Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Crawling

Well, Bren is finally crawling in a kind of commando shuffle style but he can move around pretty quickly and it is a knightmare!! I had a playpen a friend gave me so I put him in that so I knew he would be safe and he just cied despite he had loads of fun toys to play with. So tiring having to move him away from things he is going to bump his head on all the time! Has anyone got any tips on how to stay sane?

I borrowed a couple of toys from another friend today that have push buttons and things that spin round when you press things and he seems to love that - but would still rather crawl off to chew on his daddies shoe or head for the fireplace! x

Replies

• Options
    Uh-oh, here comes trouble! Well done Bren!
    I'm sorry, no tips as have had the same prob for a coupla months now! I just put a fireguard round the hearth as the brass fender knobs were well dangerous and put loads of toys on the rug. She`still goes to the naughty places! But now she can self-sit so to speak, she's not crawling all the time as b4.
  • Options
    well done bren... fin isn't quite there yet but in the last few days can move around - sort of going backwards and sideways and gets up on hands and knees a lot all on his own...

our house is such a nightmare sooo not child friendly at all so god knows what we'll do when he is actually moving well!!!

play pen would have been my first idea but obviously bren is thinking hang on this is rubbish... only thing i can think is just get stair gates for doors like kitchen etc... then fire surround and move things that are low and breakable... in a way he'll have to learn at some point! if you leave room then i suppose pop in play pen, walker door bouncer etc... just for bit!!! difficult one!!!

xx
  • Options
    Well done Bren on crawling!! We are gonna order the things we need to "baby proof" the house when we get back from our trip home next week stairgates and a home saftey pack that has loads of plus socket covers and corner cushions for tables ect. Like Charlotte my house isn't baby friendly lol
  • Options
    aaw well done bren!
    no tips im afraid. but im not gonna move everything out of the way cos i think he will soon get over wanting things if we dont make a fuss out of it. im sure i will change my mind but hey nothing wrong with being positive!
    thats kind of like when i said i would never use jars........ hmm
  • Options
    Well done Bren!! Isn't it funny how we can't wait for them to start crawling and then, when they do, we silently wish we could still put them on the floor and come back in 2 minutes to find them in the same spot!!?? Yup, Maddy always heads for the stuff she's not supposed to so, I have bought a playpen on Ebay... picking it up tomorrow. Just hope I have more luck with it than you, LizB!

If she doesn't take to it, I think I'll end up having a nervous breakdown!! Lol
  • Options
    Well done Bren.... image

Bryn has started to crawl in the past week - he'd been rolling and commando shuffling for a while but now he gets up on all fours - saying that at the moment he can still get about quicker doing a shuffle... that will change soon enough.... the trouble I have is that Ophelia has loads of little toys and dolls with long hair which Bryn makes a beeline for - and however many times I tell Fee not to leave them about she still does!! :roll:

xx
  • Options
    Well done Bren..and Bryn. Cole is wiggling and has a weird arching his back and shuffling backwardst hing going on! Oh and the rolling!

Now that the tax refund has finally arrived, we are going to buy a fireguard and baby gates. I've got a blanket rolled up at the moment against the hearth so cole doesnt bang his head on the wood or get to the tiles..but he does like to pull the blanket around! We have just finished tidying up and we are working hard on putting stuff away when we are done with it!! Most stuff is out of the way but I'm not moving the table so he'll just have to learn to not bump into it! Little bugger keeps wiggling to the sofa and pulling on the throws every time my bakc is turned!!