Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

portion sizes

really wondering if we are over facing max with portion sizes - how do you know how much to offer?? He is a poor eater still and I wonder if putting too much on his plate is putting him off!

Any advice on how to judge a good size???!

Replies

• Options
    I was wondering this a few weeks back as Elijah seemed to be put off by portions being too big. I googled it and found this site, found it quite handy! http://www.littlepeoplesplates.co.uk/
  • Options
    I worry but then tbh zachariah makes his point loud and clear when he's had enough so I don't worry too much lol!
    He tends to get a portion that would fit in those ikea plastic child bowls. I'm always happy to refill it if he wants more but tbh it tends to be enough and I'd watched a programme where they did say children need a lot less than you'd think and if you overfeed them then they just get greedy and want more........
  • Options
    I tend to give him a fairly small amount andif he eats it all I offer more. He's a good eater though so I don't have the worry of worrying if he doesn't seem to eat to much one night. Like w4b, he usually has the Ikea bowl sized portion lol
  • Options
    Oakley was a good eater and at 8 months to 18 months ate more than he does now. But Jo Frost said that they slow down as they get older.

Now he's getting v fussy with hot meals - he has about 1/2 or 3/4 of the small ikea bowls
  • Options
    Bren doesn't eat loads and I find if I give him a small amount he is more likely to eat it and ask for more if he is still hungry.
    He also seems to prefer it if I dish up the food at the table for some reason. x