Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Next size up!

Gracie's now in 6-9 month vests and sleepsuits! Her vests were too tight with a fuller nappy and her toes were curling in the sleepsuits!
These are the only clothes I've put her in early that are actually a bit too big - the rest looked and fit fine. She won't be in these till 9 months tho - have I created a monster?!?!
Her little outfits are okay as yet but won't last til 6 month as perfect fit.
How's the rest of the lo's clothing habits??!

Replies

• Options
    6-9 months already! Gracie is gonna be a tall girl it sounds like!!

Cole has big feet - he's in 3-6 or 6-9 month socks/booties/shoes but other than that he's only in 3-6 month vests and the rest is still 0-3. He's pretty much grown out of all his babygrows though so I've just washed all his next size all ready but I think he'll still fit in the footless babygrows for a while - I think he has long legs.

I'll be happy when he fits in the 3-6 month clothes then he has more boy trousers & tops to wear rather than baby colours - you know what i mean...white and pale green and beige. They are still a bit big though really. He's grown out of his 0-3 snowsuit but his 0-3 coat is still huge. We put him in his 3-6 snowsuit today while he was in the baby carrier and it looked huge on him! I had to take the mittons off and his fingers only just stuck out of the end of the sleeves!
  • Options
    Awwwww bless I agree with kia, sounds like baby Gracie is going to be a tall girl!
    Footless babygrows? Where did you get them? I can't get over how shops sizes differ so much, I know in womens clothing shops differ a bit but personally I find babys clothing is soo out its unreal!
    Holly is in all her 3-6 clothes and will be in them for a while yet I think, she is short and chubby (just like mummy and daddy lol) She is still in her 11lbs snow suit but in her 3-6 month jackets??
    Kia can you carry Cole in his baby carrier? I can't even lift Holly in hers lol Im going to get her weighed on Tuesday
  • Options
    Asda has footless babygrows, and I think 2 of the ones that Cole inherited from a friend were from Mothercare. The other ones he has are Triumph ones that my parents found at a motorbike show so thats not much help!! I think they can sometimes be labelled as romper suits or something like that.

Its crazy how the sizes differ isn't it? Tescos seem to last a pretty decent amount of time, as well as asdas and mothercare. New look babygrows are really short in the leg.

Womens clothing shops are crazy too... even bhs I bought 2 identical pairs of trousers one brown one black and the brown ones are looser! Ridiculous!

I must admit I haven't tried Cole in the carrier in quite a while - hubby managed him fine for ages today although he did say it was easier with the rucksack on his back too to balance out the weight. I have a ring sling and am ok with him in that but he doesn't stay in it for very long - I think he's too small for the hip carry at the moment, too big to lie down and he doesn't like his legs squashed up for the other way of carrying him. He was 14lb 11 on monday the tubby boy!
  • Options
    New look do baby clothes? Not in ours!
    Romper suits sound like the way to go for us! Do you put socks on them too at night?
    I've been trying to find a spring time coat for Gracie but they're either huge fluffy things or thin summer or raincoats! Too hot or too cold! She sweats like owt if she has a crying session with her fleecy chunky cardy/coat on whilst in the car seat!
  • Options
    Bryn is in a real mix of sizes.... at the moment he's in 3-6 months for most things but he has worn a sleepsuit that was 6-9 months and fitted beautifully..... he was given a romper suit from pumpkin patch - and when he wears that I put socks on him too.
    I've had the same problem with coats for Bryn... If I think its going to be warm in the car I put a thinner cardi on him and take a fleece blanket to wrap round him when we get out - he has a lovely thick cardi but like you say Ali if he has a screaming fit he gets really hot.
    I haven't had him weighed for almost 3 weeks, but 3wks ago he was 15lb 15oz not sure hes as long as Gracie though - sounds like she's going to tower over them all! x
  • Options
    Well I havent put Cole in the romper suits yet as he's fitted his babygrows but I'll put socks on him at night when he does go in them. I don't expect him to keep the socks on though!

As for coats - we've been using a knitted hooded cardigan that my friends mum knitted for Cole - we use that if we are going to asda that way he doesnt get oto hot in his coat, or if we are gonna be in and out of shops -its easier to take a blanket off and on him.

New look baby stuff isn't bad - its a little on the small side of the size range but thats handy too... and its cheap! I have a great babygrow in 3-6 that says 'I put the P in nappy'.

Does anyone else with boys find that the boy range in shops is totally rubbish compared to the girl range?
  • Options
    I totally agree Kia... I went shopping for some new clothes for Bryn - if he had been a girl I would have spent a fortune as there was so much cute baby girls clothes I couldn't find anything for Bryn!... it's typical though - when Ophelia was a baby I saw loads of boys stuff I loved... maybe I'm just fussy and difficult!
  • Options
    I must admit i much prefer buying stuff for Gracie than i did for the boys! So much more variety and extra stuff boys don't wear...like tights, frilly knicks and skirts!
    Will look in next katie, i try to buy stuff in other colours too now she's bigger!
  • Options
    Ha Ha! I have to admit I was relieved that I had another boy in respect of the clothes because I would have spent a fortune on girls clothes! ( I have 2 boys and still find myself gazing at all the floaty pretty stuff - and I'm definately not that girly myself!)
    But it is true the selection for boys is shocking. my eldest is 2 1/2 and although girls always have a much better selection there was a lot more available when he was a baby than what there is now and it gets worse as they get older!
    Noah's pretty diddy but if I use washable/ terry nappies they're really fat and it's harder to get his vest poppers done up! my eldest pretty much skipped the 3-6 month clothes he grew so quick!
    I think I might actually go get him weighed this week to see how he compares to all your little ones! He's got 2 friends also born on the 3rd and he's always been way smaller even though there birthweights weren't hugely different!
  • Options
    We went to Primark on Saturday and I was quite impressed that they actually had about equal displays of girl and boys clothes! First time I've seen that anywhere!

