Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

woohoo

Finally ...yesterday the long awaited refund cheque from the inland revenue arrived!!!!! At last!!!

OF course it just goes to prove that everyone hubby talked to when he was chasing it was talking absolute bollocks... the last time he rang, the guy told him it wouldn't be looked at yet and that he should get something the beginning of next month, and there was no record of any of his calls (despite the previous person saying there were records) and guess what.... the cheque was dated the exact same day he called!!

So once the credit card is paid off (damn ??400 car repair bill!!) and coles new car seat, stair gates, booster seat for travelling, new buggy, carbon monoxide detector is bought for his room....then we might just have enough left over for a wii and wii fit! Woo!

Oh and maybe a new outfit for me to wear for my goddaughters christening! 10am on a sunday a 45 min drive from us...thats just cruel!

Replies

• Options
    oohh a wii fit lucky you! well done on getting your money!
  • Options
    yey - sooo glad you got it through!!!!!!!!!

it's horrible isnt it finally get some dosh and it's gone before you know it!!! oh well it all helps

ooo liking the sound of wii fit... thats what i need!!!

have fun shopping for new outfit x
  • Options
    Hurrah! Money well nearly spent (apart from the car bill, bloody money gobblers those cars!), enjoy the shopping trips!
    And 10am is cruel! We had one at 9.45am and a 45min drive away....then parked miles away down a big hill. We made it on time and it didn't start till 10am! Huh!
  • Options
    Hubby is most put out as when we went to my friends sons christening they had bacon butties before the service but they only do that on the first sunday of the month so no bacon butties this time! he says whats the pointin going if you don't get bacon butties!! can you tell we aren't religious!!

Think we might go wii or wii fit hunting later this afternoon image
  • Options
    About time they got there arses into gear n sorted it out. I really want a wii fit
  • Options
    YAY on finally getting your money back!! The inland revenue really don't know there left hand from there right, they are terrible!!!! Glad its all sorted now though image

I can't believe how much money cars cost sometimes its like you open the bonet and just pour cash in, its amazing how much you come to rely on them as well.

Hope you have a lovely day shopping, have you decided on what kind of buggy your getting?? Really hope you find a wii and wii fit (am sooo jealous!!)

Carbon monoxide detector where do you get them? We have the letting agents coming to see us on Monday cos we tested the fire alarm (which is upstairs!) and it doesnt work so we are telling them they have to fit one downstairs and fix the one upstairs and we want a carbon monoxide detector. Its amazing what they get away with over here xxx
  • Options
    go amy... you tell them!!! i imagined you lived in some swish apartment with a decked terrace... with the sea in the distance.........am i wrong???!!!!

xxx
  • Options
    PML Charlotte I WISH, maybe one day lol We live in a bog standard red brick 2 bedroomed house. There is no front garden, thats where you park the car and keep the bins (attractive!) and then have a kitchen thats a terrible design but big enough for table and chairs, a hall and living room and a conservatory thats the same size as living room and 2 biggish bedrooms up stairs and a small bathroom and it just so happens you can see the sea from our bedroom. I'll put some pics of view from bedroom on fb xxx
  • Options
    Amy you get away with all that? Our tenants at work would probably get told to get stuffed! You want a carbon monoxide detector..you get your own! lol! All they get is the required safety check yearly. We will get our detector from B&Q - the average price seems to be about ??25. We are only getting it cause the boiler is in Cole's room! Think we might have to fit some kind of lock to the boiler cupboard when he's older thinking about it! Don't want him messing with the settings!!

Been spending money already...hubby bought me a bag from the body shop (which also doubles as a Cole swing!) and some body shop goodies image
  • Options
    Well done on getting the money back! We're still trying to get a rebate on tax my hubby paid in 2006 before he moved out here lol!

When I was in the UK I was playing on my brothers wii fit and it is excellent!!! So good, I really recommend it, in fact I have asked everyone to club together to buy me one for my 30th birthday lol!

Best bit was when my MIL got on it her character was the fattest of everyone and when it worked out her bmi it told her she was obese :lol: Needless to say she refused to get on it after that as obviously it was a load of rubbish!! image

We managed to get a car seat from Halfords on our way to Dover for the ferry, it is a Britax and was half price at ??49.99! Bargain! xx
  • Options
    Kia I get away with everything LOL I am a very demanding person just ask my oh lol
    Im pretty sure theres a law in Scotland that if you rent a property out you have to have a fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector in it (my mum works for solicitor he he) so I presumed it would be the same over here. I think theres going to be a law coming in in Scotland that sockets have to be pat tested and electrics and gas tested ect but not 100% sure on what it involves.

