Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

no internet

boooo image have had no internet since monday as bloody bt have cocked my line up and i've got that sick of there crappy staff that I've cancelled my account with them, so gonna have to get cable fitted in the new year. I've just spent most of the night in work ordering last bits for Christmas and catching up on here naughty me ha ha.

Though oh has been coming home to his tea ready and a tidy house as I suddenly seem to have so much more time spare ha ha.

Hope everyone's ok though and happy Birthday to all the little ones who's birthdays i've missed or are coming up this next week as after weekend not sure when i'll be able to pop back on and if i don't get on before hope everyone has a fantastic christmas xxx

Replies

• Options
    Try TalkTalk, had problems with BT moved to talktalk just over a year ago and had wireless through them as well as phone and had no problems at all, also a lot cheaper than BT! Also sky are foing a really package at the mo! x
  • Options
    Thankyou will have a look into them
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such a crap time with BT we have had nothing but trouble from them and are now with sky, its cheaper and if there is ever a problem they sort it out straight away and I have always been given an apology in way of money off my bill. Hope you get back online soon and have a fab christmas xxx
  • Options
    Have a lovely christmas hun! And hope Rhys has a great birthday too! Get back online soon xxx
  • Options
    Oh no ...rubbish!! We are with sky who are quite good but they did sneak the price up by ??1 withotu telling me so I'll be ringing trying to get a good deal next year to make up for it lol

If you go with sky... let me recommend you and I'll be your bestest friend and split the m&s vouchers with you image
  • Options
    Oh no ...rubbish!! We are with sky who are quite good but they did sneak the price up by ??1 withotu telling me so I'll be ringing trying to get a good deal next year to make up for it lol

If you go with sky... let me recommend you and I'll be your bestest friend and split the m&s vouchers with you image
  • Options
    Going to sound stupid and thick but we can't have sky tv because a stupid tree blocks the reception, does that make any difference to getting phone or internet with them? I know it is propbaly the most stupid question ever but please bear in mind my poor pregnancy brain (it is horrendous this time round, I got in the passenger side of the car the other day when it was only me & rhys lol)
  • Options
    g/c, we wnated talk talk but had to have a bt landine firt, there deal looks fanatastic....??6.49+ line rental for 40gb! sky talk and internet ..son't even get me started! it took 6 weeks from us ordering ti before we got an installation date (even tho phoning them every day to find out depsite being told when we placed the order that it wd be 10 working days) then when they gave us the dtae it was a further 3 weeks. i sat in waiting on the day, a bt van pulled up, no one got out, and i thought , hmmm wonder if thats them...nah can't be, its sky phone. they drove off, and then about an hour later i phoned sky and they said yep it was bt, now we live in a flat so they gave them the building adress but not the flat number so thats why bt didn't ring our bell or knock on our door (basement flat but bell is on main door, iyswim?) anyhoon so they said would be another 2 weeks and they needed to send an engineer cos somehting wrong with our line, i phoned bt who said nothing wrong with line and they cld have it on in 3 days for us, so took that (altho more money than sky but principle and quicker, and OH's family live in belgium so cheapest way to talk to them is skype) and phoned sky back and told them to f off. but because we've now joined bt we have 18months to go and then we will be switching to talk talk. and kia.....they were sneaky with that, i phoned up and had a moan at them but they said they did 'tell' us, it was the magazine! grrrr! i never read that, and really they if its a price hike they shld send particular letters not just put it in their mag. i hate them, and if we cld get digi tv i wld but this area isn't going digital til 2011! so its either sky tv or jut the 4 channels til then, and stuck with the sky telly for the next 9months..

becci boo, sky don't do phone and internet unless u take the tv too, and to have the tv u have to have a sat dish up, so the tree cld be blocking the sat dish. where i used to live we had a row of trees at the back of our garden and cos the sky installer drilled thru our radiator pipe (can u believe!) he (free of charge, cos it normally costs) moved our dish further up the wall (think on the chimney) so our signal wld be better. xx