Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

work!

I have got myself a temp job, just a week of work starting next week & am working tue-sat, but my parents will be having Elijah during the week until hubby picks him up after work.
As well as not having worked since before uni (& i graduated 2 years ago), Ive also never left Elijah longer than a night :\( so feeling a bit anxious about my parents coping as hes very active & they are in their 70's! Im sure they will be fine, and he loves them & spending time with them, as they do with him. Am just a little nervous as its my first bit chunk of time away from him. It wont be the same just seeing him in the evenings!
A little dramatic for just a week I know :lol: just love him so much!
Am also hoping I will be fit and healthy next week, as you all know that im up & down alot xx

Replies

• Options
    Your temp job sounds great and Im sure it will do you the world of good! Elijah will have a great time with you parents and Im sure they will coped just fine image xxx
  • Options
    Well done you on the temp job, sounds like the right way to ease back into doing bits and pieces. I know how you feel leaving Elijah, we didn't start sending Bren to nursery until he was 18 months old and I felt like I had lost my arm the first day! I think it has done us both good though, and I am certain that he wasn't bothered at all lol! You know he will be in good hands with your Mum and Dad as they did such a fab job with you. Plus you are only a phone call away if they need you.

Fingers crossed you are fit and healthy and raring to go next week! xxxx
  • Options
    Hope the jobs going alright sweetie. I know I missed Maddy when I went back but, it was so good to be ME again!! And have adult (Well, sort of! Lol) conversation XXX
  • Options
    Good luck with it all - let us know how you get on xx
  • Options
    Hey all of you. Job is going well so far (2nd day today.) My parents are doing ok with Elijah, although he was unwell last night/today & i hated to leave him, but he coped really well. Oh gonna try & get back early from work tomorrow so my parents can get home a bit earlier! Will let you know how it all went properly on sun! xxx
  • Options
    Glad it is going ok, hope Elijah is feeling better soon. xx
  • Options
    glad to hear it is going well!
  • Options
    Hiya, hope Elijah's feeling better and you're enjoying the job!
  • Options
    Thankyou all lovely friends image Elijahs really unwell so had to miss work today to take him to docs, has a throat infection poor thing. I actually missed going to work & found i got really bored at home today lol. Last shift tomorrow xx
  • Options
    Awww, poor Elijah! Hope he gets better soon. Glad to hear you have enjoyed working, sounds like it has done you some good having a change of scene x
  • Options
    awww bless him - hope he is better soon. So glad you have enjoyed the week - a change is as good as a rest as the saying goes!