Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

potty training - POOS!!!!

I need some advice - I started potty training Henry on Saturday and he's doing really well, we only had one accident today and 10 wees in the potty but we had a poo in the pants!!! We had a poo on the floor in the corner of the room on Saturday and in his nappy pants on Sunday!

He knows he's supposed to go on the potty and I do constantly remind him but he usually makes it just in time! He is a very private pooer and tells you off if you speak to him whilst he goes so I'm at a loss as what to do now!

Is anyone else having this problem? I've tried putting remains down loo and showing him! I've ordered a reward chart too!

The problem is he doesn't really like the toilet yet and the three seats I've got are rubbish - they slip all over the place, potty training is soooo tricky!

xx

Replies

• Options
    I have NO idea what to advise but wanted to say well done on going for it. Could you show him that he could move the potty to a more private place?? Would that help?

Max announced on Sunday morning that he did not want a nappy on only big boy pants so he duely had some on and stayed dry ALL morning even on the potty no wees at all - then when it came to nap time we told him he needed ot have a wee on the potty before nap or his bed would get wet, he sat on his potty thinking it over for about a minute then stood up and said 'oh i'll just have a nappy on then' - ;little bugger!!! So we haven't gone anywhere near no nappies again yet! He has shown NO SIGNS up until sunday mornings announcement though so I am not bothered!
  • Options
    I was going to suggest moving the potty too, or putting it in a corner for him. Sounds like he's doing really well though! My friend had problems for ages with her lo pooing in the potty and what worked in the end was toilet humour. Typical boys really but after his daddy laughing at the funny splashing noises poos make int he toilet he was a converted toilet pooer!

As for toilet seats - we have just bought one from b&q which has a kiddie seat that slots into the lid and is held up by a magnet so its out of the way when adults use the loo. Its too strong for a lo to pull the seat down so it needs leaving down all the time when lo is using it but other than that its great. It was ??35 though which I might not have willingly paid if we hadn't needed a new toilet seat anyway!

Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies,

we went to my mum's today and took potty with and he had no accidents - even managed a 20 minute car trip!

He didn't poo today so I couldn't try the private potty idea!! I've heard that it is because they're used to squatting and sitting is more tricky?! Def going to try and catch it 2m, trouble is he plays on his own a lot now and with Isabelle it's tricky to keep an eye on him 100%! He seems to be waiting for opportunities - as soon as I'm out of the room or feeding Isabelle he poos, must be keeping it in bless him!

He did a wee earlier and I took the top part of it to flush away and went to the toilet myself and he came running in and grabbed his potty, put it back in the base and did a wee! So cute!

Kia - ??35?! hubby would never shell out that much! Other thing is we're on 3 stories so have to have 3 potties and 3 training seats - that's why I've been buying the cheaper ones!

I can't believe Max said that to you!! lmoa!! He sounds like he's 2 going on 12!!! Henry would never say that to me! It's a blessing if he goes for his day time nap willingly let alone listening to reason beforehand!

xx
  • Options
    Whilst I was out swimming i had a text from hubby to say that Henry had done a giant poo in his potty!! I knew it was brewing but didn't think i'd catch it - so pleased! Hubby said he was just looking a bit shifty so told him to sit on potty and he did it and jumped up and said 'disgusting'! - it seemed as if he wasn't sure he was supposed to do it in there! Bless him!

xx
  • Options
    oh YAY - go henry! Hope it continues.

And get you going off swimming! image
  • Options
    we had another one today! He spent all afternoon on and off it trying and managed in the end - we had no accidents at all either - so proud of him!

worried about taking him out and about now though - anyone got any tips, don't fancy taking a potty out with me but think I may have to!
  • Options
    I know you said he's not really interested in the toilet yet but maybe a fold up toilet seat to take out might make more sense thatn a potty, we got one from mothercare for 9.99 and it's great, means Philip can use the toilet without me worrying about him falling through the hole, sitting on yucky toilet seat or touching said yucky toilet seat with his hands! not a brilliant fit on every toilet but enough that i don't injure my back trying to dangle him over the toilet!

We got a comfy toilet seat from Kididcare.com that seems to fit our toilet well and that was about ??10 as well, did manage to get one from TKmaxx but they are so hit & miss!

Good luck with future poos!!