Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

had a blonde moment

Thought I would share a blond moment I had today.

Last week the handle on door on Marcus room went and me and him were locked in his room for about 10 mins thank goodness my friend was down stairs with her lo at the time. Anyway we haven't got round to fixing it as yet.

So this morning I went to get Marcus up from his nap in his cot and pushed the door closed without thinking to stop the cat getting in. This was at 9 am this morning no phone, hubby not due home for hours me and Marcus locked in the bedroom. So i got him changed and dressed gave him a BF thank god he is BF or he would of being crying for ages and my 80 odd year old neighbour never hears him cry so wouldn't of been any help. I kept looking out of the window but no -one to shout to to rescue us. Finally I saw an old man who lives in the next street go in too his garden and shouted to him like a mad woman and he came and saved the day Fortunately Marcus was in a good mood after his nap and just thought this was a new game and just giggled at it....:lol:

Just goes to prove I lost some brain cells during the pregnancy and not being at work

Jillycat

Replies

• Options
    lol Jillycat! Poor you, sounds like something I would do haha!

Glad you are ok though and that Marcus has a sense of humour!! xx
  • Options
    He he! That could've been a long new game to enjoy, or not! Think the handle needs fixing rather urgently now!
  • Options
    Thank god you bf-could have been a very interesting 'game'!

Well done Marcus for being a good boy for his mums blonde moment!!!

• Options
    oh dear i could see myself doing that, and knowing me i'd probably end up doing it 3 times as well, unless i took the door off until it was all fixed! heehee. glad it was all sorted and lo was in good spirits, doesn't bear thinking of if he hadn't been! bless them, they really seem to just know when they have to have a good day. pros of bf highlighted again teehee, perhaps they could add this to the leaflets they hand out as an additional example for why breast is best under 'what if' scenarios! lol
  • Options
    Oh no poor you!

We did something similar before Cole was born - hubby got locked in Cole's room while he was working on it! Fortunately he was locked in with a screwdriver and I had one on the outside so we could get him out without him having to jump out the window!