Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

going to gym!

im so fed up of being dizzy and having no energy so im off to gym today, got full membership for all services cos student offers dead cheap! im on a low resistance workout cos of anaemia and only 9 weeks post-partum but i cant wait to start shifting this extra weight! i hate my baby bulge now theres no baby in it!
hope i dont collapse lol
anyone else doing anything, someone mentioned mums of steel? any good?
also gonna start power pramming everyday lol im fed up of sitting in and im sure ryan is too!

hope youre all well xxx

Replies

• Options
    Good luck!! Your brave lol I take Holly out for about an hour a day in her pram but some days Im out longer. I haven't braved the gym yet even though thats me also 9 weeks post baby!
    Did your doc test you for anemia at your 6 week check? I was like you and anemic throughout pregnancy and after I had Holly but last time my blood was tested was when I left the hospital. I keep feeling a bit light headed and dizzy so am wondering if thats what it is.
    Good luck at the gym! Let us know how it goes.
    Amy xxx
  • Options
    Very brave and way too energetic for me! Can't wait till nice weather then I can start riding again (don't do cold or rainy now I'm no longer 9 years old!). I really should go out more with pram but not from home as going to town would be fine, it's the bloody great big hill back that would kill me!
    Enjoy the gym Holly!
  • Options
    hi amy, yeh im still anaemic from blood loss during labour but i still wont let them take my blood. they can tell by how white the inside of your bottom eyelid is and by the fact im so dizzy! and pale!
    they messed upmy arms throughout the labour and collapsed the only vein they can get to so i aint having em touch me! do u still take spatone or anything? apparantely u can get a sanatogen tonic wine which is good for iron so my mum says!
    have you started packing etc? have u found a nice place to live in spain? im excited for you!

ali- i dont do cold and wet either lol unless its the swimming pool i spose! riding sounds a good way to burn a few pounds but im not a great outdoors person myself!

quite enjoyed it, got a cheap membership as student but my mate came and we both got personal fitness plans made as we had our induction, i was impressed lol

ive got to get rid of flubber before i go to eden hall spa in may!

xxx
  • Options
    Wow holly I'm impressed! I haven't even started trying yoga yet n ever mind the gym.

Have you thought about taking some iron tablets? I found I was ok on 1 tablet a day (by ok I mean not particularly constipated and normal coloured poo -sorry..way too much info!!) - and I had my blood tested just before my 6 week check and I was back up to 12.1 from 10.1 on leaving hospital. Guinness is good for iron if you like it!!
  • Options
    Glad you had a good time at the gym, Im not brave enough yet lol Im not taking spa tone at the mo but am going to get some next week coz I feel so crap and hope that will boost me up a bit!
    Not started packing for Spain yet, the company oh will be working for are providing us with a place to live which means we can take our time finding somewhere to buy! It HAS to have a pool lol All our furniture will be going into storage for 3 months before its shipped over and I have all that sorted Im just waiting for a date now really. I think end of March start of April but oh thinks sooner than that its just a waiting game now really.
    Going to a spa sounds great, Im sure you will have an amazing time being pampered, lucky thing! I can't even have a soak in the bath without Holly screaming lol she's being awful clingy at the mo and cries her eyes out every time her dad goes near her! Guess this is the joys of teething.
    Amy xxx
  • Options
    hi kia, yeh im taking the full dose again now, 3 aday, and a senakot, seems to be kinder on the old bum!
    going gym agen this morn so oh is gonna have to get up ha im doin itout of spite cos he was playin on his xbox360 til 4 cheeky git. mwahahahaa!

amy- i hope u get a lovely pool! holly will love it bless her! im so jealous. u in a lovely sunny country, liz out in the perfect snow..bit unfair. ryan dont want his dad sumtimes either, i just tell him hes a boob man so not to worry!

