Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this helpful to you?

Hi.... I was looking at a post yesterday in the pnd forum and one of the women on there had listed the symptoms of pnd. Its the first time that I've actually thought 'yep thats what I'm going through'. I've done the tests but I was trying to explain to my oh how I actually felt. The trouble is I'm having difficulty in expressing myself vocally (can just about focus enough to type but it hard going). I'm also finding it hard to understand people and I'm taking everything personally. To cut a long story short (probably a bit late for that! lol) the people around me are finding it difficult to comprehend how I'm feeling and what I'm going through - which is putting a strain on family life. KThom66 put it really elequently so I thought I would pass the list on to you - just in case any of you are having the same difficulty in trying to make people understand how you feel..... So here goes...

Having good days and bad but feeling sad more often than not
sleeplessness
lack of concentration
paranoia
feeling sad, lonely, unloved, scared,worthless
guilt
weepy

Apart from the unloved bit, its me to a T. I sat oh down and went through the list with him - I'm going to do the same with Tristan because although I don't want him to worry I don't want him to think I'm a moron either (probably a bit late for that too! lol)

Sorry for the ramble but I thought it could be of help to someone.

Big hugs to everyone.

Emma xx

Replies

• Options
    Em,
    That sounds like a lot of unhappy feelings to be feeling at any one time, it must be so horrible for you. I think you going through the list with Tristan is a good idea to help him understand the symptons and help you through it too. He'll still love you no matter what but as he's older than Fee and Bryn he's the one who'll notice a difference perhaps.
    Did the docs give you a list? Shows how helpful this site is on a more serious note, doesn't it?
    Are you having any 'me time' at all? I know how hard it is with 3 but a little bit of time to do simple things like read a book, have a bath, treating yourself to something like a manicure may help to pep you up a bit? Not sure, as not had pnd, just the odd stress at hubby lol.
    You know we're always on here for a natter.
    Hugs flying down to you!
  • Options
    Emma, really nice of you to think of others and putting this list up when by the sounds of it you are really going through it yourself. Wish I had a magic wand and could make it all ok for you, but hopefully your husband now understands a little better and as Ali says I am sure Tristan will appreciate you explaining it to him and certainly not love you any less for it.

Really hope you get through this soon, there is a light at the end of the tunnel now you are starting to get the help and support you need.
    Hugs from me and Bren xx
  • Options
    What a lovely idea emma.

Bringing this to peoples attention will probably help someone else. Depression is an awful thing to suffer from (my mum has long term depression).

Im glad youve got the help you need and i hope you start feeling a bit better soon

Love and hugs