Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A different kind of addict!

So you lot all seem to have telly addicts (well not all - you know what I mean!) but Max is not interested - to be fair I don't put kids programmes on cos I can't stand them but when I have it on for me he occasionally glances and that is it.

HOWEVER, sit him in front of the washing machine and he is entranced for ages - cheap thrills or what - the thing is he wants to get inside from what we can tell so we will have ot be careful with keeping the door shut!!!!!

Is it just him or are any others interested in household appliances??

Replies

• Options
    Holly loves the washing machine as well and the hoover!! If she hears it on she tries to find it and then chases after it lol
  • Options
    Jules has got a brilliant video of Zach watching the washing machine - you'll have to ask her to send it to you. (Hope you don't mind Jules - but it was a very amusing video!)

Both mine like the tv - and to be honest I use it as a way of being able to sit down and have a cuppa.... although Bryn keeps trying to climb up and play with the characters on the tv!!
  • Options
    Bren loves it when I hoover when he is in his door bouncer - he squeals and jumps up and down, very funny!

He is a bit of a telly addict but only for certain programmes, he will sit and watch Thomas and Friends, Wheels on the Bus, Tulli (baby tv), and sometimes likes Rupert Bear Fifi flowerpot (or something like that!). Other than that he is addicted to climbing up on anything he can trying to walk! He can now stand up holding onto the sofa and move across from that to holding onto the coffee table, and his latest trick is to bend down to pick up a toy and stand back up again!
  • Options
    Sams gone off the telly just lately. However the hoover and washer still hold him entranced.
    He has however now discovered the stairs and thinks the best game is us chasing him up them. We have put a gate at the top, but not yet sorted the bottom.
    Will be my bank holiday trip to mothercare me thinks.
  • Options
    Washing machine telly is the best kind ever! sometimes there are even socks in it! Cole loves the washing machine...and socks! WE just got a new machine today and he's been fascinated- was even squealing with excitement watching it. Funny boy!

kerry - if you have a big asda near you they have 2 for ??30 on babygates - we just saved ??20 on getting htem from asda rather than mothercare - plus its the same offer on bed guards so we have one of those too for the future! They are lindam gates too. Oh and the ??1.25 playmat - total bargain shopping trip!
  • Options
    I got the gates from Asda too they are good!
    Jack still obsessed wi Mickey Mouse Club house! Loves Phil and Fern but not keen on Eamon and Ruth and hates Lorraine Kelly but loves Loose women especially Jane Mcdonald.
    Likes the washer and our springy doorstop!!! xxx
  • Options
    hee hee! i've just added it to the fb group to share it. (it still makes me giggle!) Charli - are you on fb?

[Modified by: julesy on August 30, 2008 03:01 PM]

• Options
    Obsession with the hoover seems quite common, Philip only has to hear it and he starts chasing it! have to secure him in playpen to hoover, then he stands at the side watching it moving round the pen as i move round the room! Washing machine obsession seems to have stopped for a bit, until he realises ther are buttons to press!!

Trying to curb the tv addict in him, although it is really useful to be able to get things done!
  • Options
    Poor old Maddy has decided that the hoover is some kind of monster and screams in absolute terror if I put it on. She's started doing the same with the hairdryer! I have tried turning them on and off very quickly a couple of times and speaking to her saying 'What's that? What's that noise?' and letting her touch them when they are switched off but, still scared of them! Lol
  • Options
    god what a great excuse not to do the hoovering!
  • Options
    i replied other day to this but not showing - anyway fin is obsessed with washing machine and gets very stressed if its going and cant get to it!

he used to hate hoover when little scream his head off but now hes fine as long as he can se it!