Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bean update

Hi,

Just to make those of you who are feeling broody feel better about not being able to have another yet I thought I would give you an update on how my pregnancy is going!

I'm 7+4 now and the last week or so I have started feeling more poorly, I usually have a couple of close calls a day nearly being sick but thankfully have managed to control it so far! Brens top two teeth are coming through and his nappies have been awful which is really not a nice job when you feel like you are going to throw up anyway!!
I am managing to eat ok this time though, better than I did when I was pregnant with Bren as I lost nearly half a stone in the first 12 weeks with him. It is weird this time as I feel sick but I still feel hungry, so I can be eating my dinner feeling awful but still wanting to keep eating it! Very strange!!
No real cravings yet and thankfully my jeans are still fitting ok although I am feeling more bloated towards the evenings.
The tiredness is definately kicking in though and I feel like a nap most afternoons and ready for bed by about 7pm! Hubby isn't too impressed about that as he likes us to have some quiet time watching a film or something after Brendan has gone to bed. It is hard to explain to men how pregnancy makes you feel, especially when there is no bump yet.

I'm going back to the UK for a week mid November with Brendan to see my Dad as he is really not doing well and has been getting quite fed up about how fast his condition is developing. I'm hoping seeing Brendan will help cheer him up a bit, and I think every moment I can have with him is precious at the moment. I'm not looking forward to travelling with Bren on my own though, and I am just hoping that I will be feeling ok by then. I will be staying with my Mum while I am back though so at least she will be able to spoil us a bit which will be really nice!

Anyone else thinking of trying for another anytime soon?!! :\)

Replies

• Options
    I shall try again...BE ate my first attempt at a reply!
    I'm glad you and the bean are doing well. I was very lucky with morning sickness and wasn't sick with any of them, apart from feeling sick early on for one week with Gracie.
    Could you difference in sickiness mean baby bean is pink?! I'm a right one for trying to look for any clue to hint on the sex of a baby! Will you find out or not? We didn't till having Gracie, when I used the excuse of having lots of boys clothes to either keep or get rid of....they're still up in the attic lol.
    Hope you have a good trip over here and that your dad can make the most of his time with Bren without the fuss and business of Christmas. You'll be fine, just make sure you ask for assistance on the plane for when you land etc of needed. They were excellent when we flew back from Spain after my op.
    Keep us posted on the bean, I love hearing about it! And no, unless the 'trying to not make a baby' sessions fail, I'll not be joining you in the morning sickness stakes...and if I do fail, you lot will be among the first to know, after hubby of course! image:lol:
  • Options
    Im glad to hear you and bean are doing well :\) I was lucky as well and had very little morning sickness with Holly, do you think it might be a girl? Have you got any instinct yet? I was convinced Holly was a boy and even asked the sonographer to check again lol
    You'll be fine flying on your own with Bren one bit of advice though is make sure your buggy is easy to fold, Ive flown about 11 times with Holly on my own and only once has someone asked if I needed help! Im not sure if you were planning on taking a buggy but I have to because the walk in the terminal is about 20-30 mins and nooo way could I carry Holly that far. Also take snacks for on the flight as its really good for distracting them when they want down to play ect.
    I hope you have a lovely time at home being spoilt by your mum and like Ali says have a nice time with your dad without the hassle and stress of christmas. Have a great holiday xxx
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything is going ok for you - shame about the pants sickness! I was fine with my preg until about 16 weeks when I had 2 weeks of HORRENDOUS sickness - like you I was ALWAY hungry and would want to eat but would often rush off to chuck up! This is gross but I nearly always then went back and finished what I started! Oh and in my first 12 weeks I lost a stone and a half ! (needed to though I wasn't trying!)

Hope you have a fab time with your dad and being looked after by your mum! image
  • Options
    Thanks girls :\)

I do keep thinking of the bean as a girl but I think that is more because I would like it to be a girl so I am not outnumbered by boys lol! We will hopefully find out at the 20 week scan which I can't wait for as we don't get a 12 week one out here.

It would be nice for Brendan to have a brother though so if it is a boy then I really don't mind, plus it will be cheaper on the clothes front as my friend had a baby boy this summer!

