Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm back..... for now at any rate!

Hello everyone.... I've been without the internet now for 3 weeks (on and off - the blasted thing keeps conking out and 3 engineers and numerous calls to bt have failed to sort it out!).... its been driving me nuts - especially as this has been my lifeline!

Brief update from me (before net goes again!).... if anyone can give me an update on all the latest news I would really appreciate it as the net seems to go after 20 mins or so and thats not enough time to catch up!!

We've all got really bad colds and coughs (I had an asthma attack on sunday night) Dave has had to take the week off work to keep an eye on kids (and me!)

Bryn has finally got a little white speck of tooth poking through - its 2 months earlier than Fee managed it but a lot later than most babies! He's standing up at every available opportunity (and regularly falling over with Fee's help!) He's started sleeping through the night again but up at 5:30 - waaaay to early for me - I'm not a morning person!!

Fee has become a proper little madam - but still as gorgeous as ever - despite her very runny nose - yuk!

Tristan finished filming today - the 5am starts were starting to knacker him (he had to get up at 3:45 to get there in time) and he's actually looking forward to going back to school.

Sorry for missing a few birthdays - I know I missed Liz's -(hope you had a fab day) but I'm sure there were a few others.

Right better leave it there before I get cut off again! :roll:

Hope everyone is ok.... Look forward to catching up. TTFN x

Replies

• Options
    grr don't believe it i replied and it seems to have vanished into cyber space so... again..

hello, sorry youre having trouble with internet and hope you get it sorted quickly. unfortunately i cant update you as i've been offline for the last 2 moths with crappy internet (i realoly empathise!) but, once i've get myself up to speed i'll fill you in, however i'm sure one of the other luv-er-lies on here will get you up to date in no time.

wow bryn well done on the tooth front,. we've got 3 and a 4th is definitely on its way as i can see it!
    standing- eugh we're getting a lot of this too now and think zachariah is going through a bumps on head stage as i only manage to catch him 99.9% of the time lol! he hasn't mastered staying up yet teehee :lol:
  • Options
    Hi Em! Welcome back (ish!). We had loads of trouble with BT line a year ago for 6 whole months, so we did away with them and now run internet of hubby's mobile (dongle or summat!) for ??15/mth!
    Anyways, I'm not gonna be the best updater either....I'm back at work as of this week (did my 2 days and they flew by!).
    Gracie's also snotty and mastering standing up and falling down! Tooth no 4 is almost on it's way. She was awake during the night for an hour or 2 last night so I'm off to beddy byes soon....yawn....!
    Hope you're ok after asthma attack, and make sure you get looked after well, lots of chocs n loves!
  • Options
    Hey Em, nice to see you back. Hope you are feeling ok now, the asthma attack really does not sound like fun!

Thanks for your e-mail about Secret Santa, my mum is over in a week or so and I will get her to send out the details to everyone as to who they are buying for so we all have plenty of time.

We are doing ok, Brendan is desperate to walk and is pulling himself onto his feet all the time on anything he can. He has developed a good skill of sitting down on his bum when he starts to wobble so he isn't falling as much! He is also letting go of things every now and then and has managed to stand on his own for about 10 seconds followed by lots of cheering from me lol!
    He hasn't been sleeping well lately, waking at least once a night usually crying and crying until I give him a bottle and he is finishing nearly all of it. Not really sure what is going on there as he is still having about 4 bottles during the day along with breakfast, lunch and dinner! I think teething may have something to do with it as he has been dribbling like mad.

I've been a bit down lately as my Dad has been really poorly with a chest infection. It has really knocked him for six what with his motor neurone disease as he struggles to cough because his muscles are so wasted and his speech has gone downhill a lot as a result of the coughing. It is his 60th birthday at the end of this month and my step mum had used some money she had in savings to get tickets for them to go to Singapore today and go and see the F1 grandprix as my Dad has followed it all his life. It didn't look like he was going to be well enough to go, although his GP wouldn't say one way or another. Apparantly my Dad has picked up quite a bit in the last couple of days so my step mum has upgraded their tickets to business class and they got their flight this morning! I'm just really hoping he copes ok with the flight and has an amazing time in Singapore. It really is breaking my heart seeing my Dad deteriorate so quickly and knowing that this could be his last birthday and Christmas.

Sorry for being so depressing! :roll:

Fingers crossed your internet is sorted properly soon anyway. xx
  • Options
    Oh Em - there must be something attacking the BE members, our laptop broke 2 months ago and the home comp decided it wasn't going to give access to the internet properly. So I've not been on properly either!

However time does seem to have flown by, hope your colds are not too bad. Sam has a bad one at the mo too.

I am back at work on monday and am dreading it.
  • Options
    Lol Kerry, I think the government are thinking BE ladies are on for world domination and so are knocking us off one by one.....not a bloody chance tho!

Liz, I hope your dad has an amazing holiday. It must be so upsetting for you. Will you see him during the Xmas hols?
  • Options
    Thanks Ali, yep we are going back to the UK for Christmas and are hoping to have my mum and step dad, my Dad and step mum, my brother, and hubbies mum and dad all over at my brothers house (where I used to live) for Christmas dinner. I'm not sure if my Dad will be able to eat solid food by then but I am keeping everything crossed that once he gets properly over the chest infection that he doesn't continue to go down hill at the rate he has been.
    I would really like to go over before then with Brendan if I can find a cheap enough flight but the problem is my Dad is still trying to carry on working through all of this (he runs his own business) I guess to keep some normality to his life, so I'm not sure even if I do go over I will get to see much of him! My Dad really isn't one to talk about touchy feely things at the best of times and is very much focusing on the fact he is going to get better, or at least live with the condition for a long time, which is great on one hand but on the other he needs to be a bit realistic that this may not happen and make the most out of the time he has.
    Sorry, I know this is such a depressing conversation to be having on a baby forum! xx
  • Options
    Thanks all....

Liz I hope your dad has a fabulous time. Don't worry about talking about things that are getting you down - I've unburdened myself loads of times on here - we're all here for you. I hope you can have a very special Christmas with your dad and I don't know whether this is possible (not knowing much about his condition) but ask him all the things you want to know about his life - I really wish I had asked my dad about his childhood and where he lived when he was little, and what sort of things he loved to do, so I could tell my children all about him and I never got the chance. Sending big hugs your way x

I forgot to mention - you know a couple of you had very late periods last month (or so) well its my turn now!! I'm nearly 3 weeks late! Don't think I can be pregnant though. (dr thinks its probably stress)

x

• Options
    Hi Em good to see u back. Not had to chance to get on prop this week at all but gonna have to have a good catch up this weekend. Took laptop to flat with me today n managed to pick up an internet connection so fingers crossed I may still be able to come on here lol. Have had a super stressfull week think everything that cd go wrong has done lol though after this weekend (moving in properly) should be able to relax lol. My Aunties just given us ??1000 which is a huge help. I know it's not much really but that's about4-5 months wages for me with what I'm earning at the min.

As for periods I'm the opposite only had 2 weeks btw and that's whilst bein on pill. It's so strange. Don't even have any cramps or anything which usually get for 2-3days beforhand.

Liz hope ur Dad has a lovely holiday and don't worry bout offloading on here it's what we're all here for and I think we've all done it at some point or another x