Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

UK trip

Hi,

Well, we are off to the UK this evening so I may not be on as much as normal, think I am a bit addicted to this site!! image

We are supposed to be flying back home on Saturday but plans may change as we got a call yesterday to say hubbies dad had been rushed into hospital with pneumonia and kidney failure. Not good! He is in his 80s and so far hasn't been responding well to treatment so they have said if the antibiotics haven't started doing something today they will cease treatment. Not a huge surprise to be honest as with his age you are always aware that something could happen at any time, and he hasn't been in the best of health for a while. Hubby is obviously upset and hardly slept a wink last night, we are flying in to Birmingham tonight as the flights were so much cheaper and my brother is coming to pick us up, so depending on how things go we may have to take hubby straight over to Manchester to make sure he gets to his dad in time. :roll:
Not good! I'm just hoping if the worst does happen that he doesn't suffer and just slips away peacefully.

Aside from all that hopefully I'm going to spend some time with my Dad, sounds like he isn't doing so well and is pretty depressed and not dealing very well with his MND.

So all in all it is going to be a really fun visit back!! xx

Replies

• Options
    oh goodness - that doesn't sound great but in some ways it is good that it has happened when you are already coming back - I know that doesn't sound how I mean it to but I hope you know what I mean.
    #
    It doesn't sound like it will be a particularly jolly trip for you but I am sure you will enjoy
    [ ]g
    []=;???????/|P{@ seeing your dad and it will cheer him up and you will spend time with your mum too! Sorry MAx started to 'help' then

Hope your journey is good and things turn out for the best!
  • Options
    Big hugs to you all - hope you're trip isn't too traumatic.
    However low your dad is, I'm sure you and Bren will cheer him up

xx
  • Options
    not sure if you'll read this as you may be packing - do you have time difference in Norway just thought about that!!!???

i'm thinking when your dad see's you and bren stood there he will be soooo happy, hopefully that will be enough to perk him up a bit!!!

like you said if something does happen to hubbies dad i just hope he gets there in time and he slips away peacefully - it's going to be a tough few days and proberly not what you were exepecting when you booked it for getting baby things but you nake the most of it!

xxx
  • Options
    Liz, youve probably gone but i hope your trip goes well and that your dad perks up when he sees you. It will be lovely for Bren and your Dad to spend some time together.
    Really hope your hubby and Dad are ok, hope all is peaceful. Thinking of you all xx
  • Options
    Oh Liz, sorry to hear your trip's not going to be the best one, but like the others have said, if your fil is going to pass away, at least your hubby will be there for him.
    And no doubt your dad will be cheered up when he sees you, the bump and Bren.
    Thinking of you all x
  • Options
    Oh dear, big hugs
    Hope you, hubby & dad are ok.
    xxx