Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The ass-kicking thread!

Ok... I figure if we are going to encourage each other to get off our backsides and be good then we all have different ideas and had better set our own goals! I don't want to get weight obsessed and I think if I get off my bum I can get in shape so long as I cut out snacking and excercise.

I'm 13stone at the mo, I'd like to get to 11 stone but I'll settle for 12 stone before hubbys brothers wedding in August (small goals = more achievable then I get to feel better!!) Hell I'll be happy to fit in all my size 14 clothes better cause I'm not buying size 16!!

What I'm gonna do or get my ass kicked...

Walk for at least half an hour every day with Cole (unless its really peeing it down or we have a busy busy day!)
Not snack before lunch (a breadstick is ok)
No drinking diet coke before lunch
Crisps or chocolate with lunch..not both!
Kick doctor next week for a referral to physio for my knee..I don't stand any chance of doing any more strenuous excercise on my knee until its sorted..and now I know it can be sorted I want a physio appt (rubbish docs just told me to wear a support, it was the physio I saw for my CTS in pregnancy that told me it could be fixed)

Thats not too bad a goal list I don't think... I'll update through the week and if I'm bad you can all kick my ass!

Now someone else better join in because otherwise I'll have no motivation and I do have a pack of 16 twix bars in the fridge!!!

Replies

• Options
    Ooohhhh this is the scary thread!! Well done kia for starting it!!

Ok what Im going to do or get my ass kicked......

Walk for an hour a day (unless its windy, I can do rain just not
    gale force winds lol)
    Have a proper breakfast each day (cakes DON'T count)
    Not have a cake when I visit my nan (whih is every day lol)
    No fizzy juice (well soda and fruit juice is ok)
    No snacking between meals (ryvita or a baked mushroom is
    allowed)
    Get my lazy ass down to the gym for a membership image
    A treat on a Wednesday night is ok.

Well I thik I can stick to my list eeeeekkk!! Again I will update you through the week and see if Im sticking to it or not.

Kia step away from the twixs!!!! Get your head out the fridge and take Cole for a walk!
    (How'd I do? lol did ya listen to me??)

Good luck everyone
    xxx
  • Options
    well i can't go for a walk till after my shower, i'm not usually this bad but i had to watch dancing on ice!!

i'm meeting my mate later so i'll walk the long way into town!

forgot to add...El Mac is in charge of the star charts image
  • Options
    I need to loose at least a stone so here goes!

I will take jack for at least an hours walk every day (unless raining or windy or something good on This Morning)
    No more crisps for lunch coz im too lazy to make something heathly and filling!
    No more excuses as to why i cant do my Davina Dvd 3x a week ( Only manage once a week now as usually too tired, busy or just plain lazy)
    Will only have a glass of wine on a weekend night rather than every nigh coz ive " Had a busy hard long day "

Will let you know how i get on!
    Had a bacon and mushroom sandwich earlier but that wont count coz id not seen this then xxximage
  • Options
    Well done Kia! Still not quite sure how to decided who gets the STAR of the week with out something concrete like most weight lost....we'll just have to congratulate each other when we do well!

Well I'm 11 stone and would like to lose a stone while I'm still breastfeeding and then another 1/2 stone after that. How I'm going to do it? Hmmmm not too sure about that. Def cut out snacks and exercise more...hmmm sounds so simple doesn't it!!!

El x
  • Options
    Well done Kia... got to think of what goals I'm going to set myself each day now.... Ok here goes....

I am now 5 stone over what I was after I had Tristan but that was a long time ago and I was alot younger (I also stopped eating and exercised like a maniac every day to get to that weight and I'm not planning on doing that again!)... I'm a stone over my pre-pregnancy weight and 4 stone over what I would like to be..... I would like to achieve maybe 2 stone by the end of the summer and the other 2 stone by next summer (christmas would be better but I'll see how I go!)

I'm going to.....

- cut out eating somthing with every cuppa
    - eat more fruit (and chocolate raisins don't count!)
    - use my lateral thigh trainer each day (and not as something to dump things on!) or walk for at least an hour at a good speed (longer if I'm walking at toddler pace) - or both if I feel like it!
    - cut out chocolate and cakes except as a treat at the weekend
    - Only buy choc biccies that Tristan likes but that I don't (i'll have to try and think about that one - not sure what I can include in that!)
    - Stop weighing myself every day - its not helping! Instead I'm going to judge myself on how my clothes are feeling, and maybe only weigh myself once a week.

