Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How many feeds a day?

Hi everyone
Just wanted to pick your brains as to how many feeds a day your lo's are having?

Amy is having between 4 and 5 a day with a full 5oz at each one. She is sleeping anywhere between 8 and 12 hours a night (!!!) and is awake quite a lot in the day with a few cat naps. I was really worried but the health visitor said that she's putting on weight nicely and is obviously just contented. She's always smiling too, which just melts my heart!

Replies

• Options
    Rhys is a right greedy guts. He has 5 full 6oz bottles and then wakes in the night and has 2 or 3 oz then. He's puttin about a pound on a week but the hv was happy with that.
  • Options
    Gracie has 5 feeds made up to 7oz and can have between 5-7oz depending! She has her last at 8.30pm and sleeps till about 8am (9am this morning!) so doing really well touchwood! Not had her weighed for 3 weeks - attempted to but they shut during half term, how unhelpful?!
  • Options
    Philip has 6oz at 5.30am, 7oz at 9.30, 1.30 & 5.30 then 6oz at 8.30, total of 33oz. and sleeps from 9.30 - 5.30 has bottle then goes back till 7.30 then sleeps in car from 8 - 9 while on school run, but during the day he only has about 40 mins at 11am and 4pm. He's putting on about 10oz a week although i've promised i won't have him weighed till his injections on 13th march which as i'm obsessed with figures and growth charts it's really hard to not go! Do want to get his length measured though.

Think most of us have been blessed with good eaters and sleepers!