Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

CCx3!

Well, third child, third lot of controlled crying! I decided to begin getting Gracie going to bed on her own and not coming into our bed by doing cc on Weds night. She was well for once, so we just did it. The first night she only cried on and off for 10 mins then settled...only to wake two mins later having pooed! She did that again at 3.30am and normally I'd bring her into our bed, where she'd either sleep again, or fidget for up to 2 hours...not good! But I stuck to my guns and left her to self-settle again.
Now, 5 nights in and she barely whimpered when putting her to bed. And it's just soooo nice to have our bed to ourselves. Now, does anyone know a cure for drunken hubby snores?!?! If it's not a child, it's him waking me up during the night lol.
I think cc is one of those things you dread doing, but are soooo glad when you realise how quickly it does work and how much better off everyone is.

Replies

• Options
    Well done on the cc for Gracie!! As for hubby snoring I would give him a good kick and if that doesn't work a big shove so he falls out of bed should do it! lol!
    Failing that ban him from the pub and hide all the booze so he can't get drunk in the first place =)

Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight! xx
  • Options
    Lol Liz! I'd try pushing him out but I'd knock him into next week, our bed's that high!
  • Options
    ha ha well done Gracie and u with the cc. Don't get me started on snoring Jay's that loud he wakes rhys up and his rooms across and down the hall from ours!Q!!!

He often gets lots of elbows in his back ha ha
  • Options
    Well done on doing the cc I found that Holly took ages to settle to start with but then after about a week she was ok. Now however is a ifferent story and can see myself resorting to ccing again soon. Last night I was up 13 yes 13 times to her and as soon as I went ino her room she stopped crying and just wanted cuddled to sleep! Its just finding the energy to start it!
  • Options
    wow well done! fin goes through random stages some times good and only stirs a little but then wakes at 6ish which is fab but then he'll have nights usually every other (weird) that he wakes lots and i have to keep laying him down and pat bum and then as soon as i get back in bed he starts again! very annoying! since he's been poorly he taken to waking in the night usually once and then at 5am but ready for morning - so i try laying him down etc and as he's still got bit of cold his nose is all bloked and then i give in and bring him in our bed with bottle!
    i need to try the cc then as at one point he would stay in cot till 7am that will never happen at the mo!

Hollys mummy - have you moved holly back in her room now? really hope it gets better 13 times is maddness - xxxx
  • Options
    Ah well done you, must be nice to finally have some space! Elijah seems to be over being ill now and is eating fine. He has also slept for the last 2 nites (even til 8.30 this morning! bliss!!) after having been up every hour for the last month. So although hes in our room in his travel cot, at least we are getting some peace image xxx
  • Options
    aah glad elijah is better.
    we thought about cc but decided it wasnt for us. we have taken things slowly so that its easy for us all and started with holding hand through bars, then just being there,now we can walk out the room. as he is on cows milk he also has that to fall asleep with.
    well done all the babies for sleeping... i have to make a shocking confession... ryan has been in our bed so much we bought a lower bed... needed one anyway,.. have a bed guard on my side! both were due to him fallin out twice. bad mummy! anyway i can take it off now!
    xx
  • Options
    Lol Holly! All 3 of ours have had quite long spells of sleeping in our bed each. It just ges a bit much when there are 5 of us in there of a morning before we get up! Poor Charlie has to lie at our feet! We should just get up, lazy sods that we are he he.
    Glad Elijah's better too!
  • Options
    every morning fin is in bed with us - im soo lazy i give him bottle in bed an try my hardest to get him back off sometimes he cuddles in and goes sleep which is soooo lovely but usually he smacks us in the face, winges and wants to play but i still refuse to get up!!! im not a morning oerson!

• Options
    Well done Gracie and Ali for being strong!

Can't help you on the snoring hubby as I've got one of those too! I have tried rubbing his back rather than hitting him (though I have tried that too) it brings him around enough to stop him from snoring but not enough to wake him - if I'm quick (and lucky) I can sometimes get to sleep before he starts again! image