I think that will do for now... I'll update if I think of anything else I want to add to it.

Well here it goes....Good luck everyone x

-
  • Options
    He he Kia- well done on the thread!
    I'm round at my mum n dads doing this as our net down image
    I want to lose half a stone by summer hols (mid August) as going away with friends and she's only had one baby 2 1/2 year ago so she'll be super slimmed (unless she gets pg again b4 we go - here's hoping! lol)

I'm going to:
    eat more fruit ie eat fruit at all! Aldi have cheap fruit n veg on so will stock up!
    buy an exercise dvd (still not ordered one!)
    actually do the exercise dvd!
    Not pinch the kids' Xmas chocs in the forbidden cupboard....
    get out more with the pram (no wind or rain for me tho!)

Think we need to appoint someone as sergeant major (but i'm not strong enough to stop myself being naughty,) so who's gonna volunteer?!?

Keep it up girls!

P.S. I'm starting on Monday - got some Munchies hubby bought last night to eat yet!

Ali x

• Options
    oooh I like this thread. I have no idea how much i weigh so can't really go on that. But would like to fit into a size 14 currently size 16 size 18 tops but as breastfeeding that's unlikely to change just yet.

Bar gales and rain to walk one hour a day with Marcus
    puddings only 2 days a week
    a glass of wine only on Friday-sun nights
    to eat at least 3 pieces of fruit a day

Jillycat
  • Options
    oh dear, love the idea not sure could do it but here goes, i put on 4 stone through pregnancy lost 3 (but not through trying mind) 1 more to lose but well, i was overweight to begin with me thinks so wouldn't mind losing 2. And have gone up 2 dress sizes so need to get down at least 2 before i feel alright-ish,

plan of action:

Walk with buggy everyday for at least 30mins but again don't like the rain so hopefully weather will sort itself out soon, but not so much i have to show off my flab in summer clothes mind!
    No biccies, cake or sweet alternative with my endless cups of coffee (decaff)
    errrrrr, i guess trying to get down to regular size meals would be a good idea but not sure what that is whilst breastfeeding
    (anyone else finding breastfeeding not quite such a miracle weight loss machine as people say)
    No more tempting McD's when can't be bothered to cook on way home from goodness knows where
    i guess stomach crunches should be on this list somewhere, i'll start with 10 a day- don't want to be too optimistic and anyway i'll feel good if i do more.
    As for weights lo's heavy enough but could really do with some sort of arm exercise.

i think that's enough for now, so i've made the list perhaps sometime next week i'll get around to doing it lol!
    looking forward to hearing what's working for people
    good luck all.
  • Options
    What a good idea!

Well, I am just under 10 stone was just under 9 stone pre pregnancy but my ideal weight for my body shape was 8 and a half stone so I really want to get down to that.
    I found the first bit really easy to shift but now don't seem to be able to budge it. Really annoying me as I am not eating too much rubbish, we don't have crisps or fizzy drinks in the house unless we are entertaining which doesn't happen much now Bren is here lol!
    I was bad at snacking on biscuits instead of eating lunch in the early weeks but don't buy biscuits now so that can't happen! Think the main thing I need to do is get out walking more and as long as the snow and ice stays away now I should be able to do that so I am going to set myself the goal of the following:-

1 hrs walk every day
    20 sit ups a day
    Davinas work out twice a week.
    No biscuits, chocolate or snacks.

I really wanted to be in my pre pregnancy clothes before I went back to UK but that is a week tomorrow so don't think that is realistic! My jeans fit - just! But they are pretty tight so I don't dare wear them incase I rip the bum lol!!

Well done for thinking this one up Kia!

Lets go for it girls, we will all soon be slim n sexy mummies!

L xx
  • Options
    I'm so pleased everyone has basic goals like me rather than pounds weight loss!! I can handle that a lot easier than weighing and calorie counting.. I just give up if I try that!

Today I've been good... walked the long way into town, resisted temptation for after lunch kitkat, I did buy a small cake in town but thats better than the big ones in the coffee shop, and then after tea had yoghurt for pudding (ok so it was one of those with chocolate in it) and I was only really bad late on when we had friends over and I ate chocolate crispy cakes! Good start for me!

Tomorrow we'll go for a walk before meeting friends.. and I'm not so bad snacking when hubby is home

Situps...should start on situps... that'd be good.

