Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rubbish Next sale, but Oxford won boat race!

Got up early this morning to go to the next sale hoping for lots of bargins, but it was rubbish hardly any baby stuff at all. Only ended up getting a pair of trousers for work and a fleecy zip up top. Then my daughter's team lost their footy match (getting close to winning the league only need two more wins so real disappointment not to be that bit closer). But Oxford won the boat race! (my brother coxed for 3 years and the buzz is just electric, the most amazing thing that I've ever watched). We usually go every year so it felt really strange to not be there, I love going, but with a baby under 3 months and the awful weather I'm glad that we didn't. Anyway it has given me a real kick up the bum! These guys are amazing they train for half a year for 6 hours a day for that one moment along side studying full time, they are amazing athletes. I have had a terrible week for the diet and exercise, eating sooooo much chocolate, I'm dreading getting on the scales! After watching that I've promised myself to be better this week.

El x

Replies

• Options
    I'm really glad i didn't go then, seeing as it was peeing it down! To Next that is, not the boat race...too far for us! Bet there's a few popped up Oxfordians (or whatever they call them?!) tonight!
    You must be very proud of your brother. x
  • Options
    must depend on the store El as I got loads of baby stuff at my Next mainly 6-9 month stuff and a lovely 9-12 month coat for Sept-Dec for him. Plus I got there at 8am after his feed and they were still putting some new stuff out. The best bit was I had some saved vouchers so only spent ??9 for lots of outfits:\)

I agree those guys are amazing. One person I think shows a lot of determination is that 13 year old boy who won something recently in diving and has been chosen I think for the Olympics makes my lack of will power seem even worseimage
  • Options
    Ours was also rubbish, i got there at 10.30 and there were 3 baby boy things left (from new baby to 12-18months) so didn't spend a penny!

Glad Oxford won the boat race, i originate from about 10miles west of Oxford and always cheer them on