Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

On the move!!!

I often put Paige on a blanket on the lounge room floor with her Sesame Street activity thingy over the top for her to watch and i was out of the room for about 15 mins and when i came back she had moved off her blanket about 3 feet from where she started!!!

I'm don't think she rolled away, i think she's kind of arching her back and scooting across the floor, lol.

I can't believe that she's 12 weeks already and it won't be long before she's really up and moving, every milestone makes me a bit teary.

Shell & Paige

Replies

• Options
    Lil mover Paige! They are growing up quickly aren't they? I leave Gracie on her change mat downstairs for a 'good air' and more often than not she's moved up and off the mat whilst i put nappy in bin, wash hands, make brew etc! She also arches her back and pushes with her feet in the floor. Has Paige started rolling to her side and back yet? Gracie hasn't but i think it's cos we have a highly shaggy shaggy rug (oo-er that sounds wrong!) and she sort of gets wedged in! She may do it at baby massage this morning on the gym mats - Alfie rolled onto his front at 11 wk there but couldn't do it at home while older!
    Did you get her reflux sorted? We've now tried Gaviscon (worked for 3 wk ), Sma Staydown (awful!), Enfamil AR (better but still sick lots) and newly on instant carobel to add to her C&G milk.....fingers xed it'll work. 3 bottles in and no sick (I have just doomed myself!).
  • Options
    I haven't noticed Bryn move that far but he has moved around clockwise under his gym thingy and hes started moving over onto his side when he really wants to see whats behind him! It wont be long before we wont be able to leave them lying on a mat for a moment!

Good luck Ali with the new stuff, got my fingers crossed too....Bryn is still being sick after every feed but the hv didn't seem too concerned about it. x
  • Options
    Paige is still constantly vomiting and i've given up on the additives for now, they really were more of a pain for me than the vomit because i'm only bfeeding for now.

I'm starting to try to introduce a bottle of formula during the day so i can maybe get a bit of my own time back eventually but Paige is not at all interested in the bottles. If i can get her to take a bottle soon i'll try adding gaviscon to it and see whether it helps. I bought a couple of tommee tippee closer to nature bottles today, so fingers crossed.

I think i'm a bit more relaxed about the mess though because she's sleeping so well that i'm getting a great nights sleep too, she is usually sleeping 7 to 7, yeeehah!!!

We had 3 month check today and Paige is now 12 1/2 lbs, she is getting so many rolls it's hard to check if she's clean after a dirty nappy, lol.

Shell & Paige
  • Options
    wow paige! good girl! i must have a lazy bugger cos ryan only seems to like sitting up atm, got to get him a bumbo.
    have ordered a door bouncer too so cant wait to see him bouncin about!
  • Options
    Philip enjoys "booting" too, shoots up the mat by 3-4inches with each thrust!! Laughs as i move him back down then does it all over again!! Also noticed the last couple of mornings he has been at an angle in his cot. no rolling over yet but he did finally manage to hold his head and chest off the floor for me yesterday, been doing it for dad for a week or so but wouldn't do it for me!
  • Options
    Booting! thats a great name! Cole does that too. He's started wiggling down in his basket too..then he gets grumpy as he wakes!

Cole can shuffle forwards a bit on his belly but he does let us know he's not happy being on his belly. Head control is fine and he can hold his head and chest off my belly if i lie at an angle but hes not interested in tummy time at all!

He does try and make walking steps though..hubby has him doing that in the bath and apparently tonight he threw an almighty strop at hubby stopping him walking in the bath when he peed!
  • Options
    While Bryn was in his bouncy chair Girls Aloud came on the tv and he started kicking his little legs and waving his arms around..... not sure where he gets his taste in music from though!!

For the past month hes been determined to stand up and his legs are really strong - my mum has told me he'll end up with bow legs if I let him - aren't mums full of little pearls of wisdoml!!

Bryn is the same as Cole - loves raising his head off me but doesn't like being on his tummy - his siblings did at this age so he obviously just likes to be different! x
  • Options
    yay ryan rolled onto his side for me this morning, must have read all ur posts and got his arse in gear lol
    ema ryan is the same, not too keen on tummy time but will happily headbutt us!
    xxx
  • Options
    Well done ryan!! is he the first to accomplish this terrifying feat?

Philip started grabbing at toys properly today which has got me all excited, up till now he was soooo uninterested in toys, why play with toys when mummy lies on the floor with you pulling funny faces?!!
  • Options
    Well done Ryan, clever boy!!

Cole rolled on his side once, I got a bit excited then realised he'd just toppled over towards the back of the sofa where it slopes! I'm not sure how well he'll do rolling over cause he hates tummy time so I rarely put him on his tum.

I think COle is the same..why play with toys when mummy is making silly noises!! He will fling rattles or toys around if I put them in his hand but he's not got the hang of grabbing stuff for himself yet
  • Options
    I am glad other babies hate tummy time too Marcus think it is some form of torture. I think its because he can't look at things as well as on his back as he is too nosy for his own good.

Think he is starting to booty as was trying to escape this morning when I was changing his nappy.
  • Options
    Jack hates tummy time too. I managed a full 5 mins with him this morning which is good for him.
    Hes also started grabbing at toys this week and grsbs his dads arm hairs too which is highly amusing!
    Hes sleeping lots these last two days so i think its another growth spurt!
  • Options
    After saying Bryn hates time on his tummy I managed to get a lovely pic of him while he was on his front! (well I think its lovely!) x
  • Options
    Hollys starting to come round to tummy time what I did was lay her on my widgy I got for bf and then turned her around so she was on her tummy but sitting up and she seems to like that, geat great pics from it as well image I have noticed that she is starting to "climb" up her cot by arching her wee back and turning nearly full circle on her play mat. Ive also been putting her on her side and she is rolling onto her back or her tummy (not sure if she just falls over lol) I can't believe how quick the time is going and how fast our babys are growing up!
  • Options
    I've been trying tummy time again with Cole and he still grizzles. Tried him on a cushion again (thanks amy for the reminder about that one!) and he kicked up a fuss over that too!!

I guess I'll just keep persevering!