Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Quick Catchup

Hi I was just wondering how you all are? I know some of you are having a bad time especially healthwise and I wanted to say I'm really sorry I've been so rubish at keeping in touch. I'm unable to get online using my computr and have to rely on my ipod which is not that great! Also I now seem also unable to get onto the fb group so haven't been on there in awhile.
As for me I'm now working a second job and doing a course to become a childminder have done the pre reg and paediatric 1st aid just doing icp now and will then have to go through registration with ofsted. It's all been a bit much as it's coincided with summer holidays and trying to look after the boys and make sure we try and get out and about but I'm feeling fairly positive about it all - feel like I'm 'getting there' even though the time effort and expense of the registration process/ setting up a business is fairly daunting! Lots of love to you all and huge apologies for not been in touch xx

Replies

• Options
    Awww, Jules, you don't need to apologise! I think most of us have been busy over the summer as the forum has been fairly quite. I have been totally pants at coming on much too, what with travelling over the summer, and then when we got back home the boys started nursery 3 days a week (even Jacob yey!!) so hubby and I were busy getting jobs done around the house before he went back to work last week.
    I had a very proactive week last week, managed to finally get onto a Norwegian course. I had to go and enroll last week and take a test to see what level I was at which was a bit scary! Luckily I am above the basic level as that would have required attendance Monday to Friday which would have been impossible child care wise. Now I have to go three days a week and the nursery have been great and changed the boys days accordingly at really short notice. So I start on Monday! Really nervous about it, but also relieved to finally be doing something about sorting my norwegian out as it is the one thing holding me back over here.

Hubby and I have also been thinking seriously about whether to do the extension work we are planning on our house or to just buy somewhere bigger with more land so we can do the small holding thing more easily. We had a drive out to look at a couple of houses today which was quite exciting but I think it has made us realise how attached we have become to our place and that even if the work takes a while it will probably be worth it in the end.
    I made the most of a very rare day last week where the boys were at nursery and I had nothing I really had to do, so I went and met up with a couple of friends for lunch. It was totally fab to have some girly time, the first time since Brendan was born that I have been able to spend time with friends on my own (i.e. without children or hubby lol!!). So very very nice!
    I'm still trying to get my business going, my brother is holding it up at the moment as he is supposed to be doing the website for me and the progress is slow to say the least!
    Hubby and I have been talking about a 3rd baby but I am no way ready to have another yet. I need a decent break after having the boys so close so I think ttc will wait until about 2012. Then I just have to hope it is a girl as I think another boy may feel excluded with the age gap - but what will be will be!

Jules - you sound so busy I don't know how you do it!! I hope you are finding some time for yourself in all this!! Am I right thinking you are down near Plymouth? If so my BIL has just been posted there so next time we visit him I will have to see if we can meet up!

Phew! Enough of my waffle. Be good to hear how everyone else is doing xx
  • Options
    Sounds like you are doing great Jules, I agree with Liz-how do you do it all? Well done for getting your course & everything sorted, sounds like youre on the right track image
    Wow Liz, cant believe youre talking babies! Lol. Im still on the 1st slow down image haha.
    Not sure what to say about here....well im looking for jobs again, anything really as we have no money after bills each month so im just applying for loads of stuff! Healthwise, im still much the same; very exhausted, some days better than others, but they cant find anything obvious wrong so im just living with it at the moment.
    Elijah starts nursery if Jan which im very excited about! Think he will love it once he gets used to it. It will be mon-weds 1-6pm! Lovely image xxx
  • Options
    Sounds like you're really finding your feet liz - fab about your course and nursery too. Lovely you had a day out! My mums having the boys on Sunday night so I'm going out for dinner and on Monday having a lie in! Although a lie in never really works because I wake up anyway and then don't want to waste my free time sleeping!
    Everything is a bit too much at the mo but it's not forever and I'm hoping it's getting me where I want to be. I actually enjoy my second job more than my main one so it makes it easier!!
    Bluey - sorry to hear you're so exhausted - it's horrid to feel like that so I hope they can find something that can help you soon xx
    I live near Plymouth - emma lives even nearer and it would be lovely to see you!
  • Options
    Jules sounds like you are doing really well! I hope you enjoy your child free night on Sunday.
    LIz it sounds like you have your hands full as well! Good luck sith the buisness hope it gets up and running soon.
    Bluey Im so sorry to hear you are still feeling rubbish I do hope they get to the bottom of it soon! I just wouldnt give up and if you feel your gp has given up then change practices and try a different doc.
    As for me I had my op 4 weeks ago today and still no results back, Im starting to get back to normal well as normal as I ever was before lol Hollys been being really good lately and other than lack of money we are all doing fine. Going home in October so can't wait for that.
  • Options
    Good to hear from you! Glad you recovering from your op and getting back to normal. Shame you are still waiting on results. - perhaps that is a good sign that they didn't think there was anything there of concern? A big hug for holly for being such a good girl!! Lots of love xx