Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sorry to bother you all with names BUT PLEASE HELP!

OK IT'S DRIVING ME MAD..............

i feel like i need to have a boy and girls name set before labour as i like to be semi organised and i would panic if baby didnt have name and i made rash decsion!

BOY - we have MASON as first name but need a middle name.................SUGGESIONS PLEASE??!!!

GIRL - I love Freya and completly have heart set on it but hubby not having it at mo so other names
CAITLIN.UUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM thats as far as i have got....HELP???!!!

My little boys names is Finaly Charlie and our surname begins with G and is only 4 letters so quite blunt so names need to be at least 2 sylobols..........

PLEASE HELP ONLY 30 DAYS TILL DUE DATE and im worrying and hubby doesnt seem bothered about making decsion

xxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Crikey only 30 days, where has the time gone?!! Has it felt fast to you?

We were the same with a name and we knew it was a boy so I know how you feel!

Here are a few suggestions:-

Boys middle name: Thomas, Samuel, Caleb, Markus, Jonas, Joseph, Brendan, Jacob, Alexander (although would spell MAG), Henry, Kristian,

GIrls name: Sophia, Sophie, Neve, Kristin, Eva, Evie, Amelia, Celina, Louise, Lily,

I've just got hubby to give me names of his students (that aren't too scandinavian!) to help with ideas so not sure all of the above fit with what you are looking for but may give you some inspiration hopefully!

If I think of anymore I will let you know. xx
  • Options
    I know 30 days i cannot believe it myself!!!! it's starnge cuase it feels like ages ago i found out and was emailing you in panic but then on the other hand i havent had much time to think about it if you get me!!!!

I soryt of can't wait for baby to just be here now but i am feeling very nervous about looking after the pair of them and feel sorry for finlay in a weird way that he is our world at the moment and i cannot imagine that changing... i know i should hjave room for another but i cant imagine it! my mum sais she felt the same when preg with me... was happy but she said she cried when in labour as missed my bro and then felt guilty that he was no longer her baby but she said it only lasts a short time!!!! FINGURES CROSSED!!!

Thanks for name suggestions - i like sophie but more as a middle name and love Eva, Ava and Eve but hubby not sure! Hadn't thought of Amelia - may run that past him... as kind of sweet but nice for adult as well!

Boys middle - i like Jonas never heard of it and Jake, or Jack i liked Harrison but then thought Mason Harrison may not sound right!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi - i can't believe its only 30 days either - time has gone so fast! What about something like james or robert? I also like liz's suggestion of henry. traditional names and sounds quite posh coming after Mason. is there any inspiration you can draw from family members?
    My 2 have middle names that are after family members but give a balance to their first name (if that makes sense)
    so my eldest is charles and my youngest is john.
    my hubby was not bothered either and when i went into labour early we had no name. my husband felt like we had to name him straight away so we did but we hadn't really had time to think about it or discuss it properly and so the next day when my hubby came back i said i'd changed my mind!! lol !

Girls i also like sofia and Lily too but also adele or adela. i'm rubish at this - sorry i'm not more help!!
  • Options
    Don't worry I felt the same when I was pregnant with Jacob, you can't imagine loving another baby as much as your first lo and feel guilty you will have to share your time. Like your Mum said I felt guilty having to leave Bren with a friend when I went into labour (especially as it was about 4am and he was really confused!) and missed him so much when I was in hospital. I didn't get to see him for two days as hubby had broken the car and the hospital was an hour and a half away. Very weird when I first saw him too as he looked huge, so I was quite emotional about my little baby suddenly being a little boy!
    I can't even tell you how much I love my two boys though, they give me so much happiness and I love them both equally. Bren loves being a big brother and helps with getting nappies etc for Jacob!

It will all just happen naturally so try not to worry hun. I can't wait to find out if you have had a little boy or little girl! Do you have any idea/ gut instinct? x
  • Options
    why do i have to have a bloke that just cant be bothered with discussing names - its driving me mad!!! just been going through bounty website and saying a few and he just says nope... then he said maddison for girl - i'm not keen but didnt want to say cause i know he'll then say well whats the point in me suggesting bla bla bla................

why cant he just love FREYA like me - i'm sooo hoping that when baby arrives if its a girl he'll let me use it and it'll grow on him!!!! think i'm wishful thinking!!!

