Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Step up blocks

Do you think our Los are too little to have a step up block thing? I'm quite tempted to get on for zachariah so he can stand on it at the bathroom sink etc, but a little worried he wouldn't be steady enough yet? Does anyone use them or thinkng about it? Thanks

Replies

• Options
    cole has a potty that has a lid so it becomes a step - hes had it for months and is fine on it - he stands at the sink to wash hands or clean teeth.

only problem is now that he's using it as a step to try and climb into the bath!!!
  • Options
    Im sure it will be fine...I often find floyd standin on his ride on cars and he can balance on them so sure a step would be ok! I was thinking of getting him one but there is just so much stuff in my house not sure if i want anymore clutter!! lol
    xx
  • Options
    we have a little step for Max from Ikea - he stands at the sink on it for teeth - top of his head only just reaches the bottome of sink when he's on it and he climbs into the bath from it too.
  • Options
    hm thinking about it..the potty step is a hell of a lot safer than standing on...
    the sofa
    the table
    the ride on car
    the top of the whizz around garage
    the megablocks bus
    the list goes on lol.

Its not just cole is it?!
  • Options
    lol no it isn't just Cole Kia, Brendan will climb on anything that stays still for 2 seconds too!

We have the steps from Ikea too, they are very sturdy so not too worried about them tipping and he seems very stable on them. If I put them up to the edge of the sofa he likes climbing up them and jumping onto the sofa cushions! He has scribbled all over them though with crayon - lucky we don't have anything expensive in our house lol! x
  • Options
    Lol, thanks Kia, think I asked a stupid qn now haha, I had meant how sturdy it would be AND how sensible to get something I was wanting him to stand on. Haha
    I got one yesterday anyway and it's gone down well, he's still on tippy toes to reach the tap water but loves it and hopefully he won't use it to get into mischief :??
  • Options
    Haha.. no mischief?! I don't think so lol. Cole uses his so he can turn the taps on...very fast! lol! I take his socks off before goinginto the bathroom else they end up soaked
  • Options
    I don't think 10 minutes go by in our house without some mischief taking place lol. Yesterday he managed to get the milk out of the fridge and spill it all over the kitchen floor. Then ran into the living room with his hand over is mouth going awwww. Please remind me why oh why I was so desperate for him to be mobile ha ha. It's so much fun though isn't it?