Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

An extra hour!

I know its not much but Bren slept for an extra hour inbetween feeds last night and just that little bit more sleep has made me feels loads better! image He has been doing anything from 2.5 to 3 hours during the night and managed to go from 2am to 6am! Even better my hubby woke up (for once) and when I came back with the bottle he offered to feed him so I got chance to wash the nights bottles and make us both a cuppa in bed!

Had a bit of a day from hell with Bren yesterday so I think he is making up for it! I am pretty sure it was because he was constipated so I put some malt extract into his bottles (as recommmended by my HV) and he has done two bug poos this morning and seems much happier for it!! :lol:

Hope everyone else had a good night x

Replies

• Options
    Well done Brendan - he's getting there! We had a great night as usual but i'm cross with hubby this morning....he didn't wake me till 7.55am and hadn't made up Gracie's new sma staydown bottle (has to be made from cooled boiled refridgerated water then allowed to stand at room temp) so now i'm feeding her which she's taking very slowly and i've got to do the school run in 10 mins! Charlie's lunch isn't made, my hair's a mess and now Gracie's just sicked up.....!
    This bad day wouldn't be happening if it wasn't a leap year! I blame that!
  • Options
    Awww, sorry you are having a bad morning. Things can only get better! The SMA staydown sounds like a hassle to make lets hope it does the trick for her so it's worth it!

Hope your day gets better! x
  • Options
    So do i! Staydown so far has been renamed 'sick up' lol but i'm hoping that 's just till she gets used to it!
    School run was a nightmare too - 2 lorries on motorway had a bit of road rage and were blocking both lanes doing 55 mph! Then a (silly) woman just sat at the lights the whole while they were on green!!! My horn's never had so much use - shame it sounds like road runner and not a wild savaging beast!
    Things can only get better according to D:ream (oh how sad!).
    Hope your day's better than yesterday!
  • Options
    Bf-ing sounds alot easier - not sure how you cope alioli with everything you've got to do! Had a bit of a trip like yours today - the journey took twice as long as normal - I just hope the driver in front of me could lip-read whilst looking in his rear view mirror!!

Well done Brendan... even an extra hour makes so much difference doesn't it?.... For the past week Bryn has been sleeping for about 5 hours more or less at night but on wednesday night he went from 11 - 6:45 - I couldn't believe it - last night he was back to 5 hours again but at least I know he can do it!! Ophelia didn't sleep that long until she was nearly 2 - Bryn obviously takes after his daddy - far more laid back than me or his sister.

Hope you both have a lovely relaxing weekend
    Em x
  • Options
    Well don Brendan! I bet you feel so much better today Liz! Heres hoping he keeps it up!

I'm impressed.. Cole fell back asleep for 45 mins or so after his morning bf so I got a lie in too!!
  • Options
    Well done Brendan - lets hope its the start of things to come!

Amy has dropped her 10.30pm feed for the last 4 nights, so has been sleeping from 7.30pm to 6.30am - I don't know what to do with myself!
    I'm still managing to wake up at 4.30 every morning just to check she's ok though!
  • Options
    Well done Amy! It is weird when they've gone to bed to stay there til morning - i feel like she's gonna wake up still, but she's been sleeping thru now for 15 nights! My mum and dad must've put whisky in her bottle cos they looked after her while we were out for Valentines and it was that night she slept thru 1st!
    Em - the faffy milk has been knocked on the head - we have a new one to try! It isn't as easy as wapping the old boob out lol but boob juice actually made her worse with colic and reflux! Strange but true. Will try the enfamil tomorrow to see if that stays down. I have more milk in my house than a milking parlour!
  • Options
    Well done Liz & Brendan, an extra hour does make all the difference!

I've put Philip down at 8.30 tonight instead of 9.30 as he;s been horrible the last few nights at around 8 and wants a kip so thought bring bedtime forward, hopefully he'll go till 6am tomorrow but as it's saturday and no school run to do if he does wake several times in the night i've not got to be organised in the morning!!