Under 9 stone Liz.. you must have been tiny!! I think I was about 16 the last time I weighed under 9 stone!
  • Options
    lol Kia damn those chocolate crispy cakes! =)

I'm only 5ft5 so not very tall and am only an A cup boob wise so think that helps with my weight. I wouldn't mind being a bit heavier if my boobs grew too but that never seems to happen lol! I would 7 and a half stone at Uni but I think that was because I lived off Jacket potatoes and tuna! =p

I did my 20 sit ups last night and a few side stretches to try and sort the weight out I have put on my hips. Think that is the real killer for me as to why my jeans are so tight! My bum actually seems smaller than before but I think that is because of all the walking I did while I was pregnant.

Keep it up everyone! xx
  • Options
    Rather than recording weight loss (or gain) could we record something that is doing us good each week - so if we went for a long walk each day or managed to eat our 5 a day every day that week? I think that it will keep us focused on the good stuff - from someone who had an eating disorder when they were younger focusing on weight isn't always a positive thing - however, if you wanted to put your weight loss down as your achievement then its personal choice... does that make sense?? x
  • Options
    Well I have managed my hours walk every day so far and eaten 5 fruit and veg every day, I haven't snacked or had fizzy juice but I have had a cake today image I went to visit my nan and had a wee mr kipling easter cake, it was soooo yummmy. We have wholemeal pasta with tomatoes and kale for tea so hoping that will make up for me cake lol This is going to be a LOT harder than I thought, Im just craving chocolate all the time!!! HELP!!
  • Options
    Liz which Davina dvd do you have? Ive got all and just got the new high energy 5 which is a killer!!
    Im like you but only 5ft2 and A cup boobies so need to get back to 81/2-9 stone so ive got a stone to loose!
  • Options
    Liz- I'm 5foot 4... I think I need to do the side stretches too..lose some weight off my hips..um..and my arse..and my tum!

I'm definately not dieting... just changing bad habits..I think it'll work better for me if I call it that! I agree with emma on focusing on a goal whether its weight loss or whatever.

Well done everyone so far!!

Today I didn't snack before lunch, and resisted the twix after lunch for a whole hour!! I did have a piece of cake at the pottery cafe, but we did go for a walk on the way home. I have all the ingredients for my smoothie which hopefully will stop the snacking because its quite sweet and filling.. I'll try and make some tomorrow. I have had 2 twix's since getting home (piggy piggy) but evening snacking wasn't on my goal list!
  • Options
    Well I'm starting tomorrow as I said as mum n dad came round for a meal as they were away last week on Mothers day.
    Who can recommend a good exercise dvd? Not crunches and all that as I have a dodgy click when I do sit ups in my back/pelvis! Something aerobiccy (?!) or dancey which is good for someone who's not done any hardcore exercise in at least a year!
    Keep it up all those who've started kicking their own ass!!!
  • Options
    I have lucy benjamin's dancercise dvd (it was cheap in asda) and its pretty good. I daren't try it until I get my knee sorted out though.

It is pretty dancy - just lots of dance steps and htere is a warm up stage, 3 different dance stages then cool down .. before my knee screwed up last year I was just starting to do the first and second dance stage - and it didn't kill me horribly when I tried it.

Hopefully by the time my knee is sorted (doc better had refer me) cole will be able to occupy himself in the daytime for long enough for me to do the dvd
  • Options
    That'll be the new way to entertain our los then - they will be chuckling when we start prancing around their playgyms! Second thoughts, I might overbalance or collapse in a heap so better put her elsewhere to laugh at mummy! Hope you get your knee sorted soon.
  • Options
    Me too.. I've had a problem with it off and on for years...but at least I actually got it diagnosed about 18 months ago... even if they just told me to wear a support bandage! Not helpful!!

I did try dancing round the lounge with Cole one day when I bought my new cheesy rock CD's. Must have looked like a right prat but as I had my net curtains fastened up (damn condensation!) at least it'll have given the nosy old cow across the road something to look at!
  • Options
    I bought the strictly come dancing exercise dvd - its not hardcore aerobic exercise (don't think my unfit asthmatic bod would have coped otherwise!) It kept Ophelia amused while I was doing it and she even tried to join in at times!! Its broken down into several dances so you can decide to do some or all of them....managed to do warm up and one routine before Bryn started to complain - did do a while on my stepper though..... Hubby bought cake and choc though so I'm going to have words with him and get him on board.... Gona give whats left over to Tristan - my willpower is rubbish so I can't have the temptation of it in the house!! Good luck everyone for the week ahead - I have a feeling I'm going to find it tough!! x