Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What a week - highs and lows Will be long!

Well on Wednesday last week all my hard work at Usborne Books paid off and I promoted to Team Leader - was WELL CHUFFED cos it has been close for a while but finally made it and as I was just going to be going back to 2 days teaching again in Sept (I am sure you remember my upset post about not getting jobs at interview) I thought this would be ideal to keep my business building and make the extra from that!

I had also worked out all possible maternity pay rights etc etc and we had decided that even on my 2 day working week with Usborne money as well we COULD afford to start thinking about no2 and prob ttc in July or August.

Then I had the gloom and doom of SIL's wedding looming on Saturday - arrrrgh.

So then on Thursday the school I am at at the moment got 'the call' from OFSTED to say they would be in on Tuesday and Wednesday so all crazed madness broke out and it was nose to the grindstone and having to drive to Shefield on Fri night for birthday meal for MIL and then the wedding on Saturday and then stay for lunch on sunday was THE LAST thing I needed!

So Friday was manic and didn't get away as soon as we had originally planned but got to hotel gave Max a dunk in the bath and got changed and stuck him in his buggy to sleep and went down for birthday meal to be 'told off' for being late (we had rung ahead to say we were going to be late and carry on without us). Then I didn't want a drink as it was late and I was knackered and frankly I didn't want my tongue to get loose and tell them all what I think of them :lol: so that was frowned upon!

Off to bed and then up on Saturday morning - went to get Max's haircut and then wandered to the IL's house for a coffee and let them try to be friendly with Max - he just screamed and clung to me :roll: then when he was getting tired put him back int he buggy and walked to find some lunch - he only slept for 20 mins which I knew spelt disaster for the rest of the day! Had lunch and got changed for the wedding. Max was really grumpy by then and we wanted to go for a drive so he had more sleep or get to the venue and again walk so he could sleep but we got a call from MIL could we come to the house for some photos- I wanted to put foot down and say no but hubbie wanted to do the right thing so we went. Max didn't want any phtoso and generally screamed and cried so gave up and went to the venue. He had a snack and settled a bit and at 5 to 4 we were called into the room - wedding was at 4 - max sat and pottered a bit between the seats and was generally fine - 35 MINUTES LATER we were still waiting for the Bride and as she arrive MAx finally realised how bored and tired he was an screamed the place down so I left and didn't see the ceremony. Finally got him off to sleep int he buggy after the ceremony and parked it int he shade of a tree while photos were going on - then IL's wanted me to wake him up for pics NO, then they wanted to move his muslin off his face to take pics NO, then 2 mins later he was screaming and guess what they had move the muslin and the buggy to try and get pics NOT IMPRESSED - for the next hour I had a very tired very grumpy baby on my hands while hubbie did usher duties! Then had dinner and max was fine while eating hten we put him to bed upstairs. Over pudding other SIL's boyfriend reveals to me that becuase I hadn't had a drink the night before they had all decided I was pregnant OH YEAH COS THAT IS THE ONLY REASON FOR NOT HAVING A DRINK image

Sunday go to the IL's house again and I hide working on laptop for OFSTED and the force hubbie to leave early.

Monday Manic at work still organising - Mon evening get a text from my old headteacher (the one who has allowed me to go on secondment) says: Good news ring me! So I duely ring her and she tells me that the DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL NEEDS FOR THE WHOLE OF GATESHEAD has been on the phone to her specifically asking if she will release ME on another years secondment to set up a key stage one autism base in a primary school - Lovely head has said if I want to do it of course she will allow me but I need to ring the Director image - I try to but there is no answer :roll: !

Tues inspection starts but he doesn't come to my classroom so I am the only one with observation still hanging over me till Wed! Tues night I email the Director as still can't get an answer and she rings my mobile immediately, tells me loads about the post, potential pupils and the school and how much she has heard about the good work I am doing now and that although the post is only for a year initially it may become permenant but I might have to apply for it then and how it's mine if I want it, OF COURSE I WANT IT IT IS THE EXACT JOB I WANT BUT IT HAS NEVER EXISTED BEFORE! Only problem is that Max's nursery doesn't open till 8am and this school is further away and I don't know if I will get there in time :roll: when I tell her this she tells me to try the drive and let her know as if I can't make it in time they will tell the pupils to be there later (sounds like they really want me image ) So I tell her I will ring early in next week to say yes or no!

Wed - inspector visits classroom - very nervous - go for feedback afterwards and he tells me (direct quote) "your a very talented woman, running an excellent classroom where pupils who areworking at a very low level are presented with appropriate challenges and make fantastic progress" image I leave grinning from ear to ear!

Thurs - CHILL - talk to hubbie about IF I take the new job offer we can DEFINITELY have coil removed in Sept and get to BD-ing! image But Usborne might have to go on the backburner again a bit!!!

Fri am - drive to the poss new school - I am there by half 8 - so DEF saying yes to that job. When pick Max up from Nursery they have had OFSTED in today :lol:

WHAT A WEEK image - for all those who told me that I didn't get those jobs beacuse things happen for a reason you were SO RIGHT!!!!!!! And to my stupid previous headteacher who made me feel so small and shitty and shattered my confidence and made me feel I couldn't teach I think the OFSTED inspectors comments and the fact the DIRECTOR of the Education authority for SEN has off the cuff offered me a job cos she has heard good things is a 2 finger salute to her!!!!

SOrry for the essay but I am over the moon and off to drink bubbly stuff now!!!! image:lol:

Replies

• Options
    Fantastic!!!!!!! I am so pleased for you! You see - things really do happen for a reason! People usually think I am nuts when I say that but I find it is often true.

Hope you have had several glasses of the bubbly stuff and that hubby is spoiling you for being so wonderful. Us BE ladies of course already knew how fab you were!

Well done you!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Wow that's fantastic news hun and congrats on the excellent ofsted too no wonder they specifically wanted u. Enjoy ur bubbly & hope u get to relax a little over this weekend xxx
  • Options
    Will this silly web site let me reply......!?

OMG .... fantasic!!!! I too am one of thoses people who believe things happen for a reason. What fantastic news!

And... all I can say is bloody stupid family, cut stays with family to the minium! Either that or leave them to put up with a tired stressed baba.
  • Options
    well what can i say YEY!!!!!!!!!!! you have now got the perfect job and i bet you feel sooooooo good about yourself hearing that praise!!! you deserve it missis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go get drunk xxx
  • Options
    oh my god oh my god oh my god yay!!!! i'm so excited for you. And i so told you!! i knew this was gonna work out for you.lol
    do anything to take this job - even if it means getting someone else to drop max to his nursery or moving him on those days to something nearer the school where you'll be working.
    congratulations - this is fab news and well done for promoting to team leader - i don;t know how you manage to fit it all in!

have a fab weekend xx
  • Options
    Thanks for all the lovely well wishes!

I will definitely be accepting the job as it's perfect! image
  • Options
    That's brilliant news - well done! xx
  • Options
    OMG!!!! What a fantastic comment from OFSTED, that really proves how brilliant you are (which you know but it's nice to have confirmation from them!) and for the Director to be head hunting you for a job which sounds like has been created for you, that's brilliant!

Well done you!