Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ooooppps

I think I have maybe been over doing things since my c section (less than 3 weeks ago) as mu wound has opened up a tiny bit and is weeping! Needless to say its a but sore, Im not really sure who I should call as I have been discharged from my midwife and was really unhappy with the care I had on the ward. Obviously my gp is closed till tomorrow, do you think I should wait until then?

Amy xxx

Replies

• Options
    If it's weeping you might have an infection I would get to the hospital as soon as you can and get that looked at
  • Options
    have u had it checked amy? maybe ring good ol nhs direct and they will tell u what to do, they often get a local nurse to call uback anyway
    xx
  • Options
    Well I called NHS24 and they told me to go see the emergency doc and get it checked so I went and waited 2 hours to be seen and in the end was seen by a nurse in a&e as the emergency docs were runnling so behind (which I didnt mind, at least I was seen!) The nurse has a look and poked it and said ohh its leaking and quite red yup its infected. Then she said I take it you want antibiotics! Well your the nurse I said, do I need them how bad is it ect, then she changed her mind and said I didnt need to take anything and it would clear up itself?
    Dp and I are going away to his parents tomorrow for a week so I'll keep an eye on my wound and get medical advice down there. I am sooo dissapointed at my local hospital, I used to think they were one of the best.
  • Options
    omg thats appauling! i got asked if ineeded iron tablets when i was in hospital which i had no idea about, a few hours later i was having 3 transfusions cos they didnt no id haemorrhaged (sp?). its scary isnt it how little some of them seem to know..
    hope it gets better anyway and that u have a lovely week,mite get better care if u c someone down there xx
  • Options
    Hi Amy, i reckon you would deffo need antibiotics. Your hospital sounds pants. Deffo get it checked out while you are away and TAKE IT EASY! x
  • Options
    hi amy

i would def ask for 2nd opion i went to hosp as i was bleeding from wound and they took swab and told me i didnt have infect i told them i did and it came back i DID so i was right anyway as you know david will be 6wks on wed and ive been on antibiotica up till last week ended up back at hosp for the 4th time to get stitch cut as infec wasnt clearing up my wound is still weeping slightly and very smelly its taken ages to clear up so not sure if its still slightly infect or not so if your in doubt please go get checked again to be on same side

all the best tracey x
  • Options
    Awww Amy that is terrible! I would go to the local hospital and your ohs parents and hopefully they will be much better. What is the point in having the NHS when the standard is that bad?

Hope you are ok xx
  • Options
    wingy is right they should of at least taken a swab to confirm the infection and offer you antibiotics to clear it up it is a surgical wound for god sake!

I hope you went to the hospital near your OH's and got some if not try your GP they should be able to help.

Jillycat x
  • Options
    Well my wound is still weeping (only a little bit now) the redness has gone down a lot so am hoping its heeling! W are are my oh's parents now so I plan to try and see a GP down here, not too sure how easy that will be though!!
    Ive sent my complaint off about the treatment at my local hospital so will keep you all updated on that as well.
    Hope everyone is ok,
    Amy + Holly xxx