Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Full fat or ss milk?

I've actually started using ss milk for zachariah on his cereal as I keep throwing bottles of milk away otherwise as personally I hate ff milk. I think it's probably ok as he still gets at least the 500ml of toddler milk a day too plus yoghurts, cheese etc but I just wondered if I was the only naughty mum and what you thought about it?

Replies

• Options
    we use ff milk so give elijah it too, but dont think ss will hurt as we often give him that if we run out of ff and even have given skimmed when @ my mums. Esp if hes having other dairy products too image x
  • Options
    We use FF - He has 2 bottles a day and it in cearl and mashed potato
  • Options
    We use FF and have SS in for us, although we do usually pinch the FF for cereal as it is so nice and creamy! I'm not 100% sure why they say it is better but from what I have read the recommend FF up to around age 2 and then switch to SS. I suppose it is something to do with the amount they are growing and using the calories.

I wouldn't worry too much though if he is getting plenty of other dairy. I give Bren SS if we have run out of FF xx
  • Options
    we use ff too as ryan will only take his milk first thing and then on breaky so just means hegets more goodness! i did buy ss for us but just use the ff now x