Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hubby in hospital - he's home!

:cry:
Chez's had the flu since last Sat and had bad pain between his eyes, which moved more to his right eye and increasingly worse over Christmas. It got so unbearable during yesterday early morn that he had to drive himself to Urgent Care in Burnley (major controversy as our A&E was shut down and we have to go to Blackburn now) at 5am. He had a bad reaction to the drugs given and was in agony with his stomach. I met him there at 8am and he was taken to B/burn hosp....where we waited 4 hours in A&E waiting for a bed on the Assessment Unit, all the while he's in pain and wasn't seen by a doc. Once on the MAU, it took another 1.5hr to get him a pillow and by the time I left at 6pm (4.5hr later) he still had no blankets!
Anyway, it looks like he's got severe sinusitis which may have caused an abcess and is on morphine for the pain. I really hope the anti-bios kick in so he can come home today. I'm at my mum n dad's so at least have the internet! And I will be there tomorrow come what may, but may have to leave at 2pm ish, depending whether he's still in hosp or not.
Hope you're all well....and if you get sinus pain at all, go to the docs, as this is awful. x

[Modified by: alioli on 30 December 2008 15:47:45 ]

Replies

• Options
    Oh crikey Ali - just asked you what was wrong on fb - should have checked here first! - You hear about how bad the nhs is but you hope that you won't have to experience it. I always get sinus pain checked out as my ex had much the same thing as Chez. - not nice at all.

I hope you have a healthier 2009 - think you've had enough bad luck as far as health goes!

Big hugs - and possibly a very large glass of something mildly alcoholic!! xxx
  • Options
    oh my word, i hope he gets well and home soon for you all.
    xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hope the biotics kick in and the morphine helps the pain, fingers crossed he has been well enough to come home.

Our local A&E was shut a few years ago now and we have to go 18miles to the nearest unit and then usually have god awful waits too, can't believe how crap the NHS has become, it's the nurses i feel sorry for, they spend more and more time on paperwork than they do on patient care and there is never enough of them to go round.

Really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

• Options
    Hope the biotics kick in and the morphine helps the pain, fingers crossed he has been well enough to come home.

Our local A&E was shut a few years ago now and we have to go 18miles to the nearest unit and then usually have god awful waits too, can't believe how crap the NHS has become, it's the nurses i feel sorry for, they spend more and more time on paperwork than they do on patient care and there is never enough of them to go round.

Really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

• Options
    Hope that everything is ok and that he's home and recovering!
  • Options
    Hope he's getting better now. Can't believe he didn't even get a blanket! Thats appaling!

Hope you are all fit and well for the new year
    xx
  • Options
    hope hes ok now Ali take care big hugs to you all xxxx
  • Options
    I can't believe I missed this post!! OMG that treatment is awful!! I really hope the antibiotics have kicked in and that you have hubby at home with you now!! Fingers crossed 200 is healthier for you all xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your messages ladies! As those at the meet up yesterday know, he came home yesterday, yay!
  • Options
    I haven't been on for a few days but I'm so sorry to hear he's been so poorly. thats the last thing you need! bless him having to drive all that way. we have 2 a&e's that are equal distance from us but both are the best part of an hour to get to.
    even the out of hours doctor is about half an hour drive.
    I'm so glad he's home safe and sound. you haven't had a lot of luck with family holiday time this year have you! hopefully 2009 will be a better year!
    jules x
  • Options
    oh god would never of thought that could happen so glad he's better! xxx
  • Options
    Hope he's settling down with a nice pillow AND a duvet on a nice comfy sofa or bed.... Beats him being in the corridor like he was when he was waiting to come out!! Bloody NHS Grrrrrr!! XXX
  • Options
    Ow! Glad he's back home and hope he feels better asap!!!!
  • Options
    oh dear..... well at least he is home where he should be! xx