Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not my usual baby girl

Phoebe had her injections yesterday and hasn't been herself since. She did nothing but cry from the moment we got home to the moment we put her in her cot. She slept all night thank god and i hoped she would be back to her smiley sleepy self again today but afraid not. Also me and oh are pretty sure she is teething already. Tons of drool, sucking her hand even though she has just been fed, random crying when asleep beforehand and flushed cheeks. The hv said she might have a fever coz she has a nasty cold again which seemed to appear out of no-where. I don't no what to do but cuddle her which only seems to calm her for about half an hour or so. She has been sleeping through the night for about two weeks now and in her own room which me and hubby are really pleased about but now I'm afraid she is going to go back to square one again. I don't know if its the jabs, the teething or a fever that upsetting her and all i want to do is make her feel better again.:\(:\?

Replies

• Options
    Aww, it's horrible isn't it? Are you giving her calpol? My doc won't give Gracie her jabs whilst she's poorly so it's probably zapped her more than if she was fully well. I'm sure she'll be back to her old self soon. x
  • Options
    Paige had her injections yesterday too and she has been mostly OK since i gave her some paracetamol. She had been really kind of drowsy all day so i put her in to bed at about 6.30pm and i must say i panicked a little when she only woke up this morning at 6.50am (very sore boobs today, lol).

She's still a little bit grizzly today so i guess it's just lots of cuddles.

Shell & Paige
  • Options
    Hows Phoebe doing today hun? Hope she is ok and feeling more like her normal self!
    Amy xxx
  • Options
    Aw poor babies..hope both your lo's are doing better today
  • Options
    12 hours! Bring on the jabs (cruel mummy!).
    Hope the little ladies are feeling better, cuddles all round! x
  • Options
    Hi... Bryn had his jabs this morning and he hasn't let me put him down since (well apart from when I drove home from the doctors - and then he just cried all the way home).. Just given him some calpol so I'm hoping he's going to get a bit better - but he is a man in training so hes bound to be more whingy than a girl!!! lol

Hope all the other lo's are feeling lots better today x
  • Options
    Phoebe still isn't any better. yesterday she screamed for an hour and a half solid and is currently doing the same now. me and oh are at our wits end. she doesn't have a temperature and is still sleeping through the night when she does finally drop off. i thought calpol was from three months onwards so we haven't tried that yet as im not sure of the doesage. phoebe is only nine weeks.
  • Options
    No, calpol is safe from 8wk/2 month. I checked with my doc last week and it also says it on the bottle. 2.5ml every 4-6 hours is the dose so give it a go to see if that helps her. I'd take her to the docs as Gracie's cold turned into an infection which she needed anti bios for too.
    Hope she's better soon x
  • Options
    Cole has his injections next week.. I'm dreading it..but at least he'll be 8 weeks old so can have calpol. Oh and hubby is off work too so he can come with me .. I'm sur eI'll be more upset than Cole!
  • Options
    Hi - yeah they changed the age on calpol - it used to be 3 months but thats no use when they get their jabs at 2 months! so thats why they changed it. My lo was exact opposite - he normally whingy little monster - very sensitive, but after jabs we gave him calpol and he happier than ever! I worried a bit after that because he had such a bruised head when he came out so fast and bruised eyes that I think maybe he still affected and the calpol helped him..!?
    Did Pheobe get better ok? They sometimes peak with being colicky or whatever at that age anyway so that may have coincided with the timing of the jabs? She must be due her next set about now? Good luck - hope she reacts better to these - at least you know she'll be protected from all those nasties.
  • Options
    Your right julesy phoebe had her next set yesterday and i was absolutely dreading it! Turned out last time had nothing to do with her jabs but the fact that we had changed her formula and it gave her an upset stomach. The Aptimel took about a week to bung her up which is when we first started to realise that maybe it was something else other than the injections that was upsetting her. After about a week of going back on the cow&Gate she was pooing like a trooper and much happier. The nurse was by herself so had to give her one jab after the other as apposed to both at the same time. It was awful for me (cried again!) but after a few seconds phoebe stopped crying. By the time we got home she fell asleep as we had disturbed her nap time to take her to the doctors. By the evening she was smiling and laughing like her usual self. I'm so relieved - for now, as next month it's three!!!!
  • Options
    Really pleased Phoebe is ok... Bryn has his second lot of jabs next weds... can't say I'm looking forward to it but I've got the calpol on standby! x
  • Options
    Thank goodness you were able to work out what it was and how to help her - there's nothing worse than not having a clue and not been able to help when they're so distressed. Glad her jabs yesterday went ok too. xx