Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

potty training

I havent yet looked at potty training forum, but will do so.
I just thought id get some top tips from the more experienced mums on here, or those who have started with their lo already.
We bought Elijah a potty yesterday but im a little scared to start potty training him on my own! I think he is ready as he tells me before he goes by saying 'bum' and 'wee wee'. He asks to sit on the toilet and says 'wee wee', He always tells me as soon as he wants to be changed, even when just wet. And lately he is always taking his nappy off, hates having it on x

Replies

• Options
    I didnt want to read and run - but i havent started yet although think going to buy a potty and see what happens although im not sure he understands when he's weeing although he can say word - he tells me just before or after a poo so he's is aware of that!

from what your saying elijah seems quite ready so give it a go but if it doesnt work just leave it for a month and try again!

xxx
  • Options
    Certainly sounds like Elijah is ready for it, give it a try and see what happens, just think of the savings not having to buy nappies!

Philip has started asking for the potty, not always in time though! and gets his mat and a nappy when he wants changing, was trying to take his nappy off but seems to have stopped that, thankfully (kept doing it at night in bed, yucky!). I bought him a basic potty from boots but he hates that as it's so low, got one from the NCT sale that is like a little chair and he much prefers it, sits there with his book reading whilst waiting for things to "happen", so sweet ant typically male!

Hope it goes well, let us know how you are getting on x
  • Options
    wow philip obviously is getting hang of it then... do you put it in one specific place? and did you just start sitting him on it at certain times or just before bath or sumit? xxx
  • Options
    Wow pootle that sounds so cute, sitting with a book lol. I'd say Elijah sounds ready too, good luck. Don't think zachariah is anywhere near ready as although he doesn't talk yet there's still no obvious sign he wants to tell me he needs to go or has been...... Well except for the poopy grimace action lol ........ Oh the joyimage
  • Options
    We have got Holly potty but she isn't at all interested in it. She will sit on it with lots of encouragment but then run away to have a pee lol she knows what she should be doing in it she just doesnt want to lol Im going to try a different kind of potty and see if I get on any better with that.