Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jacob

Hi,

I can't believe it but Jacob will be a year old on Friday!!! image
Where has the time gone?! It made me realise as well that Brendan will be 3 on his next birthday image You'd have thought I would have worked that out on his last birthday wouldn't you lol!! Can't believe that by January I will be Mummy to a 3 year old and a 1 and a half year old - yikes!!

Jacob is doing really well, not walking yet but he has taken a couple of steps and if he had the confidence to just go for it I think he would have been walking weeks ago. He can climb up onto the sofa, climbs and stands on Brendans chair (very scary!!) and even climbs onto Brendans wooden trike and pushes it along with his feet!

I've bought him a few bits and pieces for his birthday (mainly books as they have so many little toys) but then we have got them a John Deere ride on Tractor and trailer. Jacob is of course a bit young but I thought it was better to get something I knew they would get far more use out of. Plus the way he is going I can see it won't be long before he is happily riding along in the trailer as Brendan drives it along! :lol:
We're having a party on Saturday for him, a bbq with a few friends which should be good. I'm going to attempt to make him a car cake - I've got a proper mould for the cake but I've not used it before so I'm a bit paranoid about it not coming out of the tin! image

I hope everyone else and all the los are doing well. xx

Replies

• Options
    OH MY GOD - I actually gasped out loud when I read that - where the hell has that year gone!!!!!

I hope he has a fab birthday! image
  • Options
    No way, a year already, omg! It's flown by! Also can't believe that Philip is nearly 3 and in January will be starting at the school nursery - so scary!

The cake will be fine, have faith! x
  • Options
    Crikey that has gone quickly - Like Helen said I'm sure the cake will be fine... Time really does by fly by when you have children - in 18 months time I will have a 20 year old son - that is truly scary!!

Hope Jacob has a wonderful birthday xx
  • Options
    Gosh that's flown!!!! Alfie's 14 weeks now and can't believe how quickly that's gone either!
  • Options
    Happy 1st birthday, wow, how exciting is that! X
  • Options
    Well, the car cake is made. Not too bad, didn't help that Brendan woke up when I was half way through coating it with melted chocolate shouting me to take him to the toilet!
    xxx
  • Options
    Hope Jacob has had a lovely day so far Liz, cannot believe he is 1! Bless him. Well done with the cake too, very brave! xxx
  • Options
    Wow I can't believe its been a year already!! Your cake sound fab, you will have to put pics on facebook for us all to see xxx
  • Options
    Thank you! Yep will put some photos on fb, just have to find my camera charger - or work out where Brendan has hidden it lol!
    Had a lovely day with him today, party time tomorrow so I better go and clean the house now. Hubby was supposed to be helping but typically he is asleep on the sofa! xx
  • Options
    time really does fly... can you believe we have been talking on here for 3 years now... i signed up april 07! xxx