Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what a week ...

well it's only tuesday but it's been a hellraiser already!!!!

I started bleeding yesterday (17+1) while at work - the other teacher I work with is in her mid 50's but suffered 5 late miscarriages while trying to have a family (between 15 and 28 weeks god love her) so she went into panic mode and sent me straight home for bedrest. I rnag my midwife who was lovely but just said to rest and if it continued over 24 hrs she would listen in for me or try and book a scan! I had a bleed when pregnant with max at about 14 weeks but by comparisson that was just spotting!

Rang hubbie at work to let him know what was going on only to find out that his school had had the phone call to say that OFSTED are in on Wed and Thurs - so youcan imagine the stress levels in our house!!!!!

Add to that the fact that last night infront of the TV I could feel definite KICKS from bubs and hubbie can feel them too already image I felt them last week at 16+4 for the first time. But now I am panicing that so much movement last night after the bleeding might be bubs in distress rather than a good thing!

I'm at home today and the bleeding is definitely easing but it's horrid.

Replies

• Options
    OMG you poor thing! I can't believe they haven't sent you in for a scan straight away or at the very least had you in to check your blood pressure and to listen to the babies heartbeat.
    Can you give your midwife another call and tell her how worried you are and see if there is any chance you can have a scan?

Fingers firmly crossed that all is ok hun, I had bleeding with Brendan so I know how awful it is xxxx
  • Options
    OMG you poor thing! I can't believe they haven't sent you in for a scan straight away or at the very least had you in to check your blood pressure and to listen to the babies heartbeat.
    Can you give your midwife another call and tell her how worried you are and see if there is any chance you can have a scan?

Fingers firmly crossed that all is ok hun, I had bleeding with Brendan so I know how awful it is xxxx
  • Options
    omg how scary for you. I agree wtih liz - can't believe they haven't sent you for a scan. I'd definately be calling your mw and kicking off for a scan.

Fingers crossed everything is ok
    xx
  • Options
    I posted earlier but bloody site messed up.
    Really sorry honey, how scary and horrible for you. I hope all is ok and that the bleeding has eased off throughout the day. I was going to say the same about the midwife, wont she check you over for some added reassurance?? Cant be good to feel so stressed. My hubby also has ofsted in next week, so understand completely that stress too! Big hugs to you xxxx
  • Options
    Bloody ofsted never come at a good time hope that he is being supportive even though his mind is full of work. Keep resting and push for someone to check you over
  • Options
    Oh God, what a double wammy. Have you seen anyone today? I would've been in a very demanding state!
    Good luck for hubby's Ofsted and really hope you're OK today x
  • Options
    Well I went back to work yesterday (Wed) and it was stoopid I was exhausted by the end of the day so hubbie banned me for today and tomorrow - today I have done absolutely nothing but sit on my butt as I felt hideous but I feel much better now - still having tiny spots but that's all.

Not seen anyone as I am useless at demanding things anyway and what will be will be but I think all is ok.

We are off to the in laws tomorrow which if anything is going to stress me out it will be that but I may just retire to bed for most of the 4 days we are there :lol: seems like a good excuse to me!!! image
  • Options
    Still can't believe they didn't offer you a scan since you are so far along. I would def be using this as an excuse to not go to the ILs!!

Fingers crossed everything is ok, if you are worried though then just call your midwife and see if she can give you a check up. Well worth it if it puts your mind at rest xx
  • Options
    Hun i def think you should retire to bed, you dont need any more stress. Try and use it as a time to practice being demanding-lol xxx
  • Options
    Omg can't believe you didnt get a scan! Definately rest... or even better stay home and away from nasty IL's

xxx
  • Options
    hey sweetie, how scary - has the bleeding stopped now and are you feeling ok??

xxx
  • Options
    Hi. Just wondering how you are? I hope your visit hasn't been too stressful. xx