Good luck with the new milk alioli, agree about boob juice making colic worse, seems to be a lot better now he's on bottles, although somtimes he pigs it down in a great rush then spends a good hour screaming cos his belly hurts, even though there;s no wind to come up, typical man - no patience!!
  • Options
    Great news liz. Know youve been feeling a bit down through lack of sleep so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come!
    Fingers crossed for you
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, things are getting even better as last night and today he has been taking nearly 5floz of milk! Loads better than last week when he was struggling to take 3fl oz at times! I think it is because the trapped wind is finally getting better with a mixture of colief and infacol. He is loads happier and has even started doing what looks like an attempted wave when we say hello and wave at him! He went another 4hrs last night inbetween feeds and I am hoping that now he has increased his intake he will soon increase that.

Did nearly slap my oh last night though when I woke him to do the 6am feed (I had done the 2am one!) and he got the bottle and then said 'you seem much more awake then me don't you want to do it?'!!! I won't repeat what I said to him but it wasn't very polite! x
  • Options
    Hah I'll bet you weren't polite Liz!! Well done Brendan..hopefully things will carry on getting easier now!

Obi - how are you getting on with the earlier bedtime? Cole has been fighting sleep int he daytime and getting grizzly earlier so we've been starting to move bathtime earlier this weekend. Last night wasn't so good cause he woke up and needed burping and changing, but he slept till 7, tonight he was asleep by 9 ...but he's not napped well today so hopefully he'll sleep till 7!
  • Options
    Bryn has started going to sleep at about 8:30-9 and sleeping for about 5-6 hours, and then he gets up at about 7.... it makes such a difference that he only wakes up once a night - if my other 2 had been like this I probably would have had loads more children by now!!! (neither of them slept through the night until they were 2.5yrs!) He's a bit grumpy today as we've all got a stomach bug - He's been through 3 outfits already today - I just haven't got to him quick enough - talk about explosive!! (sorry tmi)

Hope all the other babies are fit, happy and sleeping well. x
  • Options
    Fri he slept from 8.45 till 6.45, had munchies bottle, played for a bit & by 8am was back asleep till 9.30, sat night wasn't so good though, bed at same time but i think we disturbed him when we went up at 11.30 as he woke at 12.15 but put himself back to sleep but woke again at 1.30 and was eating his hands, by 2am i decided he wan't going back to sleep so did his bottle expecting him to take 2oz max and polished off 5oz!! but was up at 6am for munchies of 6oz then had normal feeds, growth spurt?!

Sun & tonight he's bought his horrible time forward to 7pm, he's currently asleep in my arms!! will wake him at 8 so oh can play for half hour while his bottle ferments (colief drops!)

Em - that bug is the pits, our neighbours 1yr old had it last week and he went through clothes like no-body's business. Hope Bryn is better soon
  • Options
    Oh dear poor Bryn. Hope he's feeling better soon!

We brought Cole's bathtime forwards to 7.30 last night, and he was in bed by 8.30. He had a grizzle after about 15 minutes but settled down after a burp. He woke up this morning about 7.20!!!

He's actually even been better today and has napped a couple of times for about 20 minutes each time, then slept for a good couple of hours while I was out - so hopefully he'll be less grizzly
  • Options
    Get well soon Bryn!
    Well done Cole!
    Def growth spurt Philip! God, I sound like a bloody HV!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you - he seems to be a bit better already ... well hes asleep and has been since 8 - however Ophelia is still awake which is why I'm sat here after midnight image Hubby is downstairs (we live in an upsidedown house) snoring brilliantly and I'm cold and I want to go to bed but now she is in a proper bed I can't just leave her.... so I've given up - I've brought her upstairs - put her in her buggy and plonked her in front of baby tv - its so dull its got to get her to sleep!!!! I know I'm not going to win mum of the year for doing that but lying downstairs listening to oh snoring and Ophelia chatting away was driving me nuts! and I thought it was supposed to be the newborn that was keeping me from sleeping.... Hey ho. x