Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teethers

I know some of you have the TT gummies so i got some last week. Do your los have them in like a dummy or do you have to hold it in?? Not sure, but Gracie thinks it's a dummy but licks it, rather than biting it! Got her the learning curve beads earlier and she's doing the same - getting her tongue in the way of her bottom gum. Neither boys likeed teethers in their mouth so not sure when they take to them?
x
PS - she likes the beads as can hold them in her hand easily so half the battle won!

Replies

• Options
    Cole just sucked on his and then looked at me like he was saying 'where is the milk!' Don't think it did anything for him.

The one I have has a hole in the middle so it looks like it can be held by the lo.

Boots have (saw it in catalogue) teething blankets - they have some kind of chewable corners - can't remember much more than that and the catalogue is outside in the recycling box now so can't go check.

What are these bead things?
  • Options
    The beads are hard plastic curved things about an inch long and about 1cm wide on a rubbery thread....all bright colours and one fits in the mouth to chomp on while they hold the rest. Sounds delightful, chomping on a bit of hard plastic but i know of 2 babies who love them. Got em in tesco....less than ??3.....good job really as i have to get some more. Darling hubby put them in the steriliser last night, which you can't do, and now they are warped and shrunken. Oops!
    Blankets sound good..will look online.
  • Options
    Sounds like a trip to tescos for us then.. especially as the only thing so far that Cole has gone to grab on his own was my friends bracelet that had big chunky beads on!
  • Options
    Blanket teether from boots was about ??4 i think, bought one yesterday for Philip as he loves shoving muslin in his mouth!! It's currently in the washing machine so don't know if it's any good yet.

Will have to look in Tesco tomorrow for beads, even though we have a Tesco Extra here the baby selection is pretty poor, although i have to go and look at photo's from our photoshoot next week and there is a huge Tesco Extra in Solihull which has a HUGE baby seletion (and clothes for me!!)
  • Options
    I never thought of that Obi - Cole likes to stick his muslim in his mouth so the blanket one may well be worth a buy. I got distracted by buying weaning stuff in boots when i was looking at teethers!!

We can go to tescos next week - the big one is about a 15 min drive away, but hubby is off work next week so plenty of time.. oh and clothes for us mums is good too image
  • Options
    I'm gonna look in boots today cos Gracie's sat here now shoving her muslin in her mouth!
    our tesco's just been extended to an extra one and has a huge baby section, new pharmacy, huge clothes section and more! Oh to be so excited about a bloody supermarket!
  • Options
    Kia I got some tommee tippee weaning pots brand new off ebay 8 pots with lids for ??3.99 delivered where as they are ??3.99 for 4 in boots. Might be worth a look.
    The only thing Holly is interested in putting in her mouth is her hands! She has lost interest in her gummie but I bought her a rattle that has what looks like loads of plastic straws bent around it and it can be used as a teether as well. She has been reaching and trying to grab it and will put it to her mouth so fingers crossed she has found something to bite on other than my nipple!!! lol