Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The good life!

I think I am turning into barbara!!! :lol:

We have runner beans, broad beans, potatoes, tomatos, strawberries, baby sweetcorn, courgette, lettuce, cucumber, peas, carrots, radish, spinach ALL growing in pots round our garden! image Everythign is doing REALLY well so far and when we grew things last year I loved it - I am very sad and get excieted when I see the little shoots coming and then again when they get first flowers and again at first fruits etc etc.

It does save us money and I think it is great for Max to see thing sgrowing and know where thigns come from but at the moment he is more interested in trying to dig in all my pots :evil: !!!! :lol:

[Modified by: Craftycharli on 25 May 2009 21:50:08 ]

Replies

• Options
    lol! Funny you should post this as my hubby has been nicknamed 'Good life' at work as he is always going on about his small holding plans!
    We have an orchard with a load of apple trees, a pear tree, a few redcurrant bushes,and he has just finished rptavating an area for veg. I got a couple of raspberry canes at the weekend too. It is so nice growing your own stuff and very good way to save money like you say!

We actually have a shed from the last guy that lived here that is all set up for chickens and pigs! Hubby is very keen on getting both but I've told him we can wait a few years until the kids are old enough to help out!!

Plus he has booked himself onto a hunting course in August so he can get his hunting license and go hunting with a friend for deer. Could save us a fortune on meat if he is any good!! xx
  • Options
    ooo my hubby loves all this had a veg plot last few years but not this year as started changing garden but ran out of money!!!! think next year fin will love being out helping a bit though x
  • Options
    Cool! Would love to have the garden space to do it, but kids toys rule atm! Oh, and my washing line (as moaned hubby on Sun) when he wanted to mow the lawn lol.
  • Options
    I'd love to grow my own veg n stuff but everything always dies ha ha, plus the dog wd prob dig it all up and we maybe moving next month so not worth even starting to think about the garden at the minute lol
  • Options
    sounds wonderful x
  • Options
    Sounds fab! Deffo know who to go to if we need any tips lol