Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

alioli

Hiya! Noticed in the baby forum that your hubby proposed in the arndale. Sorry to be nosey but where do you live as i live in st.albans, about half hour drive away?
Dont worry-no stalking intended!!!

Replies

• Options
    Yeah - ever the romantic my hubby is! We now live in Burnley but he 'proposed' in Nelson arndale centre (not the nicest of places - 1970's style and mainly full of cheap or charity shops). That's in Lancashire, about 30 mile north of Manchester. Really pap at geography, where's st albans??! No stalking either!!!
  • Options
    Burnley...thats not that far from me I don't think. If I remember rightly its about an hours drive across the trough of bowland.

my hubby proposed at disneyland paris image
  • Options
    Burnley...thats not that far from me I don't think. If I remember rightly its about an hours drive across the trough of bowland.

my hubby proposed at disneyland paris image
  • Options
    Where's you then Kia? We are near trough of bowland. Have you been to the wild boar park at chipping? It's ace!!!
    Disneyland Paris - how lovely! A few steps up from mine then!
  • Options
    Burnley is really close to where my inlaws live (I spent new years day 2007 in Burnley hospital with Ophelia)... but I think Nelson is even closer -(sort of inbetween there and Colne - its out in the sticks) Know the building you mean in Nelson.

My hubby proposed on the waterfront on a september evening as the light was begining to fade... pity the little town is called Looe!! Paris does sound better than Looe!! lol x
  • Options
    It's a small world eh?! Bet they've got a lovely place Em - it's nice countryside there, just a shame about the town! I grew up in Barrowford which is ever-growing village next to Nelson and have also lived in Colne and Trawden if you know those places? Do the in laws play golf? It sounds like they'll live near to Marsden park golf course where we're going tom...i may even know them!? Would that be a good or bad thing, being the in-laws and all!?
    Looe - is it pronounced loo??? That's a tale - i got engaged in Looe! x
  • Options
    We are in Lancaster.
    Nope..haven't been to the wild boar park, but it looks like its around 1 hr 15 mins away - we might have to go when we got some money.

It was nice in disneyland..I love disney! We went on a 4 day city break, it was knackering!!!
  • Options
    Hubby did his pgce at st martins but travelled in daily as we were expecting Charlie then. We went out a coupla times and stayed over at friends. They took us up to that big memorial place (can't remember the name!) on a sunny day when Charlie was only about 5 wk old and the view was amazing up there!
    Cole would love the park when he's a bit older, they do lamb feeding, hold (squash!) a chick, pony rides, tractor rides etc plus all the animals and playpark etc. It's quite reasonable and i think under 2 or 3 is free.
  • Options
    In-laws live on a road between Nelson and Trawden... they not golfing people but I know where the golf club is. I'm pretty lucky as far as in laws go - and whats even better they think I'm great!! lol. And yes, Looe is pronounced loo! - Its a typical Cornish seaside town but with a really rubbish name!
  • Options
    Ashton memorial.. I like it up there in the summer.

I'll try and remember that park for in a year or so. We are also around an hour or so away from Dalton in Furness wildlife park..or maybe a bit more. Its good there too - I took my cousin and godkids there a few years ago - htey do some kind of animal feeding too. We are also not t hat far from knowsley safari park too. I can't wait till Cole is old enough to take him out to all these places!
  • Options
    We went to dalton's place last summer and it was fantastic! The animals were really lively and the train was a hit! We're gonna go to knowsley over easter with the kelloggs ticket. I love the drive-thru monkey bit - we've had them bonking and pooing on our bonnet over the years! Had to scrape poo off with a nappy - hubby filmed me! It was my birthday too...maybe he should've done the poo removal?!
    Em - i used to travel on that road daily to take hubby to work - there's some fantastic properties up there if i had a bob or robbed a bank!
  • Options
    Um... there are some fantastic properties up there... however... their place is fairly big but it could do with a little bit of tlc to say the least! As for the monkey poo - well it makes a change from the baby variety!! lol But yes, your hubby should have done the cleaning up - especially on your birthday.
  • Options
    My cousin persuaded me to go through the monkey run..they ripped one of the plastic bits off the top of my car...you know..the bits where a roof rack would go. Fortunately it was an old car!! Hubby and I went a bit ago and we didn't go through the monkeys!! It was off season though so quiet and we just stopped for ages and laughed at someone who was trying to drive through the monkey bit but the monkeys kept sitting int he way!!

