Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

After Easter ass kicking thread - week 3

Ok.. week 3..

I'm gonna keep up with the walking each day and the excercise.
Start trying situps again as my tummy ache has gone away.
No snacking in the morning
This week I'll try no snacking in the evening - pudding after tea is ok so long as its mostly stuff like yoghurt - although tomorrow I'm allowed icecream cause I'm going to my cousins for tea.
Afternoon snacking needs to be cut down.
I'm also gonna try and do something a bit more energetic when Cole sleeps - not sure what but I'll maybe try doing some step ups on my stairs providing my knee stays reasonably ok - got a physio appointment next friday for the knee though!

I'm not doing too badly overall on the goals, except for this week when I've eaten almost 2 easter eggs!!! If I finish my last egg today though then at least its gone!!

Replies

• Options
    i have a great one this week...i type this as i scoff my easter eggs down so theyre all gone...
    if i dont eat any choc for a week mark will give me 20quid, if i dont eat any for a whole month he will give me 100quid. lol stupid cos its OUR money but its a silly incentive and i probably eat that much in choc anyway haha

oh and kia i took ur idea..kind of...similar, im not doing a mural but i have drawn a train with ryans name on in his room and im gonna paint it, cant wait so that will keep me out the kitchen..which is hard when downstairs is bloody open plan!

cole is gorg by the way!

well done katie, wish i could 30 lengths. thats a brill weight loss

xxx
  • Options
    Well done on the weight loss katie!

Thanks Holly... I thought itw as time for a new pic image You'll have to post a picture of Ryan's train! It will keep you busy.... I know I'm better not snacking when I have specific stuff to keep me occupied. If the incentive works then its a good one!
  • Options
    Well done Katie!
    Keep up the no choc Holly!
    Cole's looking like a proper lil boy now! Not that he looked like a girl b4...lol...he looks more grown up and a cutie pie! What does his top say?

Just had a tiramisu as no Easter eggs for me, just the boys and they know if i pinch!
    Will def try to do dvd
    Eat fruit n veg like this week
    Walk when weather's ok

After a naughty easter, let's get back at it girls!
    x
  • Options
    I still have 2 Easter eggs left - which is typical as normally no one buys me an egg and this year I've had 3!! I did go for a long walk by the beach yesterday - it was blimmin freezing!! - but I did feel good afterwards - until we had a takeaway in the evening - oops!

My MIL is coming to stay in 4 weeks so thats my motivation to lose a bit of weight (she's always been slim and I always feel like a complete frump next to her)

This week I've planned meals for each evening that are healthy - so I have to stick to that on not be tempted by a curry on thursday night.
    I'm going to get out and walk everyday
    I'm not going to scoff a whole egg while hubby is at work and what there is I will share with the whole family
    I'm going to try and think more positively
    I'm going to try and stay out of the kitchen which is difficult as like Holly our living space is all open plan.....
    and I will eat the fruit in the fruit bowl rather than just giving it all to Ophelia!

Good luck everyone - you all seem to be doing so well - I haven't lost a pound since I was ill - infact I put 2lb back on - hey ho its a new week and this week I really am going to try to cut back on my food intake and keep to my targets.

Em x
  • Options
    Well done everyone, keep up the good work!

Good news for me, lost another 3lbs in the last week, despite a naughty easter! So thats 6lbs in 2 weeks.

So as it's going so well for me, I'm planning on doing pretty much the same this week:
    Try and walk for an hour at least 3 times a week
    Do exercise DVD at least once
    No chocs or crisps
    3 meals a day
    Alcohol only on Fri and Sat nights

I'm loving this thread, as believe it or not, it's getting me motivated to know we're all doing the same thing!!
  • Options
    Well, after my trip to the UK I daren't get on the scales!!!!!

I have eaten Fish and chips, chocolate, chocolate cake, crispy duck and pancakes, hot cross buns with lots of butter, big Sunday roast dinner ... hmmmm...the list could go on!!!
    I had such good intentions but after missing out on all the food I miss for 6 months I just couldn't help myself!

Got back to Norway to loads more snow too which makes going out with the Pram harder, although I have brought Brendans wetsuit and baby float back with me so my oh and I can start taking him swimming (as long as my swimming costume fits lol) so that should help a bit!

Just glad I couldn't get any easter eggs in my luggage! =)

xx
  • Options
    hi Liz hope you had a nice time. I just read about your terrible airport experience on other site. Sounds awful.

I havent had any easter eggs i let oh eat them instead been for nice walks and done dvd twice! Can now get into my fave size 10 jeans which were a bit snug two weeks ago!!

Jack got his second lot of injections today Boo Hoo. Plus hes teething so grumpy anyway. I am in for a good day xxxx
  • Options
    Had a great time other than the airport experience on the way back! Was actually sad to leave for the first time since we moved out here, but think part of that was having my mum pamper me and seeing her enjoy having Bren around so much. The Christening went really well too and he didn't cry which I was very surprised about! He seems to have changed so much in the week we were there, nearly 12 weeks old now!

You have been very good! My size 10 jeans are still a bit too snug so I am wearing maternity jeans with a belt lol!

Hope Jack is ok and your day goes better than expected, Brendan has his first jabs a week on Monday and I am not looking forward to it! xx
  • Options
    Hmmmmm, Easter not so good, put on 1lb - i'll be back next week, lol.

