Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What a day

Just need a bit of a moan...

Alfie has not been himself the last couple of days. Hes woken up at about 5.30am for the past 2 nights and doesnt seem to settle in his cot for his daytime naps. I must have put his dummy in about 20 times for each nap which is very unlike him.

Tbh i think im in a bit of shock as hes quite predictable and a good baby. He usually goes from 9pm-7am. He doesnt even seem to be that hungry when hes getting up that early.

Hes got over his snuffly nose so i know its not that. Hubby and i took him off dentinox because hes over 3 months (thats when colic is meant to clear).

Whats wrong with him? I wish they could tell you! Hes been a bit sicky and shoving everything in his mouth. Is it teething? Is it colic AGAIN? Has he got a poorly tummy (because i weaned him at 14 wks-he was constantly hungry)?

He doesnt seem to be crying in pain and has been smiling and laughing but just not his usual self. Sorry about the rant-its been quite a draining few days and im sure others have got bigger problems than this but i even feel better just writing this.

Thanks for listening (or reading lol)

x :\(

Replies

• Options
    Poor Alfie! He could very well be teething. Have you noticed them in his gums? Gracie's have been there since she was 9 week old and she's constantly got something in her mouth, which makes her even more sick, delightful! She also spits her dummy out more when she seems to be in pain with them (apparently the movement below the gums can be as painful as the cutting thru, poor things).
    Have you tried any teething gels?
    Hope he's feeling more like himself soon x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it.... Like Ali says, he could be teething... could he also be having a growth spurt? When any of mine were about to grow they have all gone through a time when they've been really unsettled. I really don't think its anything you've done. If you are worried about him then maybe talk to your hv (although we all know they aren't the most helpful at times).
    Hope hes feeling better soon and gives you a bit of a break.
    Take care x
  • Options
    Oh dear poor you. I can totally sympathise - I had a few days like tht a bit ago and it turned out that Cole's exzema had got bad on his tummy and it was bothering him - a day on hydrocortisone cream and he was his old self again.

Have you tried teething gel? I have dentinox and if Cole is grizzly for no apparent reason and shoving his hands in his mouth I just stick some on his gums and he usually settles down.

Hope he's feeling better soon
  • Options
    Kia - love the new pic of Cole!

Suz - Bren has been the same the last few weeks and you can see the white teeth coming through on his bottom gum. As Kia says I just slap on some teething gel when it seems to really bother him and it seems to calm him down. x
  • Options
    Thanks all for your kind comments.

Didnt think about a growth spurt emma.

Have got the dentinox gel and been rubbing it on all day!

Have to say though, i was a bit chicken today and stayed out for most of it as i knew alfie would sleep in his buggy (bad mum). He was awke again at 5.30am-i am not liking this new time-its such a shock to the system! Trouble is he goes back to sleep after a while but i have to stay up to get eldest sorted for school.

No rest for the wicked as they say!