I know what you mean about needing a more traditional name after mason - mum said that to me.... what about

MASON JAKE
    MASON JACK
    MASON HARRIS

Finlays middle name is after hubbies dad but all other family names i dont like and even hubby agreed with that one...

Mason is already a family name as it's my nans family surname going back generations as the stone workers - they dont know we have chose that as boy first name so hope they approve and like the family link!

xxx
  • Options
    fantastic that mason's a family name! I like all the middles names above but thinks Harris sounds better with your surname because of the one syllable thing.

I was worried i wouldn't love 2nd as much as 1st but was also worried about zach being alienated so i spent so much time and effort trying to include zach that i did find it difficult to bond with noah. i know its a horrible thing to say but it did take a while. he was a realy difficult baby aswell which didn't help. my husband found it more difficult than i did to bond to him. but we did and we adore him. he's our special little baby! bless him he's so cuddly and cute.

my friends disagreed on what they were calling their child and so they just call him the name that they wanted - mum calls him loiuspaul and dad calls him louis and it each winds the other up!
    your hubby sounds just like mine - if he suggests something and you don't like it he gets a strop! he wanted a girl to be called charlotte and i was so worried about upseting him that it ended up our girls choice being charlotte and i knew 2 girls that i really disliked called that so its lucky we had boys!
  • Options
    g/c i love freya we have that picked for ours if a girl n love mason too, equally love caitlin as thats my princess's name.

mason james love that
  • Options
    haha, Star that sounds like so many conversations me and hubby had whilst I was pregnant!

I would suggest names and he would say no and I'd get annoyed that he never suggested anything and he said what's the point as you always say no!!

Thankfully we only had to choose one name as we knew we were having a girl!

I had middle names from the start as I knew what I wanted - hubby wasn't very keen on Rose or the fact that I wanted 2 but he said they're not important so I chose what I liked!

First name was very tricky - we had Lottie and Lucy for ages and I was getting really worried as we couldn't find anything that was just right.

We were going to leave it until she was born but I suggested Isabelle one day and we both really liked it!

I had to tell hubby it was less popular than it actually is as he really doesn't like top ten names!!!

We only firmed up 2 weeks before I was due so don't worry too much!!

I like Maon James too - James is a really good middle name. Henry is Charles Oliver?

Also keep on with Freya - start referring to your bump as that - it'll soon grow on him!! image

PS Liz I totally understand when you say that Bren seemed so big when you saw him for first time! That's how I felt about Henry - he looked ginormous!! And I am a real molly coddler but I love mine both equally now too - didn't think I'd be able to but it really does just happen naturally!!

xxxxx
  • Options
    wow thanks for replies - i go on the due sites and they dont really bother replying.... i think i'll just stick with you guys MUCH NICER!!!

Hadn't thought of James that does have a ring to it...

I cant explain how much i want freya - i know that sounds weird but it just feels right!!! i will keep on but then do i really want to persuade him if you get me???!!!!

Last night went on bounty site and wrote down a list of girls names and then some other middle names and then when hubby came in i left it on sofa and when i went bed i said can you look at that and cross out any you dont like as your obviously not going to sit down and look through lists of names.................. i was being bit sarcy!!!

anyway this morning i see he did and so we are left with:

Freya (he left this on list but me thinks its cause he knows i'll go mad)
    Jasmine
    Caitlin (he wrote Katelyn next to it)
    Abigail
    Jessica
    Ruby

Then we had Mason but for middle left was:
    Jack
    Jake

So what do people think???

I'm glad not just me that cannot imagine loving another child like fin....

Liz - I am 98% convinced its another boy - not really sure why think mixture of baby having very low heartbeat and they say that means boy, also lady at work did her crystal thing and it was boy and mearly everyone says oooo carry a boy for def! dont know why im stressin so much about girls name tho think its just in case!

xxx
  • Options
    If you feel that strongly about Freya then hang onto it, maybe hubby will come round once he has seen you go through labour again! Ruby is nice too though, and I like Katelyn spelt that way.Jessica is nice too, I'm not so keen on Abigail just because a girl I was at school with who had that name got called gabby which isn't nice!

I agree Mason James sounds nice, Mason Jake is also nice but not sure how it would sound with your surname?
    I've remembered another boys name I liked that could be an ok middle name - Lukas. My hubby didn't like it but I thought it was nice!
    Another girls name I like is Natalia.

