Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Alternative day diet

Hi,

Has anyone tried the alternative day diet? I'm on day three of it at the moment and really hoping to see some good results from it so I can more comfortably fit into the dress I want to wear for my step sisters wedding next month!
It is the one were you have alternate days, one where you can only have 500 calories and the other where you eat normally (but oourse as healthily as you can). I'm finding the 500 calorie days fairly hard as you get to eat so little, but easy to stick to as you know tomorrow you can eat normally again!

Anyone else slimming at the mo?

L x

Replies

• Options
    I'm just cutting out the rubbish and trying to eat healthily. Lost 2 st since having Alfie but got another 3 to go!!!! I'm going to rejoin slimming world. good luck with it
  • Options
    Wow Becci 2 stone that is really good going, well done you!! I was quite lucky after having Jacob I seemed to loose most of the baby weight pretty fast but I have had just over half a stone that I really want to lose since around Easter and decided I really had to get on with it!! The hardest thing I find is not snacking on stuff I'm giving the boys, and also I think when you are tired (which you usually are when you have kids!) you feel like you need to eat more to keep your energy levels up.

I can't believe you have to lose another 3 stone, there will be nothing left of you! We'll have to keep posting to say how we are getting on and try and motivate each other to keep going! xx
  • Options
    My problem is I don't eat properly in the day and just end up snacking and picking at bits all day.

I only put about half a stone on having Alfie (was so sick just couldn't eat for first 25 weeks lol) I just want to get down to a 12-14 and I'll be happy with that.
  • Options
    Wow cutting down to 500 calories a day that must be hard going! I joined swimming world a few weeks ago and have lost over half a stone in 3 weeks, I would reccomend it to anyone image
    Becci well done on your weight loss thats fantastic! xxx
  • Options
    Wow, well done on losing the weight ladies!
    When I had my gallbladder out and was doomed by the docs in UK to a life of no fat diet (yeah right) I lost 10 pounds simply by switching things over to low fat products and not eating too many sweet or crispy snacks. I then swapped back to my normal diet and kept the weight off. Portion sizes and filling up on veg works too. We're on a health kick atm after the hols so I'll let you know how we get on!
  • Options
    Maybe we should try the gallbladder removal thing because the fb photos of you in a bikini are pretty fab Ali.
  • Options
    lol Jules, at least you would immediatly lose the weight of your gall bladder - not sure how big they are?!

Even when I lose the weight I want to there is no way I will ever go in a bikini again, my stomach is far too full of stretchmarks and I just hate it! The things we do to have children huh?! x
  • Options
    i've put on loads of weight in the last year but yes - even if i lost the weight my tummy is horrid. i was congratulated on being pregnant a couple of months ago! i did have a big coat on but still!
  • Options
    How is everyone that is dieting getting on?

I'm really pleased with the alternative day diet, I've been on it about a week and a half now and have lost 4lbs so far! The 500 calorie days are hard and to be honest I am probably having slightly more then 500 calories but am just making sure I'm eating healthy stuff - filling up on tomatoes and things to bulk up my crisp breads!! On the normal days though I am eating pretty normally, I have reduced portion size slightly but am still having desert. I'm also trying to do more exercise, although I was always pretty active anyway. Now I'm trying to do 30 minutes on the wii fit everyday and a 30 minute walk with Jacob on the days Bren is at nursery. The walk with Jacob is really good exercise as it is very hilly on the lanes where we live so I feel shattered by the end of it! Nice fo Jacob as all the sheep are in the fields and we have some lovely Jersey cows nearby with calves.

My tummy is pretty much flat again but still has a jelly feel to it (not to mention the horrid stetch marks) will it ever get better?!

Jules - poor you over the pregnancy remark! It must have been the coat.

On the awful tummy side of things can anyone recommend some good cream that will help sort the stretchmarks out? I used palmers cocoa butter throughout both my pregnancies and afterwards but other than making the skin nice and soft it isn't doing loads more. I'm not sure there is a miracle cream on the market to fix the state of my tummy but I'd be interested to hear what other people have found useful. xxx
  • Options
    Well done to everyone has has lost weight! :\)

Im so depressed about my weight but don't seem to be motivated enough to do anything. Have a hen weekend in 2 weeks and wedding in 7 weeks and can't beliveve Im at my all time heaviest so yes the health kick really need to kick in! Either that or big scary gok won style pants!

Liz - bio oil is supposed to be the best thing for scars and stretch marks.