Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teething!!!

I think Holly is teething already!!!!She's only 8 weeks but she is drooling sooo much and always wanting her hands in her mouth and her gums are hard and sore looking. She's been crying out a lot in pain today (even when I had her out for her walk which is unheard of) so I gave her a wee bit calpol but it doesn't seem to have done much. Ive just sent oh out for teething gel and soothers and called the health visitor to come out tomorrow. Its horrible seeing her in pain and not being able to help her, the poor wee darling.

Replies

• Options
    It only seems like yesterday that we were pregnant, now the lo's are teething!!!
    Growing up way too fast!
    Alfie's been shoving his hands in his mouth lately. Dont know whether its because hes just realised that they are there though! Bought some teething gel just in case and he did have a good old chomp on a cold teething soother!
  • Options
    You know..I did wonder if Cole could be starting teething cause he's got a horrid rash all over his face and neck and he;s drooling and he's been fussy over the last few days but I figured it was way too early and I was just imagining it.. he shoves his hands in his mouth too but then he's always done that. I've got some teething gel anyway (friend gave me a box of useful things) but I might just try and pick up a teething soother thingy just in case...

Hope Holly is feeling better soon
  • Options
    Gracie's been drooling and dribbling for just over a week and i asked hv if it could be her cold..she said she could be teething too! She's also putting her hands in her mouth and refuses the dummy occasionally (not like her at all!). The other night she was going mad for her hands in her mouth and she kept me awake from 1.50 til 5.20 (when i left her with hubby to deal with and escaped into the spare bed!).
    Hey, this could be the new list!!! First teeth! (Bet we're all waiting ages now....lol)
  • Options
    Bryn has been shoving his hand in his mouth alot recently but I think thats just because he's constantly looking for food!! He does dribble alot but his sister didn't have any teeth until she was 8 months old then they all came through within a short space of time - so if he's anything like her I doubt he will be on the 'First teeth' list for a while! My friends little one had his first tooth when he was 11 weeks so it can happen really early.