I think you are going to have a girl since you are having so much trouble choosing a name!! x
  • Options
    Ooh another exciting Xmas time in your house!
    I like Mason James the best of the options, they sound good together and go with your surname too.
    I think women should get to choose the baby's name anyway, as we have to put up with everything that goes with making it and beyond, it's our right lol. So you keep working at Freya if you want it! Just be careful the middle name doesn't make her initials dodgy, like FEG, FAG, FIG, FOG etc! A longer syllabled name would sound nice with it, but I can't think of any apart from beginning with the above initials!
    Good luck for the rest of the pg'cy and trust me, you'll have enough love for any amount of children you have.
  • Options
    hello ladies................ the name debate goes on HEHEHEHE!

I came up with Mason Archie yesterday and hubby liked it so that maybe the one although we'll see!!!

also although i am not giving up on Freya i am moving towards Jasmin not sure on middle names and it was one of the names hubby kept on list...

god its driving me mad youd think this would be easy wouldnt you!!! sorry for my borning posts just nice to get it out of head or i obsess all day!

• Options
    its not boring love the name game (when its for other people lol - not quite so easy when its your own and your oh is uncooperative!)
    I really like Mason Archie - that has a nice ring to it with your surname.
  • Options
    thank you julesy.... hubby liked it but still wont say YES.............. i did say to him whilst i was in bath last night 'are you just trying to send my blood pressure through the roof lets just make a decsion' he just laughed! MEN!

• Options
    sorry star, only just seen this post! I like Mason Archie. I also like Katelyn and Jasmine and Jessica. Or how about Amelie instead of Amelia?
  • Options
    thanks for all replies - i mega appriciate it! we are not much further along and i am actually getting very annoyed with hubby now!!!

I have a little note book that has contact details etc in same one i used for fin - and was going to shove it in hospital bag WELL last night i wrote in it the names list as i can see we are not going decide in time and it will be names at hospital and if i dont take the options written down we may make rash decsion!!!!

On my list is now:

Freya Jessica or Freya Ruby
    Jasmine Emily
    Kaitlyn/Katelyn/Caitlyn/Caitlin Jessica or Ruby
    Pheobe Jessica or Ruby

other names i have joted down for middle name options: Lottie (my name but nicknames but still cute i thought - or is that sad using something relating to your own name)
    Bella

Then boys names:

Mason - Archie
    Jake
    Spencer
    Carter
    Robbie

I am 38 weeks today and feel very STRANGE it's the only word i can think of to some me up... fin had sickness bug last weekend and then hubby got it and he's still not right - that sooo doesnt help as you know what men are like! then i woke up with sharp back ache (bed is uncomfy so may of just been that but did make me think) then felt weird... then had dippy belly all morning - still feel strange! i remember when i went into labour with fin a few days before i had dippy belly so now im thinking ooo maybe!

xx
  • Options
    Ooooh dippy tummy, you're meant to get the runs b4 labour as a clear out.
    You have ruby down a lot
    why not ruby jasmine, ruby caitlyn, ruby ....something

I like mason spencer with your surname

Good luck , hope it's a quick one x
  • Options
    Ooooooh may not be long for you then! I had Jacob at 38 weeks! I had mild contractions on and off for a few days and then my waters broke at 3am!
    Fingers crossed hubby gets better asap so he can look after you properly! Keep us posted! xx
  • Options
    ohhh could be soon I had Rhys at 38 weeks and had dodgy tum to start lol.
    I love Freya and Caitlin my sister was going to be caitlin olivia but then initials would have been cow so she became an olivia caitlin lol.

We are getting nowhere with names. we have Niamh for a girl (she'd be an Evie for short) but it's boys we're struggling with and as it's looking like this lo is a boy it's annoying ha ha.
    I love Alfie James but oh not so keen ( I have awhile to work on him yet though lol) or Dylan oh just doesn't come with anything grrrrrrrr
  • Options
    YEY WE HAVE MORE OR LESS DECIDED.........

I collard hubby whilst he was in shower.........

Caitlin Jessica or Mason Archie or Jake

I feel so much better now and now sort of badly hoping girl so i can use the name - that sounds awful doesnt it but im sure you know what i mean!!!