Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teething

Hi,

Is anyone else's lo teething?! I'm pretty sure that Henry is teething - he's been gnawing on his fists for a week - making them red and is really grizzly not just at night time (he never normally cries for no reason) and he's started dribbling loads over the past few days. His left cheek is also really red so now I'm panicking as the teething gels say you can't use them before 4 months! Don't want to give him Calpol either unless I really have to!

Anyone got any advice?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Have you got some of those teethers you can put in the fridge?

I keep thinking Cole may be teething for the same reasons but I hadn't even thought about age limits on teething gel.. I'll have to look at mine. I tried Cole on the teether yesterday and he just looked at me funny! I think he prefers chewing on my nipples at the mo! Owch
  • Options
    The calgel is from 3 months if that helps? Some babies like the teethers (none of mine have and the ones i got gracie didn't go down well!) you put in the fridge. Gracie likes me rubbing her gum gently.
    My friend had some teething beads for her lo so i'm gonna try those next time i'm in tesco.
    Don't worry if you have to give him Calpol, it'll help him if he really needs it.
    Who's gonna cut their 1st tooth then? A new list Liz n Obi!
  • Options
    What are teething beads?
  • Options
    I seen the doc about Holly teething coz she started at 8 weeks! I was advised that teething gels were ok and got the bongela one which is suitable from 2 months I think. I was told not to see her in pain and to give her calpol as long as I was being sensible. We got tommee tippee gummies they are called and look like gum shields, they are great, Holly also has the water teething ring u can put in the fridge but Im naughty and put it in the freezer.
    Good luck with it all xxx
  • Options
    Dentinox can be used from birth - just checked the packet. I have that one cause my mate swears by it and put it in a bag of useful stuff for me!
  • Options
    Ah I did buy one of those fridge teethers in a panic as monster decided to scream mid food shop!! He just didn't understand why I was shoving it in his mouth and he just started sucking his fists again! I will try the bonjela gel though - I might go to drs about it cos I'm just not convinced he's definitely cutting his tooth!!
  • Options
    Emily its not that the teeth are cutting they move about under the gums and thats what causes the pain. Holly fares up every so often and then goes ok again, if worried though deffo see your GP.