Whats this Kellogs ticket thing? Do I need to get my hubby eating cornflakes or something so we can have a day out?
  • Options
    Lol Kia! Yes - they're doing a free ticket thingy on certain Kellogg's packets - rice crispies, coco pops, perhaps cornflakes?! So you'd only pay for 1 adult, Cole'd be free, and they last til early 2009, excluding bank hols. They're valid for a few places in our area - Blackpool zoo, Chester zoo, Knowsley and others i can't remember! Well worth munching cereal for the next few months!
  • Options
    Well I'll be over in Helmshore for a few days at Easter staying with my MIL before we go over to Yorkshire so not far from you Alioli, his Auntie lives in Hapton which I think is closer still?

My oh took me to Chester zoo for my birthday a few years ago and I loved that, have always wanted to do Knowsley especially as my hubby and I went to Liverpool Uni so wasn't very far for us but we never got round to it! Don't think I would be brave enough to drive through the monkey bit unless I was in someone elses car lol!

Can't wait until Brendan is a bit older and we can take him to places like that in the UK. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that his passport turns up so we can actually get back to the UK. Seems really weird that he has never been there, I am so excited taking him back home to see all my friends etc! x
  • Options
    Yeah Liz - Hapton's about 10 mins drive away. Can't believe how yours n Em's in laws live so close to moi!
    Bet you can't wait! He'll have lots of fuss made! Hope you have a spare suitcase in mind to bring all his Christening pressies back! Because he was born in Norway, is he classed as Norwegian? (may be a stupid question but i'm not sure on such things!) Will he be able to have british and norwegian passports etc? Not a clue!
  • Options
    Not a stupid question don't worry, we were unsure ourselves until we looked into it. He currently has a Norwegian birth certificate but will be getting a British passport as both hubby and I are British. I'm still not 100% sure whether he would be entitled to a Norwegian one but from what I have read he would have to live here for 7 years before he could request to become a Norwegian citizen. However if he did that in order to get a Norwegian passport he would have to surrender his British one as the Norwegians don't like you to have dual nationality so I think he will be sticking with his British one as it is much more useful. We can get him a British birth certificate but it will cost us just short of ??100 and as we can do that at any time we aren't in a rush just yet - especially after spending nearly ??90 on his passport!

Really is a small world isn't it!
    My mum and step dad are coming over with the car at the end of May luckily so they can bring any excess luggage we have over with them! I think the days of travelling light for us are well and truly over!! Having said that both my MIL and mum have bought a Tommee Tippee Microwave steriliser from Tesco for us to use as they are on sale at ??9.99 from ??19.99 and come with three bottles! Very handy, I was going to get the bags but they are ??5 for three so the steriliser was a far better deal. x
  • Options
    ??100 for a birth cert! Owch! And the passport price...ridiculous isn't it!!

I've told my hubby he's having kellogs cornflakes from now so that we can have free tickets to knowsley! Mind you - I fancy a trip to the zoo.. I think Cole might get more out of a trip to the zoo - we can take him up closer to the animals.
  • Options
    We were gonna go Knowsley at Easter hols but Charlie came home from school with a trip letter - they're going there in April just before the hols begin! We'll prob go zoo now instead..not been to Blackpool one since i was too young to remember! Got another box today so we have one for half term too!
    Interesting and expensive stuff being British in another country then Liz?! It won't cost me ??90 for Gracie's passport will it? Is that because you're over there?
  • Options
    No, it is ??46 I think in the UK for a childs first passport. Its just because of the extra admin I think for being over here! I'm just glad it lasts him 5 years othewise we would be spending a fortune! The photo doesn't look anything like him already though as he was only 5 weeks old when it was taken lol! x