Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oh dear!

Well I think our neighbours have probably had a good laugh at me recently.... so I thought you might as well have a giggle at my expense (this comes under the catagory of talking nonsense to keep the forum going!!)

Last week Dave came home for a long lunch (but not of the food variety if you see what I mean! image sorry possibly tmi) and as he was leaving I jokingly said 'same time next week? - and I'll even give you a discount because you're such a good customer'... I didn't see the neighbourhood gossip walking his dogs :roll: - he looked at me and looked at dave and walked off quite quickly! Then on wednesday I had to move my car so the delivery driver could get the gas bottles through the gate so I shoved my hiking boots on but didn't tie the laces - I slammed the front door went to run for my car (as it was raining) but i'd shut my lace in the door and I went flying!! I felt such a fool!!

I'm pretty sure there's other stuff I've done too but I think that's enough for now!! :\)

Replies

• Options
    lol Em, you floozy, don't let the hubby find out!!!
    That is so something I would do...the boot lace thing, not the 'long lunch' ha ha.
    Loving the nonsense thread, think we all need to spill our beans as n when funny things happen, not only to keep the forum alive, but to give everyone a laugh!
  • Options
    hahahaha how funny Em xxx
  • Options
    hahahaha how funny Em xxx
  • Options
    Glad to oblige Ali!! Floozy?? Me?? I wish I had the energy! lol..... Dave and I had been going through a real rough patch when we both thought about walking out but we decided to make an effort to have more time for ourselves and stick together - it seems to be working - things are still very tough financially but at least Dave is actually talking to me about it now..... sorry that's probably a bit too serious for this thread!! lol

Come on everyone else - I can't be the only one to make a prat out of themselves recently!! Or am I the only one to admit to it!? hehe
  • Options
    Ah im really pleased for you that things are working themselves out & you are talking with Dave more hun, sounds good. We are going through bad times but i dont know where to tell you all, i dont trust the internet image
    P.s I constantly make myself look like an idiot, like refusing to let a male neigbour help me down the steps to my flat with lije, buggy, bags, boxes, making 3 trips and just looked like a total prat because i cant accept help lol x
  • Options
    ha ha - thats funny. have you heard any rumours going round the village about you yet!? its probably completely distorted by now - how funny!
    thats good you and dave are getting on so well me and my dave were really starting to get back on track and then had a major falling out on new years so its been about 10 steps backwards but i think we're getting there again now! this random topic is so much better than my random topic! anything to keep the forum going eh Emma!
    Bluey are you on the facebook dec 07 group? its private - only us on there so you can tell us whatever you like!!! I will go check now and see if you are!!

[Modified by: julesy on February 23, 2010 07:19 AM]

• Options
    LOL Em. Can't think of anything particulary funny at the mo. Just lots of things stressing me out - but again where to start!

When I first read your post I thought blimy!!! This doesn't add up with what I've heard. Good for you. It really is true communication is the key, you have to sit down, sort out your priorities and find ways to help each other.

Be careful your #1 crush Matthew Wright trowls through these types of sites all the time for topics. You could be on it!
  • Options
    Jules - No rumours..... that I know of! Hope you and Dave are ok - been a stressful time for you with the house snd everything.

Ru - I find it difficult to accept help too - stupid isn't it?! If you want to have a real good moan bout everything then drop me a line - think you have my address now. Not sure I'll have any words of wisdom for you but sometimes it's just good to write it all down.

Lol El - I wouldn't exactly call him a crush! Think he sticks to mumsnet - well here's hoping anyway! Maybe you should have a 'rant thread' it'll probably do you good to vent it all.

Things still not 100% between Dave and I, and since having the mirena coil fitted i've been having major mood swings which isn't helping - going to talk to the nurse about it next week when i get it checked - the last thing I need is to be an emotional wreck again!!

It appears I'm the only one making a fool out of myself and willing to admit it then! hehe xx