Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone used Gro Clock or similar?

To train lo when it's acceptable to get out of bed?? Lo is now 2.5yrs old and I think would benefit and understnad something like this but just wondered if anyone had any experiences of it???

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    here's a link so you know what I am on about!
    http://www.gro.co.uk/vmchk/Gro-clock.html
  • Options
    We have an in the night garden one for Holly, iggle piggle sleeps through the night then upsy daisy come out when its time to get up but Holly knows how to change the time on it and how to make upsy daisy come out when ever he wants lol
  • Options
    Its spooky you posted this as I had just been wondering today whether Brendan would benefit from something like this. I hadn't seen the groclock one, looks really good. I think I will probably get one when we are over in the UK this summer. It would be particularly good over here as we get the two extremes of it not going totally dark in the summer and then going dark fairly early in the winter. Must be confusing for them! x
  • Options
    Looks like a great product. Oakley is still in a cot though so don't think it would be for him yet, have added it to my favourites though!
  • Options
    Well, just so you know we bought it (off amazon) and have plugged it in and introduced it to Max this evening so we will see what happens - I will let you know!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed it works well for you! x
  • Options
    Well, it was going like a dream! Max loves watching the Mr sun turn to a Mr star at night and always says 'if it's Mr star me sleep' When it's Mr sun me get up! So he knows what's what! Yesterday morning as we came down the stairs to get him up we heard him yell 'YAY it's Mr sun now' so he must have been watching it!

But then this mornign he was awake at 6 YELLING 'I WANT MR SUN NOW' over and over :roll: so not quite what we wanted. I went into him and explained that if he was shouting Mr sun would be scared adn he needed to lie quietly or play quietly until he came on - that seemed to work so we'll see from here!
  • Options
    Oh bless Max. Perhaps that was just a blip?!! Hope so image
    Im watching one on ebay at the mo, they look just what is needed here xx
  • Options
    Well our chat about not shouting seems to have worked as this mornign when I got up to pee (oh the pregnant joys!!!) at 6 I could hear him singing and chatting to himself and then at 6.50 when Mr Sun comes on the clock he let himself out of his room and came and said hello!

I am so far LOVING this device!!! image