Liz the wii fit sounds great, my oh went to buy a wii today but I stopped him (not sure why lol) Your care seat sounds fab we still havent got one but had a good argument about it in mothercare today lol They operate a price match but wont offer us the same price we can get else where so argued my point then said ok then if thats the way you want to play it fine but we were planning on buying stair gates, safety stuff for house and a baby beanbag along with a few toys as well but we will take our buisness else where. I hate being ripped off lol
  • Options
    2006! That sucks Liz! But lol at t he MIL and the wii fit!! Hows the car seat? We were looking at those half price ones yesterday.

Amy - dunno about scotland but certainly in England there is a law that the gas has to be safety checked yearly. The electrics have to be safe but there is no law to say there has to be a safety check done which is a bit ambiguous really. If there are smoke alarms fitted then they have to be maintained but a landlord doesn't have to fit them. We'v ehad tenants stropping cause alarms are beeping before now and they've taken offence to being told to put a battery in tehm! We weren't gonna send a contractor out to put a new battery in!! Sure you really wanted to know about that legislation :P Demanding is good..lol..if you odnt ask you don't get
  • Options
    Well we've had a good couple of days spending!
    Yesterday wii, wii fit, extra controllers and the prince caspian game! Hubby is playing wii tennis now .. he's talking to the tv worse than when he watches football! lol!

Today we bought a new car seat - and after we'd had it checked the woman at the t ill was so nasty..interrogating us on coles age and lecturing us about how he shouldn't be front facing till 9 months as if we had an accident he'd snap his neck! What a cow...no need to be that nasty!

We also bought a silver cross pop salsa and its lovely! I love it!! I'm going to my friends tomorrow and I'm gonna take it and demand we go for a walk so I can test it!!

Also got Cole a little suit for bil's wedding! Cost more than my bloody dress did! Dress was ??27 in monsoon sale, coles stuff came to ??35!!! Good job hubby's paying! lol! Got him some trousers, little shirt and waistcoat and cravat. Course he won't be wearing the cravat long at all... either that or he'll be using it as a bib! The only smart stuff in the shop was a 12-18 month size so i'll have to turn the trousers up and put another hook in the waist! Mind you..they should still fit next april when my cousin gets married!!

Its so nice to have money!! Not that there is much left! Did I mention how lovely my new buggy is? Um..Coles new buggy
  • Options
    mmmmmm lovely new buggy! so jealous!
    your spending spree sounds fab...just thinking after reading about amy's house lol... kia have u finished cole's mural yet?
    xx
  • Options
    Not finished yet... but everything is painted - its just the fine details that need doing now.

I'll have to put some photos on facebook cause it looks very cool
  • Options
    wow what a spending spree.........ive got wedding end of aug and found a outfit for fin in next sale... grey pinstriped shorts(but long enough as trousers), matching waistcoat and white linen shirt all for ??10 BUT i had brought him a similar suit thing for mums wdding back beginning of april - 3-6month old chocolate brown pinstriped from monsoon cost a fortune!!! though it would never fit but thought i try them both on him and you'll never guess the monsoon one fits him and trousers are actually too big so will have to pull in elastic.......... so next one going back and he'll look soooooooo adorable in the orginal one!

just proves he doesnt eat much if he can fit in 3-6month suit that has no stretch................bless him!!!

I WANT A WII sounds so much fun, although i dont think id dare do the wii fit as it will say im over weight!!!

xx
  • Options
    Yeah we haven't set up the wii fit yet! I'm a bit scared of seeing it blowing up my mii into a fat little blob!!

Monsoon kid clothes are usually horribly expensive...well done on getting a bargain..bet fin will look so cute
  • Options
    Get on the wii fit it is fab!! Honest!

Where did you get the fit board from? My mum is on the look out for one for my bday (yey!!!) and says everywhere she has tried so far has sold out or is twice the normal price because of demand.

• Options
    We got it from Game. they were dead good cause they said if we ring at 9am and they have some then they'll hold them till 2. First day I rang they had some and held it till we went to get it. I was impressed as I'd expected it to be really difficult. My friends are trying to get one but they have hmv vouchers and are struggling.

Hope she gets one for you image