Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

In need of a laugh?

For us mummies in need of a giggle or two my hubby just sent me these links to cheer me up after a few sleepless nights with Bren!

Definately worth a look if you need cheering up! image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLbdYAV0Tj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--L7RYAexwM&feature=related

Liz xxx

Replies

• Options
    Thanks Liz... needed a laugh - just been diagnosed with PND... got fortnightly visits to the docs now image.... Hope you've had a good day x
  • Options
    Awww crikey Emma, really hope you are ok. Good that you have had it diagnosed and can hopefully get some help to get through it. Remember all of us December mummies are here for you too.

Sending you a big hug, and I am keeping my fingers crossed we both get a good nights sleep tonight! xxx
  • Options
    Em, like Liz said, come on here and we'll help too, esp if Liz's hubby keeps finding clips like those to watch!
    You're doing a great job with Bryn, not to mention Ophelia and Tristan and your step kids too - it's hard work being a mummy to one, let alone 3+. Try to stay positive and accept all the help that's offered. Take care x
  • Options
    Jack and me sending you a big cuddle Em xxx
  • Options
    Cuddles from Philip & me too, you are not alone. It's hard enough taking care of baby without having older kids, both your own and someone elses to deal with too. You are doing a fantastic job, as we all are and should feel proud of ourselves.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, oh might help a bit more now he knows I'm not just whinging.

I'll share something with you that might make you smile.... my 6'3", slighly overweight 43 year old hubby took his other kids out for a cycle ride on tuesday and decided to show off and do a wheelie...... he fell off!! The kids couldn't wait to tell me when they got home!.... That was kind of the real signal that something wasn't right as I knew it was funny but I couldn't laugh about it.

Thanks again.... and thank god for this site, you lot keep me going x
  • Options
    He he! Men eh?! Big bloody kids more like! Hope you get more help and are feeling happier soon x
  • Options
    That sounds like something worth seeing lol! Sounds like something my hubby would do!! x
  • Options
    Hi Emma - just to let you know I'm thinking of you! hopefully now you know things might start getting a bit better for you. just sent you a couple of things on facebook, don't know if you get on their much..actually one of them i think came from ali so you might already have it!! Do you fancy meeting up for a coffee? I can't work out how far you are from plymouth but if you wanted to get together - just to do something different I can meet up with you there?
    take care of yourself, julesy
  • Options
    Thanks Julesy... Be great to meet up - up to my eyes in it for the next couple of weeks though - Bryn has got his jabs and hubby is getting the snip this week (who do you think will make the most fuss??!), and then my inlaws are staying - hubby is at work so I'm going to have to entertain them - joy! I live about 18 miles from the centre of Plymouth - I go to Plym a fair amount as my family live over there and they wont make the trip out to see me (too far and too many country roads!)... I tend to grab moments on the puter so I don't go on fb alot... love the vid you sent me though. If you want to email me then I'll pass on my number.
    Take it easy. Thanks again. Emma
  • Options
    Emma, thinking of you. I had a touch of the baby blues for about 6 weeks and it wasnt nice so goodness knows how youre feeling.

As the others have said we're all here for you and hopefully in time things will get easier.

Big hugs from me and Alfie x
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like much time in there for you Emma! Hope your in-laws are able to help out a bit.
    will e-mail you on fb. take care, julesy
  • Options
    Lol liz those were funny

big hugs emma, hope things get better for you soon and your oh helps you out. We are all here for you if you need to talk..
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone.

Had a good day yesterday - hubby took the day off work so he could be at home.(although he did spend a lot of it working on his car!!) We went for a lovely walk last night in Padstow (little harbour - Rick Stein has a fish and chip shop there as well as his resturant) and then I sat and watched him and Ophelia having chips (though not from Rick Steins place - hubby would rather go hungry than go there!) - I waited until I got home and had a ham salad - lost 2lbs last week so don't want to put it back on..... boy did those chips smell good!

Just taking things day at a time - which I could get rid of this cold - that might make me feel better - literally!

Julesy will give you a call in a week or 2 when things are a bit quieter.

Sorry for being a moaner at the mo - Hate doing it but it just seems to happen without me trying very hard!

Hope everyone else is happy and healthy

Em x
  • Options
    Em - you're not moaning, ask my hubby for his definition! lol
    Glad you had a better day and hope the cold goes soon. I think an odd chip or few won't harm, esp as you are so good eating salad! I won't eat that till the temp ups a lot!
    Was a lovely day here, quite sunny, but coldish wind. A monkey pulled the washer nozzle off the back of our car and i made hubby speed off to stop the lil bugger pull the wiper off too! (it was our 2nd drive thru the monkeys so our own childish fault)
    Oh and he had his willy out, the monkey, not the hubby! lol
  • Options
    lol Alioli, sounds like you are having a nice birthday!

Emma you did really well not having any chips, I have been really bad the last week or so and just pigged out on all kinds of rubbish. Why doesn't your hubby like Rick Stein by the way? I dream about fish and chips over here cos you can't get them. My hubby keeps saying we will have to open a fish and chip shop over here! x
  • Options
    Lol Ali! The monkeys are always good. Was it Knowlsely you went to?? I took my cousin and her kids a few years back and the monkeys pulled the top trim off my car. I wouldn't go through in our newer car just in case!

Emma - glad you had a good day - hope you feel better soon! As for moaning..after hearing how pathetic my friends bloke has been while ill ..believe me there is no way you are moaning!!
  • Options
    Lol Ali - I can't bear monkeys - dad took me through the monkey enclosure at Longleat when I was little and they scared me and even at my age I can't quite forget! Wrecked our car too.

Liz - Mr Stein has got a lot of local peoples backs up - he kinda likes himself as a bit of a saviour of Cornwall - he blocked off a road that was used by the local traders with scaffolding and stuff while he was building his resturant and when complaints were made he told them they should be thankful because without him in Padstow their businesses would go down the pan! Needless to say alot of Cornish people think he's an arrogant little man (to put it nicely lol).
  • Options
    Ha Ha - that is putting it mildly - even up here in Devon we know how unpopular he is!!!
  • Options
    The things you learn from this site huh?! I never knew that about Mr Stein, very interesting! x