Shell
  • Options
    Hi Liz - glad you had a good time apart from the awkward gits at the airport! How was Helmshore etc??!!
    Bet Brendan's christening was a lovely day and that he looked proper cute!
  • Options
    Helmshore was good thanks, managed to go to the big Tesco to stock up on teething stuff and cheap baby clothes! Visited my ohs Auntie in Hapton to give Brendan his bath one evening as my MIL boiler went on the blink! Even got as far as the glamorous Blackburn to get some paint so my oh could paint his mums front and back door!
    Have you had any snow in Burnley? x
  • Options
    I think my goals for this week are the same as last week as failed miserably as there is way to many Easter eggs in the house.
    To walk for an hour a day
    have my 5 a day
    to do 40 sit ups a day
    Only one treat a day eg pudding or chocolate egg.

Liz- I am glad you enjoyed your trip home and the christening went well

kia I love your new pic of Cole
  • Options
    Liz am glad you had a good time back home. Well done to all the loosers, I daren't get on the scales lol I was eating an easter egg at 8am the other morning eeeeekkk!!

This week I plan to walk for an hour a day, bin the chocolate thats left in the flat! Im going to try and not have a glass of wine every night but we are going down to ohs parents at the weekend and then over to Ireland next week and I just know Im going to fail lol

Liz was Brendan good on the plane? Did you just take his car seat with you? Oh has been offered a job in Dublin so we are off there house hunting next week but was wondering if you can take carseat on the plane with you.
  • Options
    Yes Amy, you can take car seats and we've never been charged extra but just check! Have a great time in Ireland! Is this instead of Spain?
    Liz - we had quite a bit of snow which lasted on the moors but melted pretty quickly at home - boo!
    Blackburn eh? You did do the sightseeing justice then!!! Highlight of the week no doubt lol.
  • Options
    Yea Ali oh got offered a better job in working for Ryan air so don't think they will charge us baggage lol I have soooo much to organise and sort out like finding us a house!! Im hoping the stress will mean I shed pounds lololol
  • Options
    Cheap flts eh?! Sounds very exciting! Stress= choccy session for me! x
  • Options
    Had a very stressful day yesterday - started after a bad night with Bryn who has a cough, carried on with Fee being a terrible two, went on to leaving my shopping in Tesco (half my shopping stayed at the checkout - I forgot to check she had put everything through and both kids were complaining - I'm surprised the woman behind me didn't say anything) I only realised when I got home so I'll have to go shopping again, then finally my sister has been called back into hospital this week after something showed up on her mamogram (sp?) so obviously I'm worried about her - just hope its nothing serious..... so when I got home I scoffed a huge bar of galaxy that had come with one of the eggs - it was stupid cos it didn't make me feel any better! Stress doesn't help me to lose weight!!

Good luck Amy - hope it isn't too stressful
    Liz - Pleased you had a brill time back here

x
  • Options
    Amy - we flew Ryanair and could have taken the pushchair for free but didn't think we would need it so just took the car seat. We were allowed to take this through with us and as we were boarding they took it of us and loaded it onto the plane. Although they did say that if the plane wasn't full the air stewards may have room to put it somewhere. It was waiting for us next to the plane when we arrived at Liverpool but it went with the rest of the luggage at Oslo Torp as it was snowing so heavily outside! We took a large clear plastic (bin bag size) bag to put it in so it wouldn't get dirty.
    We also took the baby bjorn and it worked really well, didn't need the pushchair although it would have been very easy to take it I think as you could load that onto the plane the same way.
    We paid for an extra item of child equipment when we booked as I didn't want to risk them charging us when we arrived. Think it was only ??5 though.

I need to move the big bar of chocolate that is sitting next to me as it keeps calling my name. My hubby agreed last night that we both have to start eating more healthily so our plan for next week is to sit down on Saturday before we go and do the food shop and work out what healthy meals we are going to have each night and then only buy the stuff we need for that.

Have to see if it works!!

Hope you are having a better day Ema, don't blame you for scoffing the galaxy choc, I am the same if I have had a bad day. But you are right it doesn't make you feel better.

Still snowing here so no pram walking for me! xx
  • Options
    Well I lost 2lbs again this week so only have another 10lbs to go, but it wasn't because of any hard work on my part. Had mastitus with bad flu type symtomns, so I wasn't eating that much for 3/4 days plus I think I lost lot in fluids. And I'm a little worrid I'm going to put on this week as I have eaten SO much chocy over the weekend and there's still piles of it in the kitchen looking at me every time I go in there!!!

But the best things that have happened this week are; I have 6 stretch marks on my lower belly and these seem to be finally fading. And I can now get into my old jeans AND do up the botton (Massive muffin top and can't actually sit down but I still feel this is a huge step forward).

El x
  • Options
    Well done El on loosing 2lbs! Are you feeling any better now? I hope thats you well on the mend image

I have had a shockingly bad day! I went over to see my nan and ended up eating a cake! Then after dinner (healthy baked tattie and cottage cheese) I wolfed down a mars bar
    image I did walk for 3 hours today though.

Liz we have decided not to take a buggy or carseat with us, Ive ordered a sling and hired a car with a rear facing car seat in it and even better than that our hotel will supply the travel cot! I have no idea what I'll do if its the wrong car seat ect, I did say 4 times to the bloke I spoke to what we needed.