldn't shut his mouth - surely this wont be a problem - cant believe how strict they are!

Pootle - I know what you mean - it's ??81 for his passport as we need it fast!! And vehicle assistance cover and travel insurance! Travelling is not as sponteneous as it once was!!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!!!

We took him to snappy snaps and they took a photo of him! So much easier!! But he wouldn't shut his mouth - surely this wont be a problem - cant believe how strict they are!

Pootle - I know what you mean - it's ??81 for his passport as we need it fast!! And vehicle assistance cover and travel insurance! Travelling is not as sponteneous as it once was!!

xxx
  • Options
    good luck! hope they accept the piccie and you get a fab holiday!