Thanks for the travelling tips Amy, I am taking the pushchair this time (first time!) which I am nervous about but as you say there is no way I could carry Bren around all the time. The snacks are a good idea so I will make sure I take a few things with me for him. It is a really late flight (we don't get to the UK until 11:15pm!!) so I am hoping he will sleep on the flight. It is only an hour and a half though so not bad. I think I am more nervous about getting down from the terminal to the plane as it is down steps and I have never noticed if there is a lift before. I guess there must be otherwise how would disabled people manage! I have priority boarding anyway so hopefully that will give me time to get on with him and get sorted out. When you have flown with a pushchair Amy do they let you take it on the flight and store it for you or do they take it off you and load it as you are boarding the plane? x
  • Options
    omg liz- congrats! glad ur doing well, hope the sicky feeling passes too its horrible image xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Bluey! Long time since I have seen you on here, how are things going? x
  • Options
    I know! since I had Elijah, we didnt have the net at home so i couldnt get on at all really. We are good! He is crawling about, looks like a sniper! lol and standing up, trying to walk along the furniture. Could not even think about another one yet tho!!! xx How is your little one getting on?
  • Options
    Hi

Liz - re the buggy and plane thing - when we flew with Max both times they took it off us as we boarded the plane and then when we got off at the other end the buggies were the first thing that came round on the carosuel - but it might depend on the airline? Don't know!
  • Options
    Thanks Charli, that is what happened when we took him with his car seat when he was small so hopefully it will be the same. I'm flying with Ryanair, at least I can ask when I check in so I have an idea of what to expect!

Bluey - yep Brendan is the same crawling and trying to walk. He is a real cheeky boy, when we say 'No!' he now replies with 'yeah!'!! Hubby wanted a small age gap, and I kind of agree having two close together will be nice. Hard work at first but I am hoping they will be friends and play together so it will be easier when they are a bit older. We will see anyway! Nice to see you back on anyway, hopefully you will get chance to pop on more often! x
  • Options
    Just ask to take the buggy to the gate and then the only thing is you have to fold it down and leave it at the bottom of the stairs which can sometimes be tricky by yourself but Im sure someone will help you.The buggy should be there for you getting down the stairs because sometimes its a really long walk to the terminal. xxx
  • Options
    how exciting!!!! i still cant believe your pregnant...............

how come they dont do 12 week scan??? i wouldnt be able to wait till 20 weeks!!!

well i was sick from week 5 till week 14 every single day and most nights! it was awful, the only thing that semi helped was nibberling all the time on cream crackers and soft mints! i lost over a stone in first few weeks!

my friend had boy and wasnt sick then was preg with second and carried different and was ill and so we all thought it would be a girl but nope it was a boy!

sorry to hear your dads not too good, i thi nk your doing right thing visiting with bren, my nan had been poorly and was in hospital - then since having fin shes is fine as if nothings ever been wrong - she plays with him loves buying him things, has looked after him for odd hour and loves him to bits!!! it gives them something else to think about!

xxxxxx
  • Options
    My morning sickness got worse with each of my 3 pregnancies, but i really didn't have it too bad, just the all day hung over feeling and soooo tired.

I think your body is just telling you to rest more when you are doing so much more for another baby already. I fell pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was only 9 mths so within that first year your whole body just aches for more sleep anyway.

Keep your feet (and your chin) up, and hopfully it won't last too long.

Shell
  • Options
    Liz- yea i think its really good to have a small gap between babies so they can play and be close. I just dont think i could handle being pregnant again just yet as i really did not have fun! And also my birth was very traumatic and i think im still recovering!!! xx
  • Options
    Thank you Liz for making us all feel part of it - especially as alot of us are not going to be pregnant again! I didn't have morning sickness with any of mine - just slightly queasy when around certain food/drink.

I hope you have a fab time with Bren and I'm sure you're dad will really appreciate having you both to himself without the pressure of christmas!

Pity you don't live closer (or even in this country!! lol) - I bought a double 3-wheeler pram when Bryn was born and I've only used it once! Got to try and get rid of it now! Its a pity I'm not having another one cos it was great to push - easier than Bryns buggy!!

Take care - and keep us up to date on bean. x
  • Options
    Oh Em the double buggy sounds interesting, hubby is convinced we won't need one but I know we will! I've been looking at the tandem ones (one behind the other) as they seem to be slimmer and more popular than the side by side ones. I think I am going to go for a Graco one as it will mean I can use Brendans Graco baby car seat and clip it onto it, plus they only seem to be about ??100!

What make was yours? Did you look at many before you bought that one? x
  • Options
    I'm not sure what make it is - its very like a lightweight version of the mothercare one. One that can fit your carseat sounds like a good idea. I only bought mine for walking - if I wanted one to do shopping with then I think I would have gone for one of the tandem ones. You might have to think about what one fits into your car as well. xx