Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lo's new Teeth! How can I make sure I'm cleaning them well?

Has anyone else's Lo got teeth yet? Maddy got her first one on the 12th and I nearly poo'd a brick when I spotted a second one 4 days later!image
She's gone all rosy cheeked and dribbly again the last 2 days so I'm wondering if No.3 is going to make an appearance soon?
I have been doing my best to brush them twice a day but, she's got wise to it and started bushing the brush out with her tongue so, I give her the brush to chew on. Has anyone got any tips on how I can clean them without too much fuss, please?

Replies

• Options
    I think giving her the brush to chew on would give them a good enough clean! What toothpaste are you using? Gracie's a only about 1mm long out of the gum and bad mummy hasn't started cleaning them yet! Got her a brush, just need some paste for bubs.
  • Options
    I brush jacks in the bath at night he opens his mouth when he sees the brush and i sing a little song while i do it. I use some milk teeth toothpaste from colgate i think. Got it at asda xxx
  • Options
    I use that Milk Teeth stuff too, got that and the brush free in one of my Bounty Packs so I thought 'That'll do!!'
    Maddy has started to be a madam if I try to put anything in her mouth she doesn't think is food. Tried to give her some medised in a syringe yesterday and she pursed her lips and gums together so hard I couldn't even get the tip of the syring in!! Lol
    I guess now they're getting older they start trying to assert some of their own independance and authority
  • Options
    We have no teeth yet, but the tooth ppl were at the parent n baby group last week. We were told to use normal adult toothpaste as we have no fluride in our water. Baby toothpaste doesn't have it in so they said to use normal toothpaste. Also got a free toothbrush from them for him, all we need now are some teeth ha ha
  • Options
    Holly hasnt any teeth yet but when at 6 month check HV told me to use adult toothpaste as baby stuff hasnt enough fluride in it. Im loving all the pics by the way xxx
  • Options
    Is there no fluoride in any of the water or is it certain areas? I've always thought we had it added to the water round here... not sure now!! Lol
    I'm loving all the pics too! It's great seeing lot's of Lo's growing up. I've got an account with snapfish and have almost 400 pics of Maddy in that album, and another 200 on an album my Mum has with them.
    My BIL was mucking about with this computer a couple of months ago and managed to wipe everything. I was gutted as it was the only place I had stored them and I thought they were lost forever. Luckily a computer boff mate came round and managed to get them back. Made me wary though so I opened an account with Snapfish and got a memory stick to make backups!!
  • Options
    Only certain areas don't have it as some places naturally have it n others have it added, so u prob do d1ydiva. I have a snapfish account too so finally have real pics to put in my baby photo album. Only had it 6 months n still no pics in it lol.
  • Options
    i've got snapfish account with 3 albums all of Fin... also just signed up to photobox to get the freebie photos...40 free!!! also if you refer a friend on snapfish and photobox you get credits put on your account ive just refered 2 friends on sf so got another 40 free... also if your oh has email account or mum etc... refer to them then get them to join and get all the freebies................... god im naughty but last month i spent ??12 on photos in boots and with this spend nothing bar 99p postage!

xx
  • Options
    Yeah I just do all free ones too it great. Saves a fortune n I made every1 sighn up for them too so I could keep gettin free pics. Not done photobox will have to try that 1 lol
  • Options
    Lol... Glad I'm not the only one that's done that to get the free pics!! I still have 80 prints to use.. Better get the camera out!