xxx
  • Options
    Ive been taking Jack for at least an hours walk every day in the nice sunshine we have. Quite lucky where we live there is a canal at the bottom of our street for a good long walk and a massive park too! Also been doing the post natal part of Davinas dvd since Jack was about 4 wk but finding it quite easy so off to order her new dvd!!!
  • Options
    wat sunshine??!!wheres mine??!!
    suonds lovely hunibuni to have somewhere likethat to go. u must be fit if davina is helping u! i have the vicky binns onebut never have chance to do it at least at the gym daddy has ryan so im not distracted lol
  • Options
    Well done to all of you doing exercise.....How does anyone have the time to do it??? I can't take Bryn out for a walk from home as we live out in the country and small country roads aren't particularly safe to take a pram and a toddler (not to mention we live near a quarry and the quarry lorries thunder down the lanes - very scary!).... so I have to drive somewhere to go for a walk - which is a pain.... Also I find Ophelia gets tired and we have to walk sooooo slowly for her to keep up - its a pity a buggyboard wont fit to my pram - hey ho!...As for doing exercise Bryn hardly sleeps during the day and Ophelia has her toys all over the floor.... I think I'm trying to make excuses here!! I desperately need to do something - I'm actually gaining weight rather than losing it! If anyone has any motivation they can throw my way I'd appreciate it. Hubby has tried - he told me the other night he would like it if I could lose about 3 stone - so I told him I will if he will - he hasn't made any effort yet! Em x
  • Options
    em thats such a shame u cant go for a walk, how annoying!
    Ophelia is a beautiful name! how old is she? does she keep mummy busy or does she helpu with bryn?
    my motivation is that all my trousers are maternity ones and when they are too big for me ill allow myself to buy some new ones, i cant afford to buy them then lose weight and not fit.
    ihave to say bf does naff all for weight loss. the complete opposite. ur body stores fat just in case it needs it to make more milk...they lied to us all!!
    oohjust think of the summer, i aim to beone of those annoyingly slim new mums looking fab and might even get a spray tan for the first time! im going for a whole new look even getting my hair highlighted in april to cheer me up (blowing student grant on me this time lol)

im still going to enjoy eating as much as i want though!hehe
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Holly - Ophelia is 2 1/2 - she tries to help but shes not usually very successful! At the mo she wont let daddy do anything - its 'mummys turn' - hubby thinks its because shes trying to get her share of my time now that Bryn seems to be attached to my boobs so often! You sound like you have plenty of motivation - its monday tomorrow so obviously I'll have to start my diet then! Its just a pity I have to keep yummy food in for Tristan - my 16 year old - otherwise he might become too much of a grumpy teen - that isn't good! I think its going to take a long time before I'm one of those annoyingly slim mums - when/if it happens I'm not going to be a new mum anymore thats for sure! x
  • Options
    I've been having physio for a knee injury that since having Philip she has made more physical for me, i'm so tired after half an hour with her i don't think i could handle the gym!! 4mins on bike, 2 mins on stepper, 5 mins marching on trampet and 2 sets of 10reps on a weight machine and i'm done!

I did take dog for a walk 4nights last week while dh laid on floor chatting with Philip which i have promised her i will do again this week, each time we go a little bit further, looking forward to the 4 mile walks we used to do every night, but the dog is almost as unfit as me at the moment!

Holly is right about them lying to us, i haven't lost any weight since 3wks after the birth, but could that have something to do with either not eating at all or eating crisps & chocolate cos that was all i could grab on the run?!
  • Options
    I have not lost any weight either despite pushing Marcus in his pram for at least 1 hour a day to get him to sleep during the day. My arm muscles are getting bigger though from lifting him as he is just piling on the weight he is now 10lb 5oz he he keeps going my arms muscles will be like a Russian shot putter!

not going to the gym or for a swim till my 6 week check next week. I cant wait for a swim or if truth be know to go into the jacuzzi at the gym!

jillycat
  • Options
    lol jillycat at least it keeps bingo wings at bay !! mine r quite happy to stay flabby no matter how much swinging and dancing poor ryan around! ooh id love to go in sauna and jacuzzi but not allowed yet..spoil sports, ill get out b4 i faint obviously
  • Options
    i had my induction saturday as u no, i have been doing an hour every day alternating between cardio and weights each time. i have lost an inch everywhere! 2inches on my hips woo!

also lost at least 4lb cant believe it!
    and im still eating as much as i want and what i want!
    justwanted to share my excitement!!!!!!!!!!
    xx
  • Options
    Fab news Holly! Wish I could lose that....but I'm doing bugger all! I'm down to pre-pg weight just not pre-pg shape! Want to look good for Gracie's christening in May!
  • Options
    Wow thats great chick! Well done, you should be very proud of yourself!! Keep up the good work.

Ali Im the same lol mind you I am watching what I eat but still not loosing weight!