How come the colours are so divided anyway...girls get pink and pastels and boys get blue and crappy greens and browns!! Its rubbish! How about some nice reds and nice greens and stuff!!
  • Options
    ur right there kia, i think mothercare is terrible for the amount of boys stuff. theres always tonnesof light pastelly stuff and girly stuff, the only boys stuffi can find in there is the expensive(but gorg) humphreys corner outfits and some boring tops n trousers. sainsburys TU range is fab, washes lovely too, stayin soft.

ryan is in 0-3 and 3-6. will get him weighed at clininc for first time this week...well i plan too, may still change my mind

Amy, Holly is looking so pretty! what a cute smile, ali- gracie always makes me smile i love that pic its such a 'matter of fact' look i reckon!
    xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Katie - the tshirt says 'from now on things are going to be done my way!' My friend bought it from new look for him image New look have funny slogan stuff - she also got him a baby grow wiht prison arrows on it that said 'been inside for 9 months'

Mothercare is expensive isn't it!!!! Hubbys friend sent some unworn mothercare stuff for Cole and the pricetags were still on.. ??8 for a little pair of trousers!!! Crazy when you can get jeans for ??1.50 from asda!
  • Options
    Kia - Cole is such a little man and he's so big now compared to his last pic..... I must update Bryns pic but I love the one of him giggling - it makes me smile!

Agree on Mothercare stuff - ridiculous price... we don't have an Asda near us but I have had things from tesco - their boys range at the mo is pretty dire though.
  • Options
    Marcus is in a mixed assortment of clothes at the mo 0-3 and 3-6 month stuff. (he is 10 weeks and 3 days now)Planning on getting him weighed on Thurs. Clothes shopping for the boys isn't as much fun as for girls I have to agree. I love the next stuff but no way could we afford to dress him in it all the time. Holly is right the Sainsburys TU range is really good most of his vest s and sleep suits are from there and wash really well as does a set of dungarees he wears and every time we go somewhere new people always ask where we got it as its so cute!
  • Options
    Im loving all the new pics, its lovely watching all the babys grow image
    I agree about mothercares prices they are shocking! I think m&s are really good value and couldn't believe how well priced there clothes are, we got 5 lovely bibs for ??5 the other day. We havent got a sainsubrys anywhere near us but I often see lovely womens clothes from there in magazines. I love the sleepsuits out of next with the biult in scratch mitts, I have had some out of adams and they were TERRIBLE.
  • Options
    If you want shocking prices try this! Coles in his first 3-6 month baby grow - its a football one (bleh!) sent by hubbys auntie and they left the price tag on! ??11.99 for one babygrow!!!!!!!!! I can just about handle football babygrows but they better not send up any football kits before he's old enough to make up his own mind if he wants to support a football team!

Our sainsburys and tescos are rubbish and dont have much baby stuff..it sucks.
  • Options
    Kia my dad got Holly an organics cotton baby grow for her easter and it is lovely but was a whopping ??14 no way would I pay that for one!
  • Options
    As long as other people pay that's okay! I'm with you two, esp as they're so young and grow so quickly. Don't mind spending a bit more when i know they're gonna be in it for a whole year, not a month or less like Gracie at`the mo!
    Sainsbury's just reopened after a refurb so gonna have a butchers soon. Tesco's just been extended (was only built 2 or so yr ago too!) so got a huge baby dept and loadsa clothes. Tried on some swimming cossies over wkend with my 5 year old and Gracie...she was fine as she can't talk...all i got from Charlie was 'mummy, look at your belly/boobies/bum' in a very loud voice! Then he opened the door mid change, lil bugger! NOT doing that again, didn't buy a thing!
  • Options
    Philip is now in all 3-6months although some of the bodysuits are more off the shoulder style now, especially with a wet nappy!

A friend bought him a load of Pumpkin Patch clothes that are 3-6 and the bodysuits are perfect fit but the dungarees are huge and the socks are way too small so don't think she's going to get to see him in the complete outfit!

My most expensive spend on a sleepsuit was ??8.99 for one but it was a rugby one from the shop at Twickenham and was hubby's xmas present, ok he didn't get to wear it but he did get to take Philip to the rugby club wearing it!

ANother good quality cheap shop which i love is Ethel Austin, have got some really nice t-shirt & tank top combinations from there for a couple of pounds each and they come up slightly big, 0-3 from there still fit at 14lb 12oz, although that was 2 weeks ago.

In mothercare oh picked up this lovely snowsuit and was all fot buying it till he saw the price ??25!!, we bought an ??8 from matalan instead! Thing is i don't think mothercare clothes are all that good, a couple of washes and the t-shirts have faded and the 3-6 are supposed to go up to 17lb something and they are tight around his belly and to get his head into, even with the poppers undone, only clothes i've bought from there have been sleepsuits the rest have been given to us, much prefer tesco's for sleep & bodysuits, cheap enough to throw away after a vester!