Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Been naughty!

Hi,

Well I have been a bit naughty today and ordered a new change bag but it was quite expensive! I just used the free one I got with the trave; system with Brendan but I wanted something bigger since we are going to have another one arriving soon. Plus it means I have something bigger I can use as handluggage for when we fly to the UK.
I've gone for the Ju Ju Be prepared bag in black/silver (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/beprepared.html) which has set me back a whopping ??90!! I feel really naughty but I have been looking at it for weeks and haven't found anything that looked as good so decided that since hubby is usually pretty rubbish with Valentines Day and our wedding anniversary (which is beginning of March) this could be my gift to myself haha! The excuses we come up with!! image

Also ordered a new monitor as the one we have is rubbish (basic Tomy one) and the parent unit has to be plugged in or the batteries die within 20 mins. I've ordered the BT 150 Digital which seems to have very good reviews and was a pretty good price. Should hopefully mean we can listen to the baby without all the crackling that we had with Brendan!

Busy ordering all the bits I think we will need from the UK so that when we go over to my Mums at the end of Feb we can collect it all and bring it back.

I'm also trying to get a Mamas and Papas Perfect Height Swing which they don't seem to do anymore so I have been looking on e-bay for a second hand one, if anyone knows of someone with one to sell let me know!

Thanks for reading my spending confessions!! :lol:xx

Replies

• Options
    just looked at it and it looks fab! why not treat yourself, its gorgeous! lol. And you def are gonna need a bigger size with 2 lo's. The swing looks fab too. Gosh im getting soooo broody! I said to hubby the other day "i want another one" and he said "well you can when you want to" how sweet lol xxx
  • Options
    Oooooooo ! I'm excited for you now! lol! When do you think you will try for one? Sorry, I'm a bad influence lol!! x
  • Options
    You naughty naughty girl! lol
    Think though...you saved money in the first place by using the free one, so you have prob spent the same amount as you would have had on 2 bags!
    And it does look cool!
    Happy spending! x
    Oh and bluey, happy thinking of baby making now! Go for it! x
  • Options
    that is lush................. i was going to the yumm mummy one when i had fin but didnt have spare cash once he was born - much better idea to get nice posh one before hand!!!

i suppose really you dont have to buy that much - will you need anothoer cot or just use moses basket as long as poss and hope bren is in bed soon? how many bedrooms do you have? will you leave brens room as it is and they create a new nursery??? i soooo nosey! i love all this planning!

my friends pregant for 3rd time and due in July im sooooo excited was asking her about names today - ive never been that keen on her choices but i suppose thats the point if everyone liked the same names the world would be a dull place! she already has a Corey, Joel and she like Rhyly (sp?)
    at the play farm there was a Harrison, Kyle and Reece... i know you were still looking for suggestions!

Bluey - ooooooooooooo how cute that he said when you want my hubby would never say that! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for the extra reasons why it was a good thing to buy girls lol!

Star11 - keep the names coming, we are still unsure whether we are going to call this little man Jacob or not. We both like the name but for some reason it doesn't seem like the right name. Think we may have to have a few we like and decide when he arrives!

Don't mind you being nosey Star11, our house is a bit weird, from the front it looks like a bungalow but it is built into the hill so we have a basement underneath. At the moment we are just living on the top floor and have three bedrooms, although one is the other side of the house and good as a guest bedroom so short term we are going to have the baby in with us in the moses basket and then probably in a travel cot (going to get a better mattress for it) until it is sleeping better. In Brendans room we have his cot and a single bed so once the baby is sleeping better Brendan can be in the bed and the baby can have his cot.

Ultimately though we want to do up the basement (just used for storage at the moment although it is as big as what we are living in at the moment!). It needs rewiring and panelling so a fairly big job but not too crazy. So we are going to put in another bathroom downstairs and at least three goodsize bedrooms with a small living room/ tv area so we have somewhere the kids can watch tv and play. Probably not going to happen for another year or two but eventually it should look really nice.
    We will probably have to sacrifice one of the bedrooms upstairs to put in a proper stairway down as the existing one is a bit too steep for everyday use. But it means we can then have a utility room next to the kitchen (where the current staircase is) and use what is our bedroom as a guest bedroom.

All dreams at the moment lol! We haven't done much to this house since we moved in other than sorting out a nursery for Brendan and redoing the bathroom. Then again I guess we have only been here a year and we only moved in a few weeks before Brendan was born!

xx
  • Options
    All so exciting Liz! Although i wouldnt get too excited for me just yet...lol. I defintely have to be out of the inlaws place b4 even thinking of a baby!! Hopefully that will be in may, but we are unsure of hubbys job security at mo (he may be made redundant-he finds out on fri) so it depends on alot of worrying factors!! Im thinking end of year to try, but perhaps hubby will have chickened out by then...hehe xxx
  • Options
    hee hee - romantic gifts to yourself there Liz! Your hubby would have been in trouble if he'd chosen those gifts you for valentines/wedding anniversary!!! (I hope he gets you something tho)
    Some people spend way more - really stupid ridiculous ammounts on stuff and you are going to get way more use out of that bag with the travelling you'll be doing so it will be worth it.
    Its definately easier the second time to spend out money because you know the stuff that really gets used and is worth spending out on. (also you probably have a lot of the 'big' stuff still from the first one!)
    hope you're feeling ok and all's going well, haven't been on much so i've lost track a bit!
    jules x
  • Options
    oooo i can imagine now liz - i have seen some photos of outside and the lake etc and it looks like heaven there! well we have two bedrooms above original old park of house 100 plus years old and then theres a ground floor extention to the side which is our kitchen quite large area and bathroom and small hall so we were thinking of building above that hoepfully squeezing in a bedroom bathroom and corridors leading to all and staircase... BUT it all needs dosh and we have none at mo as hubby self employed so not much work at mo so im popping myself! Anyway i know we could manage with 2 beds having baby in with us until older etc but i know what i nightmare fin was soooo noisey and he was in own room by 2 weeks old so couldnt do that with new baby! im babbling now!!!

xxx
  • Options
    oooo i can imagine now liz - i have seen some photos of outside and the lake etc and it looks like heaven there! well we have two bedrooms above original old park of house 100 plus years old and then theres a ground floor extention to the side which is our kitchen quite large area and bathroom and small hall so we were thinking of building above that hoepfully squeezing in a bedroom bathroom and corridors leading to all and staircase... BUT it all needs dosh and we have none at mo as hubby self employed so not much work at mo so im popping myself! Anyway i know we could manage with 2 beds having baby in with us until older etc but i know what i nightmare fin was soooo noisey and he was in own room by 2 weeks old so couldnt do that with new baby! im babbling now!!!

xxx
  • Options
    oh looks lovely, and why not splash out a bit, baby number 2 needs a few new things and not just a load of hand me downs lol. not long now eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i am so broody myself but then zachariah has an 'off' day and i know i could wait a little longer lol