Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Does this sound about right?

Hi
Was just wondering if im doing the weaning thing right as Jack is my first.
Hes 18 weeks now and has
6am 7oz bottle
10am 5oz bottle and cow and gate fruity breakfast
130pm 5-7oz bottle
430 5oz bottle and puree veg
730 7-8oz bottle
He weighed 14lb 4 on Tues and is bang on his line in red book!
Any advice?

Replies

• Options
    Hiya hunibuni!

Theres no right or wrong way, whatever you and jack are happy with.

I know how you feel though- alfies my second but its all changed since my 1st 10 years ago, and very daunting!!!

I would say however that you have done what the majority of people do. I do what youre doing because its easier for me to fit it in at those times (how selfish lol).

Why dont you have a look at the thread posted by alioli called 'as promised...the weaning talk'? maybe on page 1 or 2. Theres loads of advice in there that might put your mind at rest.

God, i think thats the 2nd time ive promoted ali's thread!!! I'll want paying soon lol

Good luck

• Options
    Just checked (as i have no life!!!) and its on page 2 at the top

• Options
    hi hunibuni

im doing somethin v similar except still workin on gettin him off bf onto ff! u know ur child better than ne one and there is some great advice on here so go with the flow and ur instincts, i am! i stopped for a week cos i didnt think he wasready but then started again and he is much happier.
    suz, that is a good topic ur right!

xx
  • Options
    Hunibuni - that's how I'll be giving her solids this week (once i buy and blitz!), at bottles 2 and 4. Sounds good to me! Like Suz said (you can bugger off, all royalties are MINE!), do it to suit you and Jack, who looks so cute in his pic!
  • Options
    Thanks
    I made some puree carrot and sweet potato yesterday. Got a hand blender from tesco ??4. Got covered in carrot before i mastered it! Got some butternut squash and apple to do too.
    Jack tried carrot yesterday and loved it. xx
  • Options
    ??4. Might have to take a trip to tescos..and hope the other tescos nearish to me isn't as crappy as the last one I went to

I'm impressed with all of you guys who have set feeding ti mes.. I don't!! Cole has a bf when he wakes up, then a bottle when he fusses for one, another late morning, then early afternoon bottle and porridge, late afternoon bottle and before bed bottle. The odd bf in between and he has 7oz bottles although he doesn't always finish them.

I feel so disorganised now! lol!
  • Options
    Don't worry Kia I am the same as you! Partly because Bren still wakes for a night feed but it can vary now from anywhere between 2am and 4am! That then sets the pattern for the rest of the day, but some days he wants a bottle nearly every 2 and a half hours and sometimes he goes nearly 4 hours. I have been giving him some baby rice which he isn't so keen on at around 5pm when my hubby gets back from work. Switched to pureed veg which he seems to prefer and he is on carrot at the mo! I'm not pushing it too much with the solids yet as he is still a bit young so if he takes it I am giving him more and if he isn't interested I just give him more formula.
    We have moved his bath time forward to 6:30pm though and trying to get him in bed by 7:30-8pm rather than 9pm. It has worked some nights and not others - depends how wriggly he is feeling!! x
  • Options
    Yeah Cole didn't like baby rice but he seems to like his new food which is fruit and yoghurt porridge type stuff. He ate quite a bit today - and he's actually on his 5th bottle already! I think everything is just going through him a bit at the moment

Glad I'm not the only one without a set routine! I wish I could get Cole's bath to 6.30 rather than 7 - I think if we did that then I could maybe drop a feed and give more in the bottles but hubby doesn't get home from work till around 6.30 most nights and he does bath time!
  • Options
    We've just had our first taste of baby rice tonight with his 5 pm bottle. Wasn't too keen at firest but was then sucking it off the spoon. Onlt made a teaspoon up but he wolfed the lot down.
    Had a play in his bouncer then fell fast asleep by 6 30. hopefully he's down for the night as he doesn't usually go off till about 9.

Fingers crossed he sleeps thru tonight he hasn't all week as he started waking up hungry again x
  • Options
    Sounds like its a good time to start weaning then mummybec! Hope